You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 SUNY Upstate (Norton)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
premedgal444
Full Member
OOS hold. is a hold basically a rejection or do we have a chance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
southerncar
Full Member
big wave of hold today
peerless_cucumber
Full Member
I interpret it as a soft rejection usually. They already interview like 3x the class size, then they have waitlists after the interview. They only get to a hold after going through that waitlist.OOS hold. is a hold basically a rejection or do we have a chance?
I’m sure there’s a possibility but a very small one.
peerless_cucumber
Full Member
+1 Intl hold. Complete 08/27
peerless_cucumber
Full Member
Not necessarily. We wouldn’t know on here for sure but no news is kinda ‘good’ news. If they’re working in some sort of chronological order, it probably means your app is still in the running.IS complete 8/20. Still nothing from Upstate. LM 72. Is this a bad sign?
landhuman1234
Full Member
Makes sense but people complete after me seem to have gotten holds. Has this school sent out Rejections?Not necessarily. We wouldn’t know on here for sure but no news is kinda ‘good’ news. If they’re working in some sort of chronological order, it probably means your app is still in the running.
landhuman1234
Full Member
Whatre ur stats?OOS, also worried because I submitted 8/6 and it’s been silent. Are the holds coming by email? Don’t know what to think😭
southerncar
Full Member
I am 9/1, so not processing September yet
landhuman1234
Full Member
Whatee ur stats? IS or OOS?I am 9/1, so not processing September yet
NewEnglandGirl
Full Member
International hold, complete ~8/28, LM82
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
southerncar
Full Member
oos, 80.5Whatee ur stats? IS or OOS?
NagidiHarsha7
New Member
INTL Hold. Complete 08/03 LM 71
peerless_cucumber
Full Member
Not yet, at least for around the time frame we submitted. It seems like they’re in august now.Makes sense but people complete after me seem to have gotten holds. Has this school sent out Rejections?
landhuman1234
Full Member
Not looking good for us without any news then 😂😂Not yet, at least for around the time frame we submitted. It seems like they’re in august now.
landhuman1234
Full Member
One of my friends got an R (late sept) from here complete in 9/3 but he had a low MCAT. So unsure if this school screened him or if they are rejecting applicants as wellNot yet, at least for around the time frame we submitted. It seems like they’re in august now.
wallacesfrog
Full Member
+1 OOS (strong ties to NY) High Priority Alternate List (Post-II)😔
Last edited:
cheesegirlpuff
Full Member
How were people informed of their hold status?
How were people informed of their hold status?
OOS Pre-II hold complete 8/16
southerncar
Full Member
although not II, much better than a hold+1 OOS (strong ties to NY) High Priority Alternate List (Post-II)😔
wallacesfrog
Full Member
O, i already had an interview here. i meant i was put on the waitlist for acceptances.although not II, much better than a hold
cookiemonster278
Full Member
I was complete 7/24 and still nothing lol… 😭😭
golgibody787
Full Member
compete 7/23 IS and nothing 😫I was complete 7/24 and still nothing lol… 😭😭
cookiemonster278
Full Member
Also IS. Being delusional and hoping they send us II😫🙏🏻compete 7/23 IS and nothing 😫
golgibody787
Full Member
I’m manifesting this week. It seems like they haven’t sent IIs in a while and they just did a wave of holds sooo 🤞🏻Also IS. Being delusional and hoping they send us II😫🙏
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
southerncar
Full Member
hang in there, you are doing great. you will be getting off the waitlist.O, i already had an interview here. i meant i was put on the waitlist for acceptances.
wallacesfrog
Full Member
Thanks bro I appreciate it. I was originally from Syracuse, but my family had to move away for work related reasons. I've always wanted to come back ever since then.hang in there, you are doing great. you will be getting off the waitlist.
forumskeptic
Full Member
Got an “interview reminder” email last night telling me to schedule an interview, but I definitely didn’t get any emails before, so this is the first I’ve heard of it. This might’ve been like GW where they update the portal first but I haven’t been checking
I will be declining but good luck y’all!
OOS with strong ties, complete mid or late July
I will be declining but good luck y’all!OOS with strong ties, complete mid or late July
southerncar
Full Member
are you saying you already have acceptance from somewhere, so you are declining II here? if so, we'll be happy to take the spot you leaveGot an “interview reminder” email last night telling me to schedule an interview, but I definitely didn’t get any emails before, so this is the first I’ve heard of it. This might’ve been like GW where they update the portal first but I haven’t been checkingI will be declining but good luck y’all!
OOS with strong ties, complete mid or late July
forumskeptic
Full Member
Yup!are you saying you already have acceptance from somewhere, so you are declining II here? if so, we'll be happy to take the spot you leave
forumskeptic
Full Member
I forgot to add, but the earliest date I could see was 11/19.
I received my II early September and the earliest date was 11/6 so things must be moving pretty slow.I forgot to add, but the earliest date I could see was 11/19.
surelycalm
Full Member
Mine were with actual people.im confused are these interviews done with an actual person? i heard of some people getting kira talent interviews and I thought those arent with a live person?
surelycalm
Full Member
Yes.was it through kira?
VINILOVER123
Full Member
Does anyone know the date when the bulk of interviews are sent out or where to check ?
landhuman1234
Full Member
Are there still a lot of II left here?Does anyone know the date when the bulk of interviews are sent out or where to check ?
cheesegirlpuff
Full Member
Does anyone elses application portal say - Application Preference "not entered" - even though you had confirmation that your app was completed?
cookiemonster278
Full Member
Yes, the portal is really weirdDoes anyone elses application portal say - Application Preference "not entered" - even though you had confirmation that your app was completed?
I am wondering this too because there are basically 0 II at this point on in cycletrack, so I'm really confused. There is one in January so I'm thinking this is just a really lowly reported school and there were some through january that just didn't get tracked, because it would make no sense for a gap between oct and jan? But idkAre there still a lot of II left here?
docjflowers
Full Member
I am wondering this too because there are basically 0 II at this point on in cycletrack, so I'm really confused. There is one in January so I'm thinking this is just a really lowly reported school and there were some through january that just didn't get tracked, because it would make no sense for a gap between oct and jan? But idk
I interviewed in early oct and they still had around 200 II left I think I don't recall the actual number but they specifically told us we are still interviewing and that it was okay to share this info on forums so people have accurate information! Don't give up hope yet <3Are there still a lot of II left here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh that's great to know, and really nice that they shared this information! Thank you!I interviewed in early oct and they still had around 200 II left I think I don't recall the actual number but they specifically told us we are still interviewing and that it was okay to share this info on forums so people have accurate information! Don't give up hope yet <3
can anyone who already interviewed share the general format of the MMI? i think I heard there's 7 stations but how long is each? how long is the total mmi? are there rest stations? also is it all ethical scenario situations like casper or are there trad questions sprinkled in too? tysm!!!
physics_123
Full Member
7 stations. You get 2 minutes to read the prompt and take notes and then 6 minutes to answer. No rest stations/breaks in between, it goes from station to station so the total MMI went pretty fast I would say a little over an hour. The MMI stations were not necessarily restricted to standard MMI prompts.can anyone who already interviewed share the general format of the MMI? i think I heard there's 7 stations but how long is each? how long is the total mmi? are there rest stations? also is it all ethical scenario situations like casper or are there trad questions sprinkled in too? tysm!!!
thank u!! was it closed-file?7 stations. You get 2 minutes to read the prompt and take notes and then 6 minutes to answer. No rest stations/breaks in between, it goes from station to station so the total MMI went pretty fast I would say a little over an hour. The MMI stations were not necessarily restricted to standard MMI prompts.
Last edited:
Yesthank u!! was it closed-file?