You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Ohio State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
prayinforanA
Full Member
doesn't the package give you the result date? I got excited to get that in the mail but then got deferred :/Did yall also get a package in the mail from Ohio State with a booklet and pen? I interviewed 3 weeks ago, but have not heard back with a post-interview decision
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
doesn't the package give you the result date? I got excited to get that in the mail but then got deferred :/
same mine came the day after i got deferred [emoji3517]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
prayinforanA
Full Member
yes identical thank you note (im not community medicine track). Also had a postcard that said Check your VITALS portal and has a sticker with the expected decision date (Oct 16)I applied for the Community Medicine Track and they gave me no info on anything at the interview or after. The package didn't include a result date and just said had a pen, stickers, and a pamphlet/booklet about Ohio State Med. They also included a printed Thank You Note from Associate Dean of Admissions Dr. Rankin, that stated:
"THANK YOU!
I would like to extend my warmest appreciation for having the opportunity to meet with you on your interview day. It was simply wonderful to gain some insight into who you are as a person and I am excited about the potential that you could add as a medical student. It is my sincere hope that The Ohio State University College of Medicine will be instrumental in your medical pursuits."
Was this the same things you guys got? They postmarked this package 10 days after I interviewed
SlipperyFish
Full Member
When I interviewed for CMT I got the same thing as you. They sent me a date for when they would let me know the result. Long story short, the date they gave me was the wrong date. However what I will say is that I got my result roughly a month after my interview. It’ll come on a Friday no matter what though. It also will update on vitals early in the morningI applied for the Community Medicine Track and they gave me no info on anything at the interview or after. The package didn't include a result date and just said had a pen, stickers, and a pamphlet/booklet about Ohio State Med. They also included a printed Thank You Note from Associate Dean of Admissions Dr. Rankin, that stated:
"THANK YOU!
I would like to extend my warmest appreciation for having the opportunity to meet with you on your interview day. It was simply wonderful to gain some insight into who you are as a person and I am excited about the potential that you could add as a medical student. It is my sincere hope that The Ohio State University College of Medicine will be instrumental in your medical pursuits."
Was this the same things you guys got? They postmarked this package 10 days after I interviewed
Yeah, I didn’t get an expected date for CMT in my packet either. Decision came about 5 weeks post interviewI applied for the Community Medicine Track and they gave me no info on anything at the interview or after. The package didn't include a result date and just said had a pen, stickers, and a pamphlet/booklet about Ohio State Med. They also included a printed Thank You Note from Associate Dean of Admissions Dr. Rankin, that stated:
"THANK YOU!
I would like to extend my warmest appreciation for having the opportunity to meet with you on your interview day. It was simply wonderful to gain some insight into who you are as a person and I am excited about the potential that you could add as a medical student. It is my sincere hope that The Ohio State University College of Medicine will be instrumental in your medical pursuits."
Was this the same things you guys got? They postmarked this package 10 days after I interviewed
Guessing if I don’t have an II yet I should assume I’m not getting one? LM~80 OOS. No other interviews haha
Early like … 7am - 8am EST?😭😭When I interviewed for CMT I got the same thing as you. They sent me a date for when they would let me know the result. Long story short, the date they gave me was the wrong date. However what I will say is that I got my result roughly a month after my interview. It’ll come on a Friday no matter what though. It also will update on vitals early in the morning
magic_fish12
Full Member
From D->A, portal update this morning at 8:30am
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
From D->A, portal update this morning at 8:30am
yay! did u send any updates
magic_fish12
Full Member
No updatesyay! did u send any updates
prayinforanA
Full Member
+1 IS A this AM! (deferred October) happiest day of my life Alhamdulillah. so so grateful
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
congrats everyone! see you guys again in 2 weeks [emoji28]
stinkygirl203
Full Member
Are you IS or OOS?Checked the portal at 650 this morning +1 A alhamdulilaah😫❤️ praying the rest of y’all get As @ ur top choice
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
in state ! v strong ties as wellAre you IS or OOS?
Anonymous987654321
Full Member
1/31 deferral... rip. I know the deferrals become a waitlist on April 30th and every 2 weeks is another shot at getting off (so 3 chances left), but does anyone know the realistic likelihood of gettin an A now? Are deferrals considered priority-waitlists when it becomes the waitlist? Looks like MSAR had 100/250-300 ppl get off of it last year. Hopefully since interviews are winding down, they move faster cause I really don't want to wait months.
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
1/31 deferral... rip. I know the deferrals become a waitlist on April 30th and every 2 weeks is another shot at getting off (so 3 chances left), but does anyone know the realistic likelihood of gettin an A now? Are deferrals considered priority-waitlists when it becomes the waitlist? Looks like MSAR had 100/250-300 ppl get off of it last year. Hopefully since interviews are winding down, they move faster cause I really don't want to wait months.
join the club lol. all deferrals become the waitlist after 4/30. they historically have a ton of movement and i’ve heard half their class comes from the deferral list hence the 100/250 approximation. all we can do now is wait [emoji3525]
Diligent6755
New Member
Has anyone applied for the PCT track? I applied for it and did my interview on 1/6 and 1/7. I decided to randomly check my vitals portal today and it said that I was rejected from the college of medicine (but they never mentioned PCT). However, they never emailed me of this update, during my interview they said that I wouldn't hear back for the PCT track until late February, and they messed up my application (a couple of my interviewers weren't sure if I applied for the regular or PCT track). I just want to make sure that I was actually rejected and it wasn't a mistake. Is anyone in a similar boat?
MubarakChecked the portal at 650 this morning +1 A alhamdulilaah😫❤️ praying the rest of y’all get As @ ur top choice
aishahwjwodj
Full Member
for all my accepted peeps, have you done the CSS profile stuff yet? Or are we supposed to wait until they send us an email about financial aid stuff.
When I emailed them, they said we didn’t need to submit anything else for College of Medicine Scholarships. Need based scholarships require FAFSA. You can also apply to the regular OSU Scholarships, they are available for med students as well on the ScholarshipUniverse portal.for all my accepted peeps, have you done the CSS profile stuff yet? Or are we supposed to wait until they send us an email about financial aid stuff.
so we don't have to fill out CSS? I don't see it anywhere on their financial aid website - it only says to fill out FAFSA for need based aidWhen I emailed them, they said we didn’t need to submit anything else for College of Medicine Scholarships. Need based scholarships require FAFSA. You can also apply to the regular OSU Scholarships, they are available for med students as well on the ScholarshipUniverse portal.
It doesn't look like it as far as I know. If someone else wants to email them just to double confirm that would be great to be honest.so we don't have to fill out CSS? I don't see it anywhere on their financial aid website - it only says to fill out FAFSA for need based aid
cinnamoroll686
Full Member
II just now!! Does anyone know if an interview late in March is mostly interviewing for a waitlist position?
Know multiple people who interviewed for OSU in feb/march and got accepted.II just now!! Does anyone know if an interview late in March is mostly interviewing for a waitlist position?
cinnamoroll686
Full Member
Okay cool! Thanks for letting me knowKnow multiple people who interviewed for OSU in feb/march and got accepted.
emailed. will update!It doesn't look like it as far as I know. If someone else wants to email them just to double confirm that would be great to be honest.
Hickfromdasticks
Full Member
When did you complete your secondary?II just now!! Does anyone know if an interview late in March is mostly interviewing for a waitlist position?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cinnamoroll686
Full Member
07/24When did you complete your secondary?
GoryVirus 77
Full Member
I applied PCT and I saw on my vitals today that I was rejected too. No email or any mention of PCT. This is very sad because I thought I did well in my interview.Has anyone applied for the PCT track? I applied for it and did my interview on 1/6 and 1/7. I decided to randomly check my vitals portal today and it said that I was rejected from the college of medicine (but they never mentioned PCT). However, they never emailed me of this update, during my interview they said that I wouldn't hear back for the PCT track until late February, and they messed up my application (a couple of my interviewers weren't sure if I applied for the regular or PCT track). I just want to make sure that I was actually rejected and it wasn't a mistake. Is anyone in a similar boat?
Diligent6755
New Member
I'm sorry about this. I also felt that I did really well in my interview, and I was really excited to go here. I have no idea why I was rejected. They made it seem like they don't give out very many post-II rejections either. I was really disappointed in this school that they never bothered to email the rejection. When did you interview for PCT?I applied PCT and I saw on my vitals today that I was rejected too. No email or any mention of PCT. This is very sad because I thought I did well in my interview.
I also applied to PCT and was interviewed in October. I was deferred 2 weeks later, and that's still what my vitals says. You could maybe reach out as I find that a little odd they rejected.I'm sorry about this. I also felt that I did really well in my interview, and I was really excited to go here. I have no idea why I was rejected. They made it seem like they don't give out very many post-II rejections either. I was really disappointed in this school that they never bothered to email the rejection. When did you interview for PCT?
GoryVirus 77
Full Member
I interviewed 12/9 and 12/10. And my vitals was updated within the last week.I'm sorry about this. I also felt that I did really well in my interview, and I was really excited to go here. I have no idea why I was rejected. They made it seem like they don't give out very many post-II rejections either. I was really disappointed in this school that they never bothered to email the rejection. When did you interview for PCT?
alhamdullilahforeverythin
Full Member
I interviewed for CMT January 22 and have not heard anything back nor heard when will I hear back.. how long do they typically take for this 😭
mcdonaldsprite7
New Member
Does anyone know how to sent a letter of intent? I’ve been deferred post II since October and I’m getting nervous. This is my dream school! Thank you in advance!
prayinforanA
Full Member
you email it to [email protected]Does anyone know how to sent a letter of intent? I’ve been deferred post II since October and I’m getting nervous. This is my dream school! Thank you in advance!
SlipperyFish
Full Member
I would guess you will hear back on February 21st or 28th. It’s always on a Friday and they let you know around 1 month after your interviewI interviewed for CMT January 22 and have not heard anything back nor heard when will I hear back.. how long do they typically take for this 😭
Anonymous987654321
Full Member
From when I called and was in person, the admissions office told me they do not accept letters of intent.you email it to [email protected]
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
From when I called and was in person, the admissions office told me they do not accept letters of intent.
wait i sent one and it was accepted
They respond saying that they base their decision solely on the application and the interview. So, in effect, they ignore the letter of intent.wait i sent one and it was accepted
tinyutensils
Full Member
OOS II just now! So excited
prayinforanA
Full Member
I was accepted 1/31 and still don't see my CYMS option on my AMCAS. Anyone else have the same problem? Should I contact AMCAS to ask about it or just wait a little longer?
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
I was accepted 1/31 and still don't see my CYMS option on my AMCAS. Anyone else have the same problem? Should I contact AMCAS to ask about it or just wait a little longer?
CYMS opens next wednesday 2/19!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anonymous987654321
Full Member
Wdym by "accepted" was it the same response as @wynpalmer?wait i sent one and it was accepted
watashiwastar
Full Member
IS Deferred interviewed 1/29, portal update at 5am
enterprise3289
New Member
IS Deferred as well interviewed 2/3
D
deleted1056066
OOS A! Former Buckeye, Interviewed 02/05
icepenguin2024
Full Member
i just got an A after being deferred in October, no update letter. i think more likely to have movement compared to WLOOS Deferred.
How are deferrals perceived here?