You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Loyola (Stritch)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
pre or post II?Any one received continued consideration recently?
ranbir2024
Full Member
Post IIpre or post II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did- post IIAny one received continued consideration recently?
ranbir2024
Full Member
How many weeks after the interview did you receive it? I have not heard anything so not sure what that means.I did- post II
ranbir2024
Full Member
Anyone?How many weeks after the interview did you receive it? I have not heard anything so not sure what that means.
I interviewed mid September and got CC earlier this week.Anyone?
ranbir2024
Full Member
Sorry, mine says application is ready. Do you know when yours changed to ready for review?Wait where does it say under review? Mine says ready for review in the status tab
does anyone have any interview tips?
does anyone have any interview tips?
Chillest interview ever, just be yourself seriously. If you know how to hold a conversation, you’ll do great. They really want to get to know you and are so laid back. I loved this interview so much and I was really sold on the school after
ranbir2024
Full Member
Post interview silence. Is that a silent rejection?
Same question but for OOS (unless theres no difference)?When should we start getting nervous/losing hope for an interview...
neuroticpremed2022
Full Member
Agreed for ISWhen should we start getting nervous/losing hope for an interview...
its been crickets- I submitted in July
ranbir2024
Full Member
Any acceptances this week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
marlborolucky
Full Member
anyone from delayed decision heard anything? or know when we are supposed to hear back?
ranbir2024
Full Member
What is delayed decision?anyone from delayed decision heard anything? or know when we are supposed to hear back?
marlborolucky
Full Member
Once final feedback is recorded about candidates from all parallel committees, files are organized for review with the Executive Admissions Committee (EAC). This review is not to second guess the work of the parallel committees, but rather to meter the rate at which final acceptances are given. The EAC meets twice monthly to consider files that meet a necessary threshold of scores and ratify them as either ‘accepted’ or as ‘continued consideration. ’Accepted applicants are contacted and offered a seat in the class. Continued consideration files have not been rejected but could possibly be considered again at subsequent EAC meetings. https://ssom.luc.edu/media/stritchs.../2021CommitteeOnAdmissionsHandbookCycleV3.pdfWhat is delayed decision?
ranbir2024
Full Member
Do you know when the EAC meets?Once final feedback is recorded about candidates from all parallel committees, files are organized for review with the Executive Admissions Committee (EAC). This review is not to second guess the work of the parallel committees, but rather to meter the rate at which final acceptances are given. The EAC meets twice monthly to consider files that meet a necessary threshold of scores and ratify them as either ‘accepted’ or as ‘continued consideration. ’Accepted applicants are contacted and offered a seat in the class. Continued consideration files have not been rejected but could possibly be considered again at subsequent EAC meetings. https://ssom.luc.edu/media/stritchschoolofmedicine/pdfs/2021/2021CommitteeOnAdmissionsHandbookCycleV3.pdf
marlborolucky
Full Member
no 🙁Do you know when the EAC meets?
When did you interview?no 🙁
marlborolucky
Full Member
in augustWhen did you interview?
So is delayed decision just a continued consideration?in august
marlborolucky
Full Member
yea they're the same thingSo is delayed decision just a continued consideration?
ranbir2024
Full Member
Did you receive a continued consideration email? I have not received anything, what does that mean?in august
marlborolucky
Full Member
i got an email and it's in my portalDid you receive a continued consideration email? I have not received anything, what does that mean?
Congrats!! When were you complete ?+1 IS II !!
8/15!Congrats!! When were you complete ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I was invited to interview in July, there were 3 virtual options and one in-person for Aug. I would imagine if you don't see any options for in-person they are all full.People who already interviewed... were you able to see in person interview dates right away? Cuz on my portal I only see virtual dates. Should I just wait till something changes?
rave-rebel
Full Member
+1 OOS II just now!!! Complete on 10/5.
rave-rebel
Full Member
Question: first in person interview is in January. Would you recommend doing that or taking a virtual interview in December?+1 OOS II just now!!! Complete on 10/5.
If you live close enough, do the in-person (if travel is cheap). Otherwise you're not at a disadvantage if you do virtual.Question: first in person interview is in January. Would you recommend doing that or taking a virtual interview in December?
Nobody knows how they review applications. You could check past years' threads to see if people with later complete dates got them. I would guess they have many interviews left to send.does this school review apps chronologically? I submitted in end of July and am in-state. Or are there other in-state people that have yet to hear around that complete date? they could be doing them later
kitchencabbage
Full Member
OOS II ! complete 8/18
Sisyphus's Rock
Full Member
+1 OOS II, Completed 9/25, LM 77
Surprised I got this on a Saturday, but by no means am I complaining. Excited to see what the school has to offer because I love Chicago, and hoping the rest of you guys get interviews 🙏
Surprised I got this on a Saturday, but by no means am I complaining. Excited to see what the school has to offer because I love Chicago, and hoping the rest of you guys get interviews 🙏
ranbir2024
Full Member
how many of you have not heard back post II, no CC either?
And those who received CC how many weeks post II did you receive it?
Anyone taken of the CC list?
And those who received CC how many weeks post II did you receive it?
Anyone taken of the CC list?
zigzagzinger
Full Member
OOS A!!! Got the call at 3:14pm EST. Interviewed 10/31!
ranbir2024
Full Member
Congrats! Can you share your LM score.OOS A!!! Got the call at 3:14pm EST. Interviewed 10/31!
zigzagzinger
Full Member
72.6Congrats! Can you share your LM score.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1177888
Me too Hopefully we hear soonMy app has been complete since 9/16 but its been silent, so I just sent out a application update. I hope I get a response 😀
Can anyone give me some insight on how their virtual interview experience was, the format, and what to expect? 😢