You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It stands for LizzyM score, I am not super familiar with how it is calculated, but it takes into consideration your MCAT score and GPA. If you go to the "Calculators" tab, there is a link to generate your own score as well as an explanation of how the score is calculated, what it means, and how you can use it. The gist being that a higher LM score indicates a greater chance of being accepted into a medical school program post-II. It just a more cumulative way of representing your stats.What does LM mean when referring to II?
There are 9 rooms that you spend 6 min each with 1 min of transition time then another min to read the next prompt. 9x8=72 min. You will be assigned to start at either 12pm or 1:30pm.Does anyone know how long each candidate's MMI session will last? I see that there is quite a long block in the afternoon for MMIs and it seems like we will be assigned a specific time for the interview but wondering how long that session will last.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It stands for LizzyM score, I am not super familiar with how it is calculated, but it takes into consideration your MCAT score and GPA. If you go to the "Calculators" tab, there is a link to generate your own score as well as an explanation of how the score is calculated, what it means, and how you can use it. The gist being that a higher LM score indicates a greater chance of being accepted into a medical school program post-II. It just a more cumulative way of representing your stats.
LizzyM Score® Calculator | Student Doctor Network
Calculate your SDN LizzyM Score with GPA and current MCAT scaled into the original LizzyM range, compare the result with AAMC applicant outcome data, and find medical schools in the same reference band.
I am preparing for interview. So the interviews are MMI style starting 12 pm or 1:30 pm online in each room one person one evaluator, no traditional 1:1 interview, no group activity, right? Total time 9x8=72 min
You will also need to log on in the morning to hear all the information presentationsI am preparing for interview. So the interviews are MMI style starting 12 pm or 1:30 pm online in each room one person one evaluator, no traditional 1:1 interview, no group activity, right? Total time 9x8=72 min
Yeah that's right. There are also 3 hours of presentations before hand and a student panel afterwards. No traditional interviews or group activity. There's only one evaluator per room.I am preparing for interview. So the interviews are MMI style starting 12 pm or 1:30 pm online in each room one person one evaluator, no traditional 1:1 interview, no group activity, right? Total time 9x8=72 min
AppleDestroyer
Full Member
IS II today! Great start to the day 🙂
Is there anybody knowing the question samples for MMI in El Paso? I am very nervous. I just want to end the suffer. I looked through the google but it seems like they are pre-COVID on-campus interview.
The point of an MMI is to think and speak spontaneously.Is there anybody knowing the question samples for MMI in El Paso? I am very nervous. I just want to end the suffer. I looked through the google but it seems like they are pre-COVID on-campus interview.
If you have done CASPer you know how to do an MMI- it might be more natural because there is someone listening to you
IS II 7/29/24. Submitted 7/23
D
deleted1085576
+1 IS II 8/2/24. Complete 7/20
Also one question about hair style. I am a boy and have not very long hair (no beard). if I well plait my hair and keep it tidy, will this nowadays be a problem>
I know nowadays LGBTQ are popular (I just have long hair, not LGBTQ though)
I know nowadays LGBTQ are popular (I just have long hair, not LGBTQ though)
Also one question about hair style. I am a boy and have not very long hair (no beard). if I well plait my hair and keep it tidy, will this nowadays be a problem>
I know nowadays LGBTQ are popular (I just have long hair, not LGBTQ though)
What is LGBTQ hair? I don’t think your hairstyle will cause any problems as long as it doesn’t look like you just woke up
I ended up with an interview with this school and I mainly focused on just one aspect of the question which was protecting the dignity of patients.What are they asking with this prompt? Do they want us to focus on reporting ethics violations to higher ups? or can we focus on any one aspect of the question?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SoftBoiled
New Member
IS ii, LM 82 complete 7/15
IS II today, submitted my secondary 5 August
Last edited:
Some questions:
Can I take notes during interview?
Do they have a timer when I can look in MMI room?
Can I take notes during interview?
Do they have a timer when I can look in MMI room?
They never said you can’t take notes and you’re not on camera so you could I guess. You have 1 minute to read the prompt and 6 min to answerSome questions:
Can I take notes during interview?
Do they have a timer when I can look in MMI room?
Campus tour next week, any tips, anything I need to pay attention to?
Did you reach out for a campus tour? Or was there an email they sent out?Campus tour next week, any tips, anything I need to pay attention to?
D
deleted1085576
they sent an email to all to applicants who had already interviewedDid you reach out for a campus tour? Or was there an email they sent out?
How long after your interview did they send an email?they sent an email to all to applicants who had already interviewed
D
deleted1085576
around 6pm on interview dayHow long after your interview did they send an email?
Mine was sent 5 days after
Mine is 7 days after, maybe they send email according to the internal ranking for pre-match?(This is why they invite to allure candidates to them) Oatmeal looks like the best guy with 525/4.0around 6pm on interview day
Last edited:
Well I’ll get mine in 3 weeks cause my stats ain’t close to thatMine is 7 days after, maybe they send email according to the internal ranking for pre-match?(This is why they invite to allure candidates to them) Oatmeal looks like the best guy with 525/4.0
I think they send out interview based on LM. By now you should hear something with such a high LM. I am the same 08/20 interview got email exactly on 08/27. OK don't think too much. It's what it is. Mine 72.3@gundelfingen What day was your interview? I know someone who interviewed 8/20 I think and they got the tour email 8/27 I believe. Hoping for my own sake it's not related to ranking bc I didn't get mine for 3.5 weeks lol. Also have an LM of 79 so that means I must've choked the interview hard if that's the case. Interviewed in July
Last edited:
D
deleted1085576
I wouldn’t overthink it too much, they said at the interview day they invite all applicants to tour. maybe it just takes them longer to send out the email on some weeks vs others. Plus the tour itself likely has no bearing on admissions bc they already finish the internal rankings. Also if it helps, I feel like my interview here didn’t go too great compared to the other ones i’ve had so I’d be surprised if i’m ranked highly internally lolMine is 7 days after, maybe they send email according to the internal ranking for pre-match?(This is why they invite to allure candidates to them) Oatmeal looks like the best guy with 525/4.0
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please don't read too much into the dates of these emails, guys.
I'm sure they had to line up enough tour guides or something.
Going on a campus tour is for your benefit, to see the school in case you have never been to El Paso, and to help you rank your schools.
It will not have any bearing on an admissions offer unless you are so obnoxious on your tour day that it gets back to the administration.
I'm sure they had to line up enough tour guides or something.
Going on a campus tour is for your benefit, to see the school in case you have never been to El Paso, and to help you rank your schools.
It will not have any bearing on an admissions offer unless you are so obnoxious on your tour day that it gets back to the administration.
Should we send thank you letters? I know in the interview brief in the morning they said not too and heard people saying they’d sent spme
D
deleted1085576
Hmm... I sent a broad thank you letter to the office of admissions email rather than my individual interviewers, thanking them for the opportunity to learn about the school and speak to students and faculty. I think it doesn't hurt to be polite and send something like that. They probably meant don't email your individual interviewers after the MMIShould we send thank you letters? I know in the interview brief in the morning they said not too and heard people saying they’d sent spme
premed paranoia is a documented ailment. it usually goes away anywhere between first prematch and May 1st.@gundelfingen What day was your interview? I know someone who interviewed 8/20 I think and they got the tour email 8/27 I believe. Hoping for my own sake it's not related to ranking bc I didn't get mine for 3.5 weeks lol. Also have an LM of 79 so that means I must've choked the interview hard if that's the case. Interviewed in July
Btw, what's the earliest date any of y'all received the tour invite?
They send another campus tour invitation for 10/22 just now... Someone haven't received it should receive it right now...
you don't have your camera on during the video mmi interview?They never said you can’t take notes and you’re not on camera so you could I guess. You have 1 minute to read the prompt and 6 min to answer
Not until you have had your “1 minute to think”you don't have your camera on during the video mmi interview?
kamenrider
Full Member
Congrats! Do you mind sharing LM scores and when you were complete? Good luck on your interviews!+1 OOS II
super super excited since this is my top school! anyone that interviewed already, how was it? I heard this school asks tough, out of left field questions
I was actually pretty late, submitted my primary 7/8, app complete 08/23, II on 09/09, buttt I did have really strong writing and a solid application. I'm thankful I even got considered, was expecting ghostCongrats! Do you mind sharing LM scores and when you were complete? Good luck on your interviews!
that's not late... CongratulationsI was actually pretty late, submitted my primary 7/8, app complete 08/23, II on 09/09, buttt I did have really strong writing and a solid application. I'm thankful I even got considered, was expecting ghost
IDKMAN1234
Full Member
Nothing out of left field. Pretty normal MMI. The interview day itself is pretty bad though imo. They just show you videos for three hours. They could have just sent that in an email instead of forcing me to take a whole say off from my other responsibilities!!+1 OOS II
super super excited since this is my top school! anyone that interviewed already, how was it? I heard this school asks tough, out of left field questions
Part of the tradeoff for having remote interview days, I guess. Would you have watched the videos before your interview, though?Nothing out of left field. Pretty normal MMI. The interview day itself is pretty bad though imo. They just show you videos for three hours. They could have just sent that in an email instead of forcing me to take a whole say off from my other responsibilities!!
IDKMAN1234
Full Member
I would have for sure, especially if they had sent it before the interview. I'm interested in the school so I would want to get as much info about the school before the interview. This would be good for the school too. They would know the students that are actually interested in going to their school by who comes to the interview day prepared to ask questions that aren't already answered in the videos. I also wouldn't have to sit through some of the videos that don't interest me (I couldn't care less about their MD/MBA or MD/MPH programs). It just feels like a lazy way of doing a virtual interview. I know other schools have similar setups so I'm not trying to bash PLFSOM specifically.Part of the tradeoff for having remote interview days, I guess. Would you have watched the videos before your interview, though?
thanks for replying! do you remember how many MMI stations they had? and dang they dont have anything interactive?Nothing out of left field. Pretty normal MMI. The interview day itself is pretty bad though imo. They just show you videos for three hours. They could have just sent that in an email instead of forcing me to take a whole say off from my other responsibilities!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8 stationsthanks for replying! do you remember how many MMI stations they had? and dang they dont have anything interactive?
PreMedNeurotic
Full Member
I'm OOS with a LM of 72.5. Somehow I just received the secondary invite on 9/12. Do ya'll think its worth shooting my shot?
Yes because this school continues interviewing usually through JanuaryI'm OOS with a LM of 72.5. Somehow I just received the secondary invite on 9/12. Do ya'll think its worth shooting my shot?
when did you submit your primary?I'm OOS with a LM of 72.5. Somehow I just received the secondary invite on 9/12. Do ya'll think its worth shooting my shot?