mangoesareinmyhead
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent a letter of interest about a week ago, finances is a major factor I need to consider so would be hesitant about a LOIđHave you sent a LO interest or LO intent?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I sent a letter of interest about a week ago, finances is a major factor I need to consider so would be hesitant about a LOIđHave you sent a LO interest or LO intent?
That's my expectation. Has held true for virtually everyone in past years.As I'm checking cycletrack, I'm realizing that there is probably 0 chance of getting an interview off of the hold list at this point, is that fair to assume? I know people are like "it's not over until you get the rejection email" but i mean let's be honest with ourselves here, I should probs just expect the reject, correct?
yep scared the hell out of me lolDid everyone get the scholarship application that was sent today?
I never got anything. Is that something schools usually do? I would expect that to be more of an acceptance thing.For those who interviewed, did Mayo send any swag before the interview? I never received anything but it could be because I was a bit late at changing my mailing address and I think if they did send anything, it would have gotten sent to whoever was living at the apartment I moved out of Lol.
A few have been reported but I definitely expected a lot more hahaHave people been getting highly ranked emails?
Many people got first round acceptances with only interest letters last year. I think in general applicant interest matters more for the alternate list.can you get accepted with just a LOInterest (not intent)? seems Mayo really values interest
Just received a generic email from Mayo encouraging submission of some kind of interest/intent letter. Not a highly ranked email, I don't think. I absolutely love this school but am hesitant to send a LOIntent given other options. Does anyone know if one is at a large disadvantage if we only send a LOInterest?
can you get accepted with just a LOInterest (not intent)? seems Mayo really values interest
To add to this, in my session earlier this week they made a point that they view letters of intent and letters of interest pretty much equal in the first round of acceptances, but not equally if youâre on the waitlist.
Yeah I ended up just writing "none"Anyone else having an issue with the scholarship application? The middle name field is required butâŚI donât have one. I emailed but havenât heard back.
I did that once for a library card applications and they literally put âN/Aâ as the middle name so I was scared of that. Literally had to use my husbandâs name to sign up for my water bill last year because of this issue. SighâŚYeah I ended up just writing "none"
Hopefully that's ok haha
I received the same email. Mayo FL is my top choice. Is there value in sending a LOIntent and promising to withdraw from all other applications if accepted? Interviewed 10/3/24.Just received a generic email from Mayo encouraging submission of some kind of interest/intent letter. Not a highly ranked email, I don't think. I absolutely love this school but am hesitant to send a LOIntent given other options. Does anyone know if one is at a large disadvantage if we only send a LOInterest?
I received the same email. Mayo FL is my top choice. Is there value in sending a LOIntent and promising to withdraw from all other applications if accepted? Interviewed 10/3/24.
Thank you. Yes, I am 100% sure that it would be Mayo in FLA, if accepted.If you know mayo is your top school and you would go here if accepted 100%, then yeah put all your cards on the table
I didn't - if you're okay sharing, what was it about? It might've been a highly ranked email!anyone receive a personalized email from someone at Mayo admissions? unsure what to make of it
I got one from my interviewer but havenât sent interest letter yet?anyone receive a personalized email from someone at Mayo admissions? unsure what to make of it
@avotoast In your interest letter did you specifically mention that Mayo is among your top three? Also, did you keep it purely an interest letter or did you add updates along with it?i think it was moreso a confirmation of receiving my interest letter. they basically said that they can help answer any questions and to keep Mayo top of mind
I sent a letter of intent, plus updates. We'll see what happens...i said "one of my top choices" but i think top 3 works too, included some updates too
Yes, the med students I talked to encouraged to send some sort of letter, but some of them got in without sending anything.can you get accepted with just a LOInterest (not intent)? seems Mayo really values interest
I also received one, but sent in an interest letter. Not sure if its the "highly ranked" email thats been mentioned... Don't want to get my hopes up just for it to get crushed in a monthđ§ââď¸I got one from my interviewer but havenât sent interest letter yet?
For the highly ranked email, they will be explicit about it: âIâm letting you know that you were very highly ranked at our admissions committee meetingâ (thatâs what my physician interviewer wrote to me)I also received one, but sent in an interest letter. Not sure if its the "highly ranked" email thats been mentioned... Don't want to get my hopes up just for it to get crushed in a monthđ§ââď¸
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.