You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PMauw
Full Member
+1, pretty sure the score wasn't high. I absolutely fumbled my interview.Just got an email that the admissions committee has determined my score, no mention of being highly scored. End of October interview
TheHelper74
Full Member
I believe the score determined emails are separate from the highly ranked emails. It appears that everyone receives the first but not the second. Was not able to get a good feel for the timing of highly ranked emails from last year’s threads, and it seems that the different campuses differ a little in their timing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1116227
Has anyone else received a highly ranked email?
BrickLayer
Full Member
+1 OOS II - Minnesota/Florida Track !!!!
doctornugget
Full Member
+1 OOS II! Florida track (I’m assuming with MN?) Shocked because I was complete 10/31
What timeline do you guys think we should submit letter interest/intent? Do you think it would be better to do this before we're scored, or closer to decision date maybe end of December or Mid January?
I think I remember them saying at the info session that they like them in December (and I think they said they would even reach out telling us to send them)
This was an amazing interview experience and made this my #1 choice for school; I did not feel like this was a stress test at all, and LOVED learning about the Mayo culture. They matched me really well with interviewers, and I cannot wait to send this school an LOI!!! (I interviewed MN/FL!!)
Just received an email saying my interview from last week has been scored. 🙏🙏
solarflare1230
Full Member
is it unlikely to get accepted if I did not receive a “highly ranked” email?
Many more of those are going to be rolled out over the coming weeksis it unlikely to get accepted if I did not receive a “highly ranked” email?
So are the “highly ranked” emails separate from the general “your score has been determined” emails? Or do high ranked applicants just received one email that says you’re high ranked? Can someone please confirm?
TheHelper74
Full Member
[mention]twodozendonuts [/mention] See my post on 11/7. Based on prior year threads they are separate. Everyone receives the interview scored email, but not everyone receives highly ranked email.
to add to this, some people were called instead of emailed for highly ranked. Most notifications were sent by the end of December IIRC.[mention]twodozendonuts [/mention] See my post on 11/7. Based on prior year threads they are separate. Everyone receives the interview scored email, but not everyone receives highly ranked email.
Out of curiosity, what was the time between the initial ranking email, and then the highly ranked email? Or did you only receive the highly ranked email?+1 OOS highly ranked email received!! I am beyond grateful to have gotten this email (I almost messed up my 3-hour Immunofluorescence experiment when I read the email lol)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To be honest I didn't even think twice about Mayo back after I sent in the secondary but after the interview I am stoked and over the moon that I've even got a chance of attending this school. My favorite interview of the season ever! Vibed with all the students and everyone was extremely welcoming. The interviewers were super knowledgeable and seemed to have near-memorized my entire primary and secondary prior to the interview. There were absolutely no stress-test-y interaction or questions at all! Just submitted my LOI <3
D
deleted1116227
lmao nah I had the same too, faculty was okay but student interviewer put me in an an oven and cooked mebro based on you and cassidy's comments. did I just have a uniquely trash interview day 😂
my interviewers just asked canned questions from a paper
Congrats!! How far a part did you receive the generic “your interview has been evaluated email” and the highly ranked email?+1 OOS highly ranked email received!! I am beyond grateful to have gotten this email (I almost messed up my 3-hour Immunofluorescence experiment when I read the email lol)
This hasn't been true for 4+ years. People wear street clothes during preclinical classes unless a patient is talking to the class. People dress up for clinical things (simulated patients or being in Saint Mary's/Mayo), but I frequently wear a button-down under a sweater + dress pants. No one has ever commented about it aside from compliments. My female classmates often wear blouses with a blazer on top.Mayo lowkey cares a lot about dress code (they wear business professional every day in school/clinic also)
This hasn't been true for 4+ years. People wear street clothes during preclinical classes unless a patient is talking to the class. People dress up for clinical things (simulated patients or being in Saint Mary's/Mayo), but I frequently wear a button-down under a sweater + dress pants. No one has ever commented about it aside from compliments. My female classmates often wear blouses with a blazer on top.
Oops my bad! This is what the current students in the student panel Q&A thing said when I interviewed, but nice to know it can be a bit more chill than that!
YAY FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU FRIEND!!To be honest I didn't even think twice about Mayo back after I sent in the secondary but after the interview I am stoked and over the moon that I've even got a chance of attending this school. My favorite interview of the season ever! Vibed with all the students and everyone was extremely welcoming. The interviewers were super knowledgeable and seemed to have near-memorized my entire primary and secondary prior to the interview. There were absolutely no stress-test-y interaction or questions at all! Just submitted my LOI <3
I think it can be super variable from school to school. I had an absolute stress test at another school and saw people in the thread saying it was the chillest ever, very much seems like a luck of the draw with the interviewers you get!bro based on you and cassidy's comments. did I just have a uniquely trash interview day 😂
my interviewers just asked canned questions from a paper
No worries! I just wanted to make sure that people know that we're not as stuck-up as some people think. 🙂Oops my bad! This is what the current students in the student panel Q&A thing said when I interviewed, but nice to know it can be a bit more chill than that!
alehernan017
Full Member
I received the generic email in late October and the highly-ranked email in the first week of November!Congrats!! How far a part did you receive the generic “your interview has been evaluated email” and the highly ranked email?
littlemoon520
Full Member
Pre-II R this morning, submitted 7/29 oh do it hurt
TheHelper74
Full Member
[mention]alehernan017 [/mention]- Congrats on highly ranked email. What campus(es) did you interview for?
Edit: NVM - I see you interviewed for MN 4 year in early October.
Edit: NVM - I see you interviewed for MN 4 year in early October.
Last edited:
+1 OOS Pre-II R, submitted 9/27
westernblotter
Full Member
IS Pre-II R as well. Kind of disappointed. Had 4 interview invites from other schools so far so I was kind of anticipating one from this school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't but tbf I just interviewed last week!For anyone who's interviewed at Florida, have y'all received an "your interview has been evaluated email"? Just wondering cause its been three weeks since I interviewed
_m31_
Full Member
I interviewed in early October and got that email ~2 weeks later. I'm sure yours is coming soon.For anyone who's interviewed at Florida, have y'all received an "your interview has been evaluated email"? Just wondering cause its been three weeks since I interviewed
Just got my evaluated email, MN/FL interviewed early November
Only a single person across both MN and AZ threads has reported a highly ranked email! I believe they were 4-year MN track.Has anyone who interviewed for FL track received a highly ranked email or does Florida seem to not send those?
dominoes1207
Full Member
this makes me feel better lol tyOnly a single person across both MN and AZ threads has reported a highly ranked email! I believe they were 4-year MN track.
D
deleted1116227
do you guys think they are sending fewer highly ranked emails? or are people just not posting about it
Might just be sending them later this year!do you guys think they are sending fewer highly ranked emails? or are people just not posting about it
Also according to last year a lot more ppl got them in January!
do you guys think they are sending fewer highly ranked emails? or are people just not posting about it
mangoesareinmyhead
Full Member
+OOS highly ranked email received! Stunned and admittedly slightly nauseous from excitement lol, feeling so so grateful
wow that's amazing! congrats! would you mind sharing when you interviewed??+OOS highly ranked email received! Stunned and admittedly slightly nauseous from excitement lol, feeling so so grateful
mangoesareinmyhead
Full Member
thank you! I interviewed in late October. As someone who felt like I could've done better on interview day this was encouraging to receive. Will try my best to remain level-headed but this was certainly a nice surprise to get in my inbox haha🙂wow that's amazing! congrats! would you mind sharing when you interviewed??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
homersimpsonfan12
Full Member
Congrats - Which track were you?thank you! I interviewed in late October. As someone who felt like I could've done better on interview day this was encouraging to receive. Will try my best to remain level-headed but this was certainly a nice surprise to get in my inbox haha🙂
mangoesareinmyhead
Full Member
thanks! and 4-year MNCongrats - Which track were you?
Have you sent a LO interest or LO intent?thank you! I interviewed in late October. As someone who felt like I could've done better on interview day this was encouraging to receive. Will try my best to remain level-headed but this was certainly a nice surprise to get in my inbox haha🙂
D
deleted1201071
If the post interview review email just says
“We enjoyed meeting you during your interview experience! Our committee recently met to discuss your interview and determined your committee score. Your score will be taken into consideration when we make acceptances to the incoming class. Initial acceptances are made after all interviews are complete, typically in mid-February.”
Does this mean you were not highly ranked?
“We enjoyed meeting you during your interview experience! Our committee recently met to discuss your interview and determined your committee score. Your score will be taken into consideration when we make acceptances to the incoming class. Initial acceptances are made after all interviews are complete, typically in mid-February.”
Does this mean you were not highly ranked?
Just just got the same email. I think everyone gets this email. The highly ranked email comes later.If the post interview review email just says
“We enjoyed meeting you during your interview experience! Our committee recently met to discuss your interview and determined your committee score. Your score will be taken into consideration when we make acceptances to the incoming class. Initial acceptances are made after all interviews are complete, typically in mid-February.”
Does this mean you were not highly ranked?