You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Wisconsin
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This wait is killing me!! Really really hoping they send stuff out this Friday
Anyone hear anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
slimypeanut
Full Member
At my interview they said the next decision day is Feb 21 and then the one after that is mid March sometimeAnyone hear anything?
packerfan5
MD Class of 2029
6-8 weeks.Does anyone know what the turnaround time is post-interview? Do they say "you'll hear back in X amount of weeks"
At my interview in early feb, they told us that there were two decision dates upcoming. One on 2/21, and another mid-late march. If you interviewed prior to the 2/21 date there's a chance that you could be in that early batch but it just depends on how fast admissions is moving and how fast your interviewer turned in their rec.Does anyone know what the turnaround time is post-interview? Do they say "you'll hear back in X amount of weeks"
My delulu side is hopeful, but I'm probs gonna hear back on the second date. Good luck everyone!!!At my interview in early feb, they told us that there were two decision dates upcoming. One on 2/21, and another mid-late march. If you interviewed prior to the 2/21 date there's a chance that you could be in that early batch but it just depends on how fast admissions is moving and how fast your interviewer turned in their rec.
onitsukatiger
Full Member
just got OOS A call! help is this real I'm shaking
Huge congrats!!! When was your interview?just got OOS A call! help is this real I'm shaking
onitsukatiger
Full Member
Thank you!!!! 12/18!Huge congrats!!! When was your interview?
IS A!!!
marscheesecastle
New Member
Anyone from 1/17 hear back yet?
luckycharms15
New Member
Has anyone gotten off the WL / alternate list yet?
azithromycin12
Full Member
IS WL
Interviewed 1/8
Interviewed 1/8
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS Post Interview R for the WARM Program
Aloe_Cozy23
New Member
Haven’t heard anything yet. Hoping financial aid and/or scholarship info comes soon. Does anyone know if UW gives more than just loans for financial aid? I remember they said scholarships are separate from aid,Any news on scholarships? I know their website mentions late winter/early spring.
undeniablekeeper
Full Member
OOS WL for MD-MPH, interview 12/20
mitochondrialdaddy
New Member
I received a scholarship a few days ago! I got a phone call and an email about it.Any news on scholarships? I know their website mentions late winter/early spring.
Congrats! WARM or MD?I received a scholarship a few days ago! I got a phone call and an email about it.
mitochondrialdaddy
New Member
Reg MD!Congrats! WARM or MD?
I didn’t get that email so not sure! Are you OOS?Does anyone know what the Extended Admitted Student Visit Program is? Does everyone get this email? If so, why don't they include it in the regular admitted student's day invitation?
Huh that is strange. Yes, I am out of state, so maybe they want it to be longer if I am going to fly? It says it is put on by the Office of Multicultural Affairs – Health Professions Learners (OMA-HPL), but the email doesn't say anything about it being an event for underrepresented groups.I didn’t get that email so not sure! Are you OOS?
Yeah, that is weird. Maybe it is to make the visit/experience longer. I am in state. It’s really nice if they are trying to make your trip worth it!Huh that is strange. Yes, I am out of state, so maybe they want it to be longer if I am going to fly? It says it is put on by the Office of Multicultural Affairs – Health Professions Learners (OMA-HPL), but the email doesn't say anything about it being an event for underrepresented groups.
mitochondrialdaddy
New Member
OMA is designed for recruitment and enrollment activities for racial and ethnic populations underrepresented in medicine!Huh that is strange. Yes, I am out of state, so maybe they want it to be longer if I am going to fly? It says it is put on by the Office of Multicultural Affairs – Health Professions Learners (OMA-HPL), but the email doesn't say anything about it being an event for underrepresented groups.
Ah got it! Thanks so much!OMA is designed for recruitment and enrollment activities for racial and ethnic populations underrepresented in medicine!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Iirc it’s every three weeks, so next weekAnybody have any ideas when the next decision release date will be? I remember them saying sometime in March in my interview back in early feb, but it wasn't really clear beyond that 🤔
I think that would be a separate email. On their website about financial aid it says “Please note that these scholarships will not be included in financial aid packages from the UW–Madison Office of Student Financial Aid.” I’m hoping they are still sending scholarships out.Got an email about the financial aid offer this morning. Would information about potential scholarships be included in this same email or would that information be coming separately?
do these emails just come out randomly from financial aid office?Got an email about the financial aid offer this morning. Would information about potential scholarships be included in this same email or would that information be coming separately?
sjordan62
Full Member
I think? I filled out my fafsa in November right after I got accepted, so maybe they are coming out based on when you did the fafsa.do these emails just come out randomly from financial aid office?
Both - typically 2-3 in house "midterms" per block with an NBME "final" that covers the entire block. The last midterm and the NBME are taken back to back on the same dayI had a question about the preclinical curriculum. I know that it's P/F, while clerkships are graded, but is it in-house or NBME exams?
rave-rebel
Full Member
Do you know results come out this week?Waiting for my result next week. Just curious: for those admitted, do they offer a school tour?
sjordan62
Full Member
Admitted students day is April 5th!Waiting for my result next week. Just curious: for those admitted, do they offer a school tour?
Toby77
Full Member
That's what we were told at 02/07 interview date, "after Mid March".Do you know results come out this week?
Toby77
Full Member
Is this some type of school tour? What's the curriculum for this day? Just curious. I visited Medical college of WI, it was quite nice.Admitted students day is April 5th!
sjordan62
Full Member
Breakout sessions with public/global health and student research, campus tour, WARM and Triumph information, financial aid info, and I think I saw there would be ice-cream. It’s an all day thing starting at 8Is this some type of school tour? What's the curriculum for this day? Just curious. I visited Medical college of WI, it was quite nice.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medicalbaddie
Full Member
OOS just got off the waitlist today. Will be turning down my acceptance so fingers crossed for those of you still waiting!
Congrats! Pre-interview waitlist or post-interview waitlist?IS A from waitlist today 🙂
mweather36
Full Member
IS A today
I interviewed in December and was waitlisted in January!Congrats! Pre-interview waitlist or post-interview waitlist?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 722
- Views
- 237K