-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Wisconsin
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Significant_Storm240
Full Member
Accepted 11/7 and have heard nothing.Has any accepted students heard about financial aid or scholarships since being accepted? From previous cycles, it seems that student accepted in the spring hear about scholarships during the acceptance call.
sjordan62
Full Member
I spoke to the WARM program director who said that decisions about scholarship/financial aid are being made this month, and we won’t get the information until April/May when all acceptances have been sent out.Has any accepted students heard about financial aid or scholarships since being accepted? From previous cycles, it seems that student accepted in the spring hear about scholarships during the acceptance call.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
McApple
Full Member
Think they would send out scholarships prior to deadline to decision date?I spoke to the WARM program director who said that decisions about scholarship/financial aid are being made this month, and we won’t get the information until April/May when all acceptances have been sent out.
Aloe_Cozy23
New Member
Same. During my interview, I thought they said scholarship decisions can typically can come out a 1-4 weeks after acceptance. But that seems different from previous cycles.Think they would send out scholarships prior to deadline to decision date?
chigirl214
Full Member
do we have to do anything to be considered for merit scholarships? like fafsa or something? i have no idea how this all worksSame. During my interview, I thought they said scholarship decisions can typically can come out a 1-4 weeks after acceptance. But that seems different from previous cycles.
No. There’s some details posted by admin on the Group Facebook page btwdo we have to do anything to be considered for merit scholarships? like fafsa or something? i have no idea how this all works
McApple
Full Member
I know their website says most are awarded in late winter and early springSame. During my interview, I thought they said scholarship decisions can typically can come out a 1-4 weeks after acceptance. But that seems different from previous cycles.
I received a phone call today, the area code was 608 and the caller ID said UW MADISON. I had to pull my car over before I answered.
And ...
it was the Wisconsin Historical Society which is located on Library Mall of the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. The call had absolutely no connection to UWSMPH. Wow, talk about a 1 minute emotional roller coaster. It was worse than seeing the "Fresh cheese curds today" sign outside the local store, then going inside only to find out they forgot to take the sign down from the day before.
And ...
it was the Wisconsin Historical Society which is located on Library Mall of the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. The call had absolutely no connection to UWSMPH. Wow, talk about a 1 minute emotional roller coaster. It was worse than seeing the "Fresh cheese curds today" sign outside the local store, then going inside only to find out they forgot to take the sign down from the day before.
sjordan62
Full Member
Yes. I don’t remember the specifics, but the idea is you’d have a couple weeks with your scholarship offer to make a decision prior to deadline.Think they would send out scholarships prior to deadline to decision date?
Crunchyshrimpfries164
Full Member
Mid-November interviewees — are we expecting anything this week?
LadyGagaFan
Full Member
When I interviewed (dec 6), they said that decisions would be released in 6-8 weeks!Mid-November interviewees — are we expecting anything this week?
+1When I interviewed (dec 6), they said that decisions would be released in 6-8 weeks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TransmissionFluidEnjoyer
New Member
I interviewed in October. No news at all since.
That's an R right?
That's an R right?
^ +1does anyone know the post II acceptance rates for WARM?
They said to reach out to them if it’s after 8 weeks. I’d send an emailI interviewed in October. No news at all since.
That's an R right?
I interviewed Dec 20th and am telling myself I’m gonna hear back Feb 14th (8 weeks) so it’s not all I think about lol. I think they said they do come in batchesAre we expecting to hear back this Friday? Do they send As in batches?
packerfan5
MD Class of 2029
I would recommend attending optional sessions if you are able, but I don't think it's necessary to reschedule prior commitments for the multicultural info session. However, I would definitely attend the Q&A sessions with students and faculty.For anyone who already interviewed, did you go to all of the optional sessions? Specifically the office of multicultural affairs info session? Just wondering if it's beneficial/crucial to go if I have a conflict at that time
+1I would recommend attending optional sessions if you are able, but I don't think it's necessary to reschedule prior commitments for the multicultural info session. However, I would definitely attend the Q&A sessions with students and faculty.
Yes, I attended all of the optional sessions. There are a small number of opportunities to interact with medical schools prior to attending. These interactions with the school, faculty, and students may help you decide if the school is the right place for you.
You can email admissions and inquire about attending the session on a different date.
Last edited:
Crunchyshrimpfries164
Full Member
Are we expecting decisions todayyy
packerfan5
MD Class of 2029
God I hope so!!Are we expecting decisions todayyy
+1God I hope so!!
Got the A call on 1/24, OOS. interview on 12/12.
Last edited:
Crunchyshrimpfries164
Full Member
Any IS A?
medicalbaddie
Full Member
Has anyone heard from 11/22 interview date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
packerfan5
MD Class of 2029
would also love to know to settle my neuroticism😅Any IS A?
mitochondrialdaddy
New Member
Crunchyshrimpfries164
Full Member
If we didn’t get a call today, should we except WL on Monday [emoji17]
Not sure, I think last years thread had people getting A’s on a Friday and the following Monday. I could be misremembering though.If we didn’t get a call today, should we except WL on Monday [emoji17]
Did people interviewing Dec 18-20 hear back?? Congrats everyone who got the A!!!!!
medicalchic17
Full Member
I had my faculty interview on 11/21 and already heard back in DecemberHas anyone heard from 11/22 interview date?
Crunchyshrimpfries164
Full Member
Any mid November interviewees hear back yet?
If we didn’t get a call today, should we except WL on Monday [emoji17]
I was looking on last year's thread it seemed like WL followed A's...kinda getting nervous. I interviewed 12/4 and have not heard anything.Not sure, I think last years thread had people getting A’s on a Friday and the following Monday. I could be misremembering though.
packerfan5
MD Class of 2029
I should really take my own advice… but stay positive! According to cycle track, the last wave of acceptances in December came out on 2 separate days…I was looking on last year's thread it seemed like WL followed A's...kinda getting nervous. I interviewed 12/4 and have not heard anything.
LadyGagaFan
Full Member
Yeah they told us it depends on reviewer availability too, so decisions for the same interview date can come at different times by what review cycle your app falls intoI should really take my own advice… but stay positive! According to cycle track, the last wave of acceptances in December came out on 2 separate days…
Congrats!!!! What was your interview date? Does anyone know how often waves of admittance happensEmail and portal.
Last edited:
packerfan5
MD Class of 2029
IS WL. Interviewed 12/13.
Thank you.Congrats!!!! What was your interview date? Does anyone know how often waves of admittance happens
Dec 13.
You can look at previous years forums to see the patterns of waves of admittances and timing of notifications throughout the day. That does not necessarily mean it will be the same this year, but it may give you an idea of what to expect.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mitochondrialdaddy
New Member
From my interview session they said there will be 5-6 waves and I believe this is the third wave.Congrats!!!! What was your interview date? Does anyone know how often waves of admittance happens
persimmonpie56
New Member
IS A - interviewed 11/21
Received by email
Received by email
LadyGagaFan
Full Member
IS A 🙂 interviewed 12/6!
ilovepickles
New Member
Congrats!! LM?IS A 🙂 interviewed 12/6!
LadyGagaFan
Full Member
Thank you!! 68Congrats!! LM?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 722
- Views
- 237K