You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Ohio State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
wantedmd10
Full Member
I have not gotten a call or email yet but I checked the portal around 5:30 AM EST and the acceptance was there!
I am not sure if there is a GroupMe but I would love to join one!
I am not sure if there is a GroupMe but I would love to join one!
Around what time did you guys get the acceptance call or email ?
Has a GroupMe been started?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
applyingthiscycle
Full Member
MSTP A!
wantedmd10
Full Member
Is there anything we need to do post acceptance? I sent the technical standards form but is there anything else to confirm acceptance? It seems like the 25 nonrefundable is due around April.
filterfeeder54321
Full Member
deferred oct 16th IS, what are my chances realistically of getting in? anyone personally know any success stories other than what was posted previously?
Try sending a genuine update/letter of interest, which is what I did, 3-4 days later got the A! It’s def easier to write one after interview because you can mention what you learned during your interview day or even before if you spoke to a med ambassador.deferred oct 16th IS, what are my chances realistically of getting in? anyone personally know any success stories other than what was posted previously?
Not sure if it was the reason for the A, but it can only help your candidacy esp if you have a deficit in your original app and have been working to improve upon that deficit! Good luck, wishing the best for you and everyone else who is waiting for a decision 🙂
Tibial.Tuberosity
Full Member
Are most of the interview invites sent out already? Or are there more interviews in spring?
Unsure what your definition of "most" is, but if you look at cycletrack and last years thread they sent invites for interviews into March. Someone reported an invite yesterday as well. So there is definitely still time in my opinion 🙂 I also think they slow down/take a break for the holidays and pick back up with invites in January.Are most of the interview invites sent out already? Or are there more interviews in spring?
I emailed about that awhile ago, and they said no. Can only submit updates after you have been offered an interview. Good luck!
can we send pre-ii updates here?
magic_fish12
Full Member
Anyone still sitting with a "D" since oct 16?
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Anyone still sitting with a "D" since oct 16?
what’s a d? deferral?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
filterfeeder54321
Full Member
yupAnyone still sitting with a "D" since oct 16?
Congrats! Would you be willing to share when you interviewed?MSTP A!
seaofterra
Full Member
+II OOS for Community Medicine Track and the only interview day was in January (completed 2˚: 10/31)
robot_soup
Full Member
How do I send one of these? Is it through the vitals portal, because I'm not seeing a place to upload oneTry sending a genuine update/letter of interest, which is what I did, 3-4 days later got the A! It’s def easier to write one after interview because you can mention what you learned during your interview day or even before if you spoke to a med ambassador.
Not sure if it was the reason for the A, but it can only help your candidacy esp if you have a deficit in your original app and have been working to improve upon that deficit! Good luck, wishing the best for you and everyone else who is waiting for a decision 🙂
nah you gotta send it to their email: [email protected]How do I send one of these? Is it through the vitals portal, because I'm not seeing a place to upload one
also you can only send one after you get an II
robot_soup
Full Member
Thank u so much! I was deferred back in October after my interview so I'm hoping one will help seal the deal like it did for u 🙂nah you gotta send it to their email: [email protected]
also you can only send one after you get an II
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
what’s their post-II A rate? freaking out for friday lol
PMauw
Full Member
what’s their post-II A rate? freaking out for friday lol
From left to right: Applications, Interviews, Acceptances. Taken from Admit.org.
It's a pretty damn high post-II acceptance rate.
VINILOVER123
Full Member
That sounds like the defferals may turn to aceptantes than.[emoji120]
newacc20486
Full Member
IS II for the Community Medicine Track today!!! Over the moon!!!
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Tomorrow.....😳![]()
i’m literally not sleeping tonight
VINILOVER123
Full Member
OOS acceptance letts goooo
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
OOS deferred as well. 12/2 interview
there seems to be a lot of movement here at least. see you guys in late january when they release their next wave [emoji37]
there seems to be a lot of movement here at least. see you guys in late january when they release their next wave [emoji37]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SlipperyFish
Full Member
OOS deferred for CMT, interviewed 11/4
tankmich2323
New Member
Have they sent any post-interview rejections? It seems like everyone is either accepted or deferred at this stage.
SeaMonster
Full Member
Go based off whatever it says in your portal. Its possible that they may just be busyNo interview call yet, does this mean, its off now ?
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
holiday message from Dr. Rankin even tho i’m deferred. rlly like this school man [emoji24]
SeaMonster
Full Member
The interviews are super chill! Practice with questions you see on the OSU interview feedback page on SDN and of course be sure you know your application well. Most interviewers are just looking to have a converation and see how you fit!anyone have any insights on how the interview went? this is my first II (I applied p late) and super nervous as this is my #1 school...
alhamdullilahforeverythin
Full Member
+II OOS for Community Medicine Track. Interviewing in January!! Guys, pls pls this is my dream program. Any advice? Thanks in advance!
alhamdullilahforeverythin
Full Member
CONGRATS!! Any advice? pls pls plsJust got the call; OOS CMT A😭😭!! Interviewed 11/4
alhamdullilahforeverythin
Full Member
Can someone pls explain what is deferment?
Not accepted yet but not rejected. I was on defer for about 2 months, but it can vary for each person I think.Can someone pls explain what is deferment?
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Not accepted yet but not rejected. I was on defer for about 2 months, but it can vary for each person I think.
did u send any updates or anything to get off deferral
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope, just got a call one morning.did u send any updates or anything to get off deferral
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Has anyone gotten an interview invite recently? I'm still holding out hope, but I know it's getting late in the cycle. LM of 74 IS applicant
it’s not late for them since they interview till march!
D
deleted1203416
How long does it usually take for a decision to be made after the interview? Wasn't sure where to look to find this information so wanted to ask here?
Also, I heard someone say that Ohio State has a 65% Post-II acceptance rate? That seems quite high
Also, I heard someone say that Ohio State has a 65% Post-II acceptance rate? That seems quite high
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
How long does it usually take for a decision to be made after the interview? Wasn't sure where to look to find this information so wanted to ask here?
Also, I heard someone say that Ohio State has a 65% Post-II acceptance rate? That seems quite high
they tell u the exact date that you’ll hear back at your interview, very organized school