You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Wisconsin
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
semi-sweetdoc
Full Member
Complete date?OOS Pre-II R 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
palmtree13
Full Member
OOS pre-II R, i did not survive the UW massacre [emoji17]
Just got the email stating I am a Wisconsin residentI’ve gotten a few emails asking for things to prove my residence in Wisconsin but I’m not sure when they’ll change “NA”
TheQuibblerClinician
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R - R #3 ;(
+1 no sweat I would have rejected Wisconsin anyways
ellaluna44
Full Member
Pre-II R (OOS), LM 66.6. Good luck to y'all!
semi-sweetdoc
Full Member
Sorry 🙁 complete date?Pre-II R (OOS), LM 66.6. Good luck to y'all!
ellaluna44
Full Member
7/20Sorry 🙁 complete date?
chigirl214
Full Member
+1 II OOS on 10/3! Does anyone who already interviewed have more information about what the "Small Group Interviews" are like?
D
deleted1190090
+1 Pre-II R today. Completed late July. Kind of expected the result though, since I don't really have any ties to the state. Good luck everyone else!
OOS Pre-II R today. Was excited about this school but understandable given no ties
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone IS who submitted after 8/25 receive an interview yet?
I submitted 8/26, still nothingAnyone IS who submitted after 8/25 receive an interview yet?
serenesloth
Full Member
just received an IS II! 🙂 complete 8/25
Congrats!!! LM?just received an IS II! 🙂 complete 8/25
serenesloth
Full Member
73Congrats!!! LM?
prayingtobedr
New Member
OOS II
semi-sweetdoc
Full Member
OOS pre-II R. Completed 8/19.
CerebralWanderer07
Full Member
OOS pre-II R. Completed 8/7
CyanCryptoid
Full Member
It's basically like MMI scenarios that you talk through within a small group (~4 applicants total), and then we had 2 current students as evaluators. They give an introduction at the beginning, then they turn their cameras off while you go through the scenarios. I think we had ~15 minutes for each scenario (2 total) but not required to use the whole time. At the end you can finish out chatting with current students and ask them any specific questions you have. Pretty laid back overall!+1 II OOS on 10/3! Does anyone who already interviewed have more information about what the "Small Group Interviews" are like?
o_OfroggyO_o
Full Member
is there any way to prep for the group discussion portion?It's basically like MMI scenarios that you talk through within a small group (~4 applicants total), and then we had 2 current students as evaluators. They give an introduction at the beginning, then they turn their cameras off while you go through the scenarios. I think we had ~15 minutes for each scenario (2 total) but not required to use the whole time. At the end you can finish out chatting with current students and ask them any specific questions you have. Pretty laid back overall!
and what was your faculty interview experience like? was it also laidback/conversational?
mweather36
Full Member
Was anyone who has received an II previously on the waitlist for an interview?
o_OfroggyO_o
Full Member
no, OOS II received today. no waitlistWas anyone who has received an II previously on the waitlist for an interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chigirl214
Full Member
Thank you for the reply! So are you in a way working together with the other applicants to arrive at solution? Or do you more just answer questionsIt's basically like MMI scenarios that you talk through within a small group (~4 applicants total), and then we had 2 current students as evaluators. They give an introduction at the beginning, then they turn their cameras off while you go through the scenarios. I think we had ~15 minutes for each scenario (2 total) but not required to use the whole time. At the end you can finish out chatting with current students and ask them any specific questions you have. Pretty laid back overall!
serenesloth
Full Member
I also was not on the waitlist. guessing they maybe go through all the apps before then going back through those on the interview waitlist?? not totally sure though since admissions is always a bit of a mysteryWas anyone who has received an II previously on the waitlist for an interview?
CyanCryptoid
Full Member
I'd say as long as you have done some basic MMI prep you're good to go!is there any way to prep for the group discussion portion?
and what was your faculty interview experience like? was it also laidback/conversational?
Faculty interview was also super chill! We went a bit over the timeslot bc my interviewer wanted to make sure we could thoroughly discuss my questions at the end - everyone is super friendly and welcoming, it was a good vibe 🙂
CyanCryptoid
Full Member
It's not really finding the "solution" per se, more so evaluating different components of what all would go into finding the solution if you were the professional in the scenario. Scenarios are somewhat vague so there should be lots to say about what information/factors you might investigate. But yes definitely all working together to discuss things as a group!Thank you for the reply! So are you in a way working together with the other applicants to arrive at solution? Or do you more just answer questions
o_OfroggyO_o
Full Member
thank you!! in ur experience, did the people in the group give you space to talk and was good collaborative environment? i’m scared a gunner is going to coming in and control the convo 😭😭It's not really finding the "solution" per se, more so evaluating different components of what all would go into finding the solution if you were the professional in the scenario. Scenarios are somewhat vague so there should be lots to say about what information/factors you might investigate. But yes definitely all working together to discuss things as a group!
CyanCryptoid
Full Member
Maybe I got lucky with the group I was paired with, but yes it was very collaborative!! We kind of automatically made sure each person got to say something before we'd make another comment, going in roughly the same order after each person finished speaking - we also had a different person say the "first" thing for each question so it didn't feel like anyone took over or anything. If I had to guess, it seems like admissions tried their best to evaluate applicants for a collaborative nature before offering an interview so I think that helped 🙂thank you!! in ur experience, did the people in the group give you space to talk and was good collaborative environment? i’m scared a gunner is going to coming in and control the convo 😭😭
McApple
Full Member
IS II received 10/4 (submitted 8/25). Interview was on 10/18. For anyone trying to prepare, the interview and group session were very relaxed - just be yourself!
Did they say when decisions will be out?
I interviewed the week of 10/7 and they said mid-November. I think that's the aim for their first chunk of interviewsDid they say when decisions will be out?
chigirl214
Full Member
Did you guys send thank-you messages to your interviewers? I just interviewed and they said they don't give out the interviewers' emails, but they would send along a message to them if I want. Is this weird to do or is everyone doing this?
exileinandersonville
Full Member
+1 OOS R complete 8/5
tarkovskiyeva
Full Member
+1 OOS R, complete 8/2 - it's a lovely school, best of luck to everyone!
CyanCryptoid
Full Member
I don't think it's weird at all to do if you want to do it! I personally did not.Did you guys send thank-you messages to your interviewers? I just interviewed and they said they don't give out the interviewers' emails, but they would send along a message to them if I want. Is this weird to do or is everyone doing this?
nolemedgirl
Full Member
+1 OOS R, LM 67
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
o_OfroggyO_o
Full Member
do they post the name of the interviewer on the portal beforehand?
chigirl214
Full Member
No they don't, you go to the zoom link and a moderator puts you in a break out room with your interviewer. They also don't give you their emails afterwardsdo they post the name of the interviewer on the portal beforehand?
medicalbaddie
Full Member
OOS II LM 66.6 complete 8/24
Similar threads
- Replies
- 722
- Views
- 237K