2024-2025 Creighton

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for anyone checking, the invite wasn't in the check status page, it was on the "Applications" tab. i didn't see mine at first!
That's awesome!! Congrats future doctor!! If you don't mind my asking ... When was your interview? I'm trying to gauge what time frame they're looking at now. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone could provide some insights to how they structured their “why Creighton” interview question that would be great 😭 like I love many things abt Creighton but idk how many aspects I should focus on
 
Has anyone who's gotten accepted and paid the deposit gotten a confirmation email? I think in the form on our secondary portal it says we would receive an email when they verify receipt of the required things. I did everything on 11/4 and still haven't gotten confirmation. Thanks!
 
Has anyone who's gotten accepted and paid the deposit gotten a confirmation email? I think in the form on our secondary portal it says we would receive an email when they verify receipt of the required things. I did everything on 11/4 and still haven't gotten confirmation. Thanks!
Yes I paid the deposit yesterday and received the confirmation email today
 
What were your stats if you don’t mind?
I guess I'm a non-traditional student at this point(?), so I'm not sure how helpful I'll be.

Graduated from a highly respected university in 2021, worked for 2 years in clinical care before transitioning to private tutoring. ~4.5k clinical hours, 2-3k education, 3.90 GPA, 517/520 MCAT (520 expired), one publication (4th name) with one (4th name) pending, and volunteering through education, hospital, coaching, and soup kitchen accumulating to 800ish hours.

I suspect my weaknesses were (1) not a huge quantity of community service directly serving vulnerable populations and (2) not explicitly mentioning Jesuit values during my interview. I talked about the skills/values/lessons, but didn't use the words.
 
I guess I'm a non-traditional student at this point(?), so I'm not sure how helpful I'll be.

Graduated from a highly respected university in 2021, worked for 2 years in clinical care before transitioning to private tutoring. ~4.5k clinical hours, 2-3k education, 3.90 GPA, 517/520 MCAT (520 expired), one publication (4th name) with one (4th name) pending, and volunteering through education, hospital, coaching, and soup kitchen accumulating to 800ish hours.

I suspect my weaknesses were (1) not a huge quantity of community service directly serving vulnerable populations and (2) not explicitly mentioning Jesuit values during my interview. I talked about the skills/values/lessons, but didn't use the words.
I also did not mention Jesuit values in my interviews specifically 😭😭😭😭 am I cooked
 
I really don’t think anyone’s cooked for Creighton if you have an ii. Idk where I heard but yield is around 50% so they admit like at least 500 and less than 1000 are interviewed? Those are pretty good post ii odds. I suspect there’s a lot of waitlist movement too. I wish I remember what they said in the info session lol but they mention these numbers
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really don’t think anyone’s cooked for Creighton if you have an ii. Idk where I heard but yield is around 50% so they admit like at least 500 and less than 1000 are interviewed? Those are pretty good post ii odds. I suspect there’s a lot of waitlist movement too. I wish I remember what they said in the info session lol but they mention these numbers
they said they took 80 off waitlist last year during interview, so if they matriculate 250 does that mean they accept +/- 330ish?