2025-2026 Wisconsin

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed early Feb and they said decisions would come out for us the last week of March. Any idea if they accept letter of update/intent post interview/pre decision? I just got a first author pub at PNAS and thought it might help.
Unfortunately they don’t! All updates taken in consideration were to be shared at the interview from what i was told! 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question for current students -
Are exams on Fridays? And how to clinicals work with the statewide campus model - are students spending 12 wks in one town, then going to a different one for the next block or are the clinicals done within the Madison area? Also how competitive is the TRIUMPH program?
 
My interview was quite a while ago in October and I got waitlisted in January. I've had many updates since then that have improved my application. At this stage, would UWSMPH accept any updates that might contribute to a change in my position on the waitlist?
 
My interview was quite a while ago in October and I got waitlisted in January. I've had many updates since then that have improved my application. At this stage, would UWSMPH accept any updates that might contribute to a change in my position on the waitlist?
No since the committee has already given everyone their composite score which is how the WL/admissions is ranked. They explicitly don’t accept updates per secondary portal as well :/
 
Question for current students -
Are exams on Fridays? And how to clinicals work with the statewide campus model - are students spending 12 wks in one town, then going to a different one for the next block or are the clinicals done within the Madison area? Also how competitive is the TRIUMPH program?
1. Yes all written exams are on Fridays. OSCEs vary in preclinical and clinical but are usually the week before or the same week of the written exam

2. You're required to do one clinical block at a statewide campus. There's a lottery system where you rank your preferences but most people end up at one site for their away block, then complete the other three blocks in Madison. There are options to do more than one block away if you want, but usually at the same site!

3. I wasn't in TRIUMPH, but as far as I know it's not super competitive? Most people I know who wanted to do it were able to get in but I know interest varies with each class
 
Just got an IS WL update email, informed I am in the top 30. Anyone get more specific, eg top 10/20?
I got bottom 60 IS; was bottom third in the first update. Obviously no shot at getting in but now I really want to figure out how many people total on the WL there are. I guess if there's nothing between bottom 60 and top 30 that would be 90 in total which seems plausible. Also makes me wonder if anyone IS has given up their spot since 90 would be a natural number to have broken up into thirds to begin with...though I guess they did that with the OOS WL as well so maybe not
 
I got bottom 60 IS; was bottom third in the first update. Obviously no shot at getting in but now I really want to figure out how many people total on the WL there are. I guess if there's nothing between bottom 60 and top 30 that would be 90 in total which seems plausible. Also makes me wonder if anyone IS has given up their spot since 90 would be a natural number to have broken up into thirds to begin with...though I guess they did that with the OOS WL as well so maybe not
I'm not sure for this cycle, but last year (yes, I got WLed twice...) they told me they typically WL roughly 60 IS but sometimes more, sometimes less. I guess there were more applicants this cycle so it would make sense if they had a longer WL
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure for this cycle, but last year (yes, I got WLed twice...) they told me they typically WL roughly 60 IS but sometimes more, sometimes less. I guess there were more applicants this cycle so it would make sense if they had a longer WL
I've also assumed that schools are waitlisting more heavily this year because no grad plus loans likely will make yield rates a little harder to predict. Though if anything it probably makes IS yield even higher than normal, oh well.
 
Got Top 40 OOS WL. is that good or bad?
Really depends on how much movement they have. A few years according to SDN there was zero movement, a few years prior they began pulling from IS waitlist because OOS waitlist was over.

This year seems to be an anomaly though, with an increase in number of applications, changes to loans, etc. Someone also mentioned they are being very careful not over enroll like last year, so we'll see what happens.
 
Really depends on how much movement they have. A few years according to SDN there was zero movement, a few years prior they began pulling from IS waitlist because OOS waitlist was over.

This year seems to be an anomaly though, with an increase in number of applications, changes to loans, etc. Someone also mentioned they are being very careful not over enroll like last year, so we'll see what happens.
Oh I hope they pull into our tiers 🥹!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad