You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Mine was a status update on the portalWhere do you find that information? Is it like in a separate letter or on the RFU portal?
BingoAm I understanding this right, we have to we accept the offer on the RFU portal and pay the deposit within 5 days of acceptance but can still wait till the CTE deadline to commit?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chimmychangooey
Full Member
OOS A TODAY
ii 10/18/24, interviewed 11/5/24, waitlisted 11/25/24
69 LM, 508 MCAT I had totally given up hope
ii 10/18/24, interviewed 11/5/24, waitlisted 11/25/24
69 LM, 508 MCAT I had totally given up hope
Shikamaruu
New Member
Were you sent an email or did they call you?OOS A TODAY
ii 10/18/24, interviewed 11/5/24, waitlisted 11/25/24
69 LM, 508 MCAT I had totally given up hope
chimmychangooey
Full Member
An email sent around 4 PM CSTWere you sent an email or did they call you?
life_in_a_nutshell
Full Member
Nothing on my endLol is anyone getting aid (scholarship) from the school? I send out emails to them but all I receive is a generic bot-filles response. Has anyone else had luck? Some of my other schools have CTE deadlines coming up so this is getting quite close...
futurebonedr
Full Member
I received a scholarship, but it was very much so a surprise and not the norm. They are pretty transparent about the fact that they give very few scholarships (I believe someone else said ~6 max) and I was told most are need-based.
Oh I see. I don't mean to pry but is it enough to cover tuition costs for a year atleast?I received a scholarship, but it was very much so a surprise and not the norm. They are pretty transparent about the fact that they give very few scholarships (I believe someone else said ~6 max) and I was told most are need-based.
Curious2001
Full Member
Where can we find the scholarship info? Are there applications we need to fill out specific to RFU?
I don't think there are any at rfu, there are some external ones. The internal ones have no applications the depts decide based on SES. As far as I was toldWhere can we find the scholarship info? Are there applications we need to fill out specific to RFU?
WhiteCoatDreamer1
New Member
Does anyone know of a group chat/Facebook for admitted students?
butternoodle
Full Member
can whoever is the admin of the groupme pls let me in i swear i got accepted lmao
Does anyone know of a group chat/Facebook for admitted students?
GroupMe - Join the group for Class of 2029 Chicago Medical School
GroupMe - Join the group for Class of 2029 Chicago Medical School
groupme.com
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's run by Latrice/CMS RFU Staffcan whoever is the admin of the groupme pls let me in i swear i got accepted lmao
I received my financial aid package yesterday. It’s 100% loans for me 🥲Lol is anyone getting aid (scholarship) from the school? I send out emails to them but all I receive is a generic bot-filles response. Has anyone else had luck? Some of my other schools have CTE deadlines coming up so this is getting quite close...
chimmychangooey
Full Member
Same T.TI received my financial aid package yesterday. It’s 100% loans for me 🥲
equivalent_wear123
Full Member
Withdrew my spot on the waitlist. Rooting for you!
chirpyCHRPE
Full Member
Same. The established DO school I got into gave me a nice scholarship but I turned it down for RFU. It’ll be worth it one day 🤞🏽I received my financial aid package! It’s 100% loans 🥲 100k to be exact
Curious2001
Full Member
For any current RFU Students, could you please share what happens if you fail exams/classes? Is there a remediation policy? If so, what are the limits for remediation (ex, 1 class per quarter)?
PoppyLemon
New Member
Chicago Medical School has a separate committee that makes scholarship decisions. That gets sent to us around mid June and onward, so there’s still hope for a scholarship potentially
is there anything we have to do or apply for or do they just base it off of our financial statusChicago Medical School has a separate committee that makes scholarship decisions. That gets sent to us around mid June and onward, so there’s still hope for a scholarship potentially
during admitted student week they said scholarships were need based and they review our FAFSA and AMCAS SES status to make the determinationis there anything we have to do or apply for or do they just base it off of our financial status
lawnmower101
Full Member
Withdrawing my WL position, hope it bumps one of you up!
butternoodle
Full Member
just declined my A… hopefully it goes to one of y’all! best of luck 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
life_in_a_nutshell
Full Member
isn't it like today? someone pls correct me if I'm wrongDoes anyone know when we have to CTE for CMS?
I got an email saying we have to by July 7thisn't it like today? someone pls correct me if I'm wrong
chillstill
Full Member
OOS rejection 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K