You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Michigan State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
mlg2215
Full Member
+1 !!just got the official acceptance email
jasonbourne125
Full Member
+1 AL, I feel so bummed. Does anyone know if there is a lot of movement with this school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dazed&confused24
Full Member
+[emoji23[emoji[emoji642]44][emoji[emoji642]45]] IS A a few hours ago!
coolpandas
New Member
Alternate interviewed 9/13
PurpleOstrich34
Full Member
does anyone know how the alternate list will work? When will they start accepting people off of it?
Check the forum from last yeardoes anyone know how the alternate list will work? When will they start accepting people off of it?
premed2025cycle
New Member
IS LM 70 AL yesterday 🙁
When did you interview?IS LM 70 AL yesterday 🙁
IS pre-II R 🥲 submitted 8/13
D
deleted1194381
OOS pre II R 🙁
Does anyone know if the acceptance is binding? I'm waiting to hear back from more schools but the acceptance email made it sound like accepting + paying deposit was binding?
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
"Your deposit will be returned if you withdraw by April 30, 2025"Does anyone know if the acceptance is binding? I'm waiting to hear back from more schools but the acceptance email made it sound like accepting + paying deposit was binding?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MCDC MD
New Member
nope, not bindingDoes anyone know if the acceptance is binding? I'm waiting to hear back from more schools but the acceptance email made it sound like accepting + paying deposit was binding?
hermoninny
Full Member
I had my interview recently and I’m so worried I bombed 2 MMI stations 🥲 they said decisions take about 6 weeks to come out, this is going to be a long wait. Really hoping I’m just being an intense critic and that I didn’t do as bad as I thought. This process is tough.
Don’t stress Hermoninny. One of the reasons they do MMI is so that if you struggle on some stations you can brush it off, and do better on the others. Have confidence I’m sure you did great! You’ve made it past the hardest parts of this cycle now and you should be proud of yourself at this point.I had my interview recently and I’m so worried I bombed 2 MMI stations 🥲 they said decisions take about 6 weeks to come out, this is going to be a long wait. Really hoping I’m just being an intense critic and that I didn’t do as bad as I thought. This process is tough.
premed3987
New Member
Do they pull from the waitlist continuously throughout the cycle, or do they wait until like April to take from the waitlist?
hermoninny
Full Member
Don’t stress Hermoninny. One of the reasons they do MMI is so that if you struggle on some stations you can brush it off, and do better on the others. Have confidence I’m sure you did great! You’ve made it past the hardest parts of this cycle now and you should be proud of yourself at this point.
Thank you very much postey10! I really appreciate it. Good luck to you as well
Congrats!!! Did they send it today? lol+1 OOS II
And the neurotic but expected - completion date?
hermoninny
Full Member
Omg this is so awesome to hear! Congratulations everyone and hopefully late October interviewees hear back this fast
Really keeping my fingers crossed! This wait is terrible lolOmg this is so awesome to hear! Congratulations everyone and hopefully late October interviewees hear back this fast
hermoninny
Full Member
Really keeping my fingers crossed! This wait is terrible lol
I knowwww [emoji30] especially with how I keep going over my responses and wondering how I could’ve worded them better. I’ve been trying to keep my mind off of it so I’m going on walks and tackling my reading list. Praying for us all to hear good news soon
annonymous1234567654322
New Member
IS A on 10/28, II on 10/8. MSU undergrad LM 66
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
annonymous1234567654322
New Member
Is there an admitted students group me or group?
hermoninny
Full Member
IS A on 10/28, II on 10/8. MSU undergrad LM 66
Congratulations future MD!!
arceus2000
Full Member
IS A, interviewed 10/8
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
Yeah mine was a PDF attachment at the end of the email, just going over deadlines and datesFor anyone who has received the acceptance email, can you see the acceptance protocol attachment? They mention it in the email and also in the portal as an attachment to the email but I don't see anything. Just want to make sure I haven't missed it.
annonymous1234567654322
New Member
Hi this might be a stupid question but this is my first MD A and my DO As were different. My letter says I’m conditionally accepted until a background
Check is complete, after that they will formally
Offer or rescind the acceptance. I’ve got no criminal background but it says the checks are completed in January which is after my other schools deadline to reserve a seat. I guess my question is, does everyone get accepted on a condition basis? And when my background check comes back clear will I for sure be accepted or could they change their mind or smth. Like
I said sorry if this is a stupid question I’m just super excited abt going to MSU CHM but scared for some reason they’re gonna take it away from me
Lolll.
Check is complete, after that they will formally
Offer or rescind the acceptance. I’ve got no criminal background but it says the checks are completed in January which is after my other schools deadline to reserve a seat. I guess my question is, does everyone get accepted on a condition basis? And when my background check comes back clear will I for sure be accepted or could they change their mind or smth. Like
I said sorry if this is a stupid question I’m just super excited abt going to MSU CHM but scared for some reason they’re gonna take it away from me
Lolll.
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
I think everyone gets the conditional acceptance, and as long as you talked about anything that might come up on a background check on your app (if nothing, then nothing) then you should be fine and get the offer, it’s just a formality if you’ve already explained your pastHi this might be a stupid question but this is my first MD A and my DO As were different. My letter says I’m conditionally accepted until a background
Check is complete, after that they will formally
Offer or rescind the acceptance. I’ve got no criminal background but it says the checks are completed in January which is after my other schools deadline to reserve a seat. I guess my question is, does everyone get accepted on a condition basis? And when my background check comes back clear will I for sure be accepted or could they change their mind or smth. Like
I said sorry if this is a stupid question I’m just super excited abt going to MSU CHM but scared for some reason they’re gonna take it away from me
Lolll.
No, it was sent on Friday 10/25 and I completed 08/07, no worries I understand!Congrats!!! Did they send it today? lol
And the neurotic but expected - completion date?
melophile1234
New Member
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from 9/10 interview?
Additionally, has anyone who interviewed on 10/2 heard back yet?Is anyone still waiting to hear back from 9/10 interview?
hermoninny
Full Member
Has anyone gotten accepted recently that felt like they did mid on a few of the stations?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hermoninny
Full Member
Additionally, has anyone who interviewed on 10/2 heard back yet?
OOS A (was called on 10/21)
LM 67. Interviewed 10/2.
Yess I think some of them heard back
PurpleOstrich34
Full Member
Does anyone know if they are still keeping the April 30th date from previous cycles the same for when Alternates can hear back?
I thought they said to wait until thanksgiving?They told us during out interview that decisions would be made in 2-5 weeks and I am coming up on the 5 week mark and have not heard back.. should I reach out to admissions or could that end up making me look bad?