You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS secondary just received
Just received secondary right now.Anyone else still waiting to receive the secondary
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1194381
+1 OOS man i got it so late
The vast majority have not received a Mayo secondary yet. You're still among the early ones.+1 OOS man i got it so late
100%Does anyone think geography is a sufficient reason for selecting a specific track? Like saying I want to be near family and stuff
bigsteppa3000
New Member
For the first prompt, did y'all use the full 500 words or follow them when they said a "few" sentences? Trying to save myself from some more secondary burnout but I figure its probably the former...
I used a majority of the word count for "why us" and then a few sentences for which track I was interested in. You should use most of the word count here IMO there is a lot to love about their program and they want students who are enthusiastic about attending Mayo.For the first prompt, did y'all use the full 500 words or follow them when they said a "few" sentences? Trying to save myself from some more secondary burnout but I figure its probably the former...
Per MSAR they only screen for a 508 MCAT, no GPA screen.Does anyone know what the school screens for and approximately how many secondaries they send out per cycle?
electricalspray
Full Member
How were others' interpretations of a diverse learning environment? I had one potential essay about global development work and another about research. I'm not sure which is more appropriate.
I wrote about like diverse learning experiences I think. So I did my familial experiences, queer identity, and then research experience. Tied it back to the "relationships with others" piece for most of it.How were others' interpretations of a diverse learning environment? I had one potential essay about global development work and another about research. I'm not sure which is more appropriate.
robot_soup
Full Member
What is everyone putting for the "Please tell us in a few sentences why you are interested in the top choice track you indicated?" part?
All of Mayo's programs are stacked in terms of their resources, so I'm having a tough time in my essay being able to articulate why one over the other...
All of Mayo's programs are stacked in terms of their resources, so I'm having a tough time in my essay being able to articulate why one over the other...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lean.idler
Full Member
why notbruh don't say that
If I remember the post, I think your reasons should be more specific to the campus, rather than what the city can bring to u. Maybe focus on only selectives you can get at Minnesota or Arizona... or talk about patient population if your goals align with the specific needs of Minnesota or Arizona. stuff like that. The more specific you get the more convincing the essay
lean.idler
Full Member
I see. I deleted because of the cringe lolIf I remember the post, I think your reasons should be more specific to the campus, rather than what the city can bring to u. Maybe focus on only selectives you can get at Minnesota or Arizona... or talk about patient population if your goals align with the specific needs of Minnesota or Arizona. stuff like that. The more specific you get the more convincing the essay
robot_soup
Full Member
I found some differences in the track I chose over the others that related to my goals! 🙂
But if those differences aren’t majorly important to you, and considering Mayo seems to really emphasize the equivalent curricula and opportunities at each campus, including being able to rotate at the others, what is really wrong with focusing in on the city or other elements? Med schools love to talk about students’ mental health, maybe a certain location is better for that than another.If I remember the post, I think your reasons should be more specific to the campus, rather than what the city can bring to u. Maybe focus on only selectives you can get at Minnesota or Arizona... or talk about patient population if your goals align with the specific needs of Minnesota or Arizona. stuff like that. The more specific you get the more convincing the essay
scientistabc
Full Member
2. Each of us relates to others through characteristics that make up our individual diversity.
Tell us how your diversity is reflected not only in your personal and professional activities but also in your relationships with others, particularly in diverse learning environments. (500 words or less)
For this question, is it okay to discuss diverse learning environments that are part of the personal and professional activities? I don't get what else we can talk about.
Tell us how your diversity is reflected not only in your personal and professional activities but also in your relationships with others, particularly in diverse learning environments. (500 words or less)
For this question, is it okay to discuss diverse learning environments that are part of the personal and professional activities? I don't get what else we can talk about.
cubsandhawks
Full Member
What’s the 10th percentile of their stats? Can’t seem to see it on MSARYou won’t get an interview if you don’t apply. If you feel like you fit the schools mission and are in at least the 10th percentile in stats then I would go for it
513 MCAT, 3.69 cGPA, 3.65 sGPAWhat’s the 10th percentile of their stats? Can’t seem to see it on MSAR
banananabread
Full Member
how long did it take y'all to get the secondary after you sent them your verified primary? added them to my verified primary like a week ago and still haven't heard anything
I was verified on 7/9 and received the secondary on 7/11 I believe.how long did it take y'all to get the secondary after you sent them your verified primary? added them to my verified primary like a week ago and still haven't heard anything
banananabread
Full Member
hmm do they screen with anything beyond mcat? i have mcat>508 so i'm not sure why i haven't received one yetI was verified on 7/9 and received the secondary on 7/11 I believe.
How long did it take for peoples' LORs to appear as "Received" on the status page of the secondary portal? My school uploaded my letter packet early this morning but it's still marked as "Not received". Does the admissions office have to manually change the status?
To my knowledge, the 508 mcat is the only screening measure. I think you should receive a secondary assuming your GPA isn't abysmal. Give it a bit more time and then reach out to admissions via email.hmm do they screen with anything beyond mcat? i have mcat>508 so i'm not sure why i haven't received one yet
bold-and-brash-
Full Member
OOS II for the MN/FL track today! LM 78, submitted 7/11
+1: LM also 78, submitted 7/25. Oct. 3rd starts the interview process.OOS II for the MN/FL track today! LM 78, submitted 7/11
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1197021
For FL/MN?+1: LM also 78, submitted 7/25. Oct. 3rd starts the interview process.
II for AZ! complete mid july (AZ was my first choice campus lol)
editing to say I'm an idiot bc there is a separate az thread oops. hope I can read come interview day lmfao
editing to say I'm an idiot bc there is a separate az thread oops. hope I can read come interview day lmfao
Last edited:
OOS II for MN only. Complete 8/8.
Last edited:
cookiepearwatermelon
Full Member
OOS II for MN! LM 79 complete 7/11
OOS II for MN!!! LM 80, complete 7/11
bold-and-brash-
Full Member
The macrophage, the myth, the legendOOS II for MN!!! LM 80, complete 7/11
II this morning, complete 7/11
II this morning, complete 7/11
MN campus
Two in one day! You dropped this: 👑II this morning, complete 7/11
Two in one day! You dropped this: [emoji146]
Trying to live up to the example of the #UMichMonday GOAT 😛
Significant_Storm240
Full Member
Is it too late to apply here at this point? OOS, ORM, LM 75.5
Definitely not, you should go for it.Is it too late to apply here at this point? OOS, ORM, LM 75.5
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doggydog210
Full Member
OOS II today!! LM 78 Submitted 7/22
D
deleted1116227
+1 OOS II! Submitted mid-August! LM ~79
+1 OOS II, submitted 8/24! (they move crazy fast!)
EDIT sorry, this was Arizona campus!
EDIT sorry, this was Arizona campus!
Last edited:
4.0 GPA and 522 MCAT, graduated in 2022, this is my first time applying to medical school 🙂congrats!! can i ask your LM/stats?
EDIT sorry, this was Arizona campus!
Last edited:
banananabread
Full Member
+1 oos II, submitted 8/15!