You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Baylor
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
boolinbray
Full Member
congrats! did they call or email you?+1 IS II! Complete 7/30, LM 72!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SR77
Full Member
Hi all, congrats to those who have gotten Baylor IIs so far! I’m curious if interview invites here lean toward applicants with ties or connections to Houston/Waco. If you have an II, could you share your complete date, IS/OOS, LM, and whether you have any regional ties?
Would also love to hear from any current students or admissions representatives if they can clarify whether geographic ties play a role.
Would also love to hear from any current students or admissions representatives if they can clarify whether geographic ties play a role.
Last edited:
Not at this school. Your accomplishments, essays, and ability to communicate if given a chance to interview are more important.Hi all, congrats to those who have gotten Baylor IIs so far! I’m curious if interview invites here lean toward applicants with ties or connections to Houston/Waco. If you have an II, could you share your complete date, IS/OOS, and whether you have any regional ties?
Would also love to hear from any current students or admissions representatives if they can clarify whether geographic ties play a role.
The undergrad college at Waco really isn’t connected to the med school so I don’t think graduating from there gives you a boost, it’s more what you made of your education and opportunities
I received it via email!congrats! did they call or email you?
AnatomyAndAnonymity
TMDSAS Wrangler
+1 IS II!! Completed 7/31
axpathetic
Full Member
It's been 1 and a half months since I got this sorted out and the review of my application was continued, as was verbally stated in a reply email from Baylor. Since then, I haven't heard anything back from the school. When (if any) would be an appropriate time to reach out to see if my application is still under consideration? I understand that it's still early in the interview season and that not hearing back is probably normal at this time. Should I email again after I complete my missing course credit in December?After emailing Baylor admissions, it turns out that they do not accept coursework completed at a university prior to high school graduation, even if the course was accepted on your transcript for college credit. It won't be too hard to make up my course this year, but to anyone in the future who is wondering if this will be an issue with Baylor, yeah
dustycrusader
Full Member
I would not reach out. If they told you that your application is under review, there is most likely not any other information that they can give at this time.It's been 1 and a half months since I got this sorted out and the review of my application was continued, as was verbally stated in a reply email from Baylor. Since then, I haven't heard anything back from the school. When (if any) would be an appropriate time to reach out to see if my application is still under consideration? I understand that it's still early in the interview season and that not hearing back is probably normal at this time. Should I email again after I complete my missing course credit in December?
sampatel
Full Member
You have a LM of 80 and already 6 IIs. They are definitely interviewing you. No doubt about that.It's been 1 and a half months since I got this sorted out and the review of my application was continued, as was verbally stated in a reply email from Baylor. Since then, I haven't heard anything back from the school. When (if any) would be an appropriate time to reach out to see if my application is still under consideration? I understand that it's still early in the interview season and that not hearing back is probably normal at this time. Should I email again after I complete my missing course credit in December?
+1 IS II!!!! Completed 8/4
md_poiesis
New Member
+1 IS II!!! Received by email yesterday, app complete 8/5
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1185507
Any students or ppl that have interviewed here lurking? Looking for any advice on the interview, definitely a top choice school
Baylor was also my top choice last cycle, and was my very first interview. The admissions team tried to emphasize that the interview truly is just to get to know you. Both of my interviewers were very kind and genuinely seemed interested in my application, why I did my activities, and why I am interested in medicine. I would just make sure you know all about your activities and maybe have a story/experience lined up for your most important/impactful. Good luck 🙂Any students or ppl that have interviewed here lurking? Looking for any advice on the interview, definitely a top choice school
+1 IS II on 9/9! Complete on 8/6
bojanglesss
Full Member
I read last year's thread, but wanted to confirm that a Letter of Interest (post-interview) is really only useful if you have other prematch offer(s) that you're willing to turn down for Baylor? Otherwise, if you can't mention another prematch offer you shouldn't send...
Hey guys, I am preparing for my interview with baylor and I had a question. I am trying to think of speaking points for the "why baylor" question, and one point I wanted to bring up was it's location in TMC and their collaborations with literally the best hospitals and research centers in houston, I even work at one of their research centers in houston and wanted to bring that experience up in this question. Then, I started thinking about the fact they have their Temple campus, and now I am concerned that me talking about the fact they are in TMC would make it seem like I only care about the Houston campus and not the Temple campus. I wanted to get opinions on this if it's a valid concern or a silly concern lol.
D
deleted1185507
Valid concern but it’s just one part of a greater answer. TMC is undeniably a selling point for any schools in the Houston area, but don’t make it the only factor in your “Why Baylor” question, just a topic that you touch on and subtly say you work in etc. It’s all about how you convey your message in the interview, be natural and you’ll be ok. There’s no guarantee for Houston or Temple now so I doubt they dock points for mentioning specifics at one campus and not the other, correct me if I’m wrong tho
If you send one, say why you want to go to Baylor and don’t bring other school names into itI read last year's thread, but wanted to confirm that a Letter of Interest (post-interview) is really only useful if you have other prematch offer(s) that you're willing to turn down for Baylor? Otherwise, if you can't mention another prematch offer you shouldn't send...
kingyordan44
Full Member
+1 IS II. Completed 8/21 LM 75
KaladinStormblessed
New Member
+1 OOS II! LM 77, completed 8/13. No Texas ties.
Last edited:
+1 IS II. Complete 7/13 LM 72. So grateful!!!
I am a reapplicant with a non-Texas undergrad with worse stats than you and I just received my II from Baylor. You'll be 100% just fine!!I am slightly concerned that my application may not be under consideration for this school at this time. My application was complete mid-July (LM 75) with a heavy focus on research. I am a reapplicant with a non-Texas undergrad/grad, so I'm assuming that the delay in II responses (I have received none so far for all of the Texas schools completed around the same time) for me may be due to internal application batching procedures. I understand that this is yet another annoying neurotic pre-med question, and that there is a good amount of time left in the application cycle, but I would appreciate it if someone could clarify these doubts. Thank you.
duke_pukem
New Member
+1 IS II. Complete 8/7 LM 74
i am also a reapplicant, and got an II so you're definitely under consideration!I am slightly concerned that my application may not be under consideration for this school at this time. My application was complete mid-July (LM 75) with a heavy focus on research. I am a reapplicant with a non-Texas undergrad/grad, so I'm assuming that the delay in II responses (I have received none so far for all of the Texas schools completed around the same time) for me may be due to internal application batching procedures. I understand that this is yet another annoying neurotic pre-med question, and that there is a good amount of time left in the application cycle, but I would appreciate it if someone could clarify these doubts. Thank you.
I am also a reapplicant who got an II. I also completed my application around that time. While the only difference is that i am a texas resident who attended a texas undergrad, i would like to remind you that it is still considered early! I have many friends who received II from schools such as Baylor and Dell in December/January and got into the school! It's easier said than done, but it's not over until its over! I completely understand where you are coming from because I too have neurotic tendencies and stress when I shouldn't, it's just a part of this unfortunately long process :,). I have hope for you!I am slightly concerned that my application may not be under consideration for this school at this time. My application was complete mid-July (LM 75) with a heavy focus on research. I am a reapplicant with a non-Texas undergrad/grad, so I'm assuming that the delay in II responses (I have received none so far for all of the Texas schools completed around the same time) for me may be due to internal application batching procedures. I understand that this is yet another annoying neurotic pre-med question, and that there is a good amount of time left in the application cycle, but I would appreciate it if someone could clarify these doubts. Thank you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ADNhtx25
New Member
I am in the exact same situation with near identical timeline on submission and email exchange. Did you end up reaching out? Or have you heard anything back yet?It's been 1 and a half months since I got this sorted out and the review of my application was continued, as was verbally stated in a reply email from Baylor. Since then, I haven't heard anything back from the school. When (if any) would be an appropriate time to reach out to see if my application is still under consideration? I understand that it's still early in the interview season and that not hearing back is probably normal at this time. Should I email again after I complete my missing course credit in December?
D
deleted1090005
Anyone get an interview with a first quartile Casper?
thanks for encouraging your co-applicants, but I don't think your line about Dell & Baylor interviews in January is accurate.I am also a reapplicant who got an II. I also completed my application around that time. While the only difference is that i am a texas resident who attended a texas undergrad, i would like to remind you that it is still considered early! I have many friends who received II from schools such as Baylor and Dell in December/January and got into the school! It's easier said than done, but it's not over until its over! I completely understand where you are coming from because I too have neurotic tendencies and stress when I shouldn't, it's just a part of this unfortunately long process :,). I have hope for you!
axpathetic
Full Member
I did update them via email that I was in the process of earning my credit, and they thanked me for the reply. I guess it can't hurt to send an updateI am in the exact same situation with near identical timeline on submission and email exchange. Did you end up reaching out? Or have you heard anything back yet?
@wysdoc @texasvandy Had my interview. If it's my #1 school should I send a Letter of Intent yet? Should I wait until after the Open House?
@texasvandy You said in a previous year's thread that the LOI won't mean as much unless you have another prematch in hand, so should I wait at least until after October 15th?
@texasvandy You said in a previous year's thread that the LOI won't mean as much unless you have another prematch in hand, so should I wait at least until after October 15th?
Up to you, think it over@wysdoc @texasvandy Had my interview. If it's my #1 school should I send a Letter of Intent yet? Should I wait until after the Open House?
@texasvandy You said in a previous year's thread that the LOI won't mean as much unless you have another prematch in hand, so should I wait at least until after October 15th?
Its a bit early for LOI since Baylor typically prematches people in mid November.thanks for encouraging your co-applicants, but I don't think your line about Dell & Baylor interviews in January is accurate.
In theory you write LOIs if you dont prematch but it would make sense to do one once you have one or more prematches when writing a letter to top school like Baylor.
You may write your thank you letters for now with a note about Baylor being your top choice.
Oh, that's a very good idea. Thank you.You may write your thank you letters for now with a note about Baylor being your top choice.
I should have prefaced I know a few people who got interviews during that time, but not ALL of them got in, 3 of those people did but I just said that as a way to show that its not impossible.thanks for encouraging your co-applicants, but I don't think your line about Dell & Baylor interviews in January is accurate.
pseudotime
New Member
Here is a preemptive prayer that I appear in today's wave of IIs; I truly wish the best of luck to others who are also waiting.
dustycrusader
Full Member
Refreshing my email like an idiot 🙁Here is a preemptive prayer that I appear in today's wave of IIs; I truly wish the best of luck to others who are also waiting.
Central6245
Full Member
How do you know there will be an II wave today?Here is a preemptive prayer that I appear in today's wave of IIs; I truly wish the best of luck to others who are also waiting.
dustycrusader
Full Member
Historically every Tuesday. This year it has been around this time!How do you know there will be an II wave today?
pseudotime
New Member
It was revealed to me in a dream. 😉How do you know there will be an II wave today?
In reality it's just looking at the pattern of IIs received this cycle and the last. They seem to come weekly on Tuesdays, mainly shortly after 5 PM. This might not be completely accurate, considering we don't know what internal delays the reviewers may be facing from week to week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes--they were in my portal.For anyone that has interviewed already: did you know who your interviewers were from beforehand?
Thanks! How much in advance did they show there?Yes--they were in my portal.
I think just the day before.Thanks! How much in advance did they show there?
bratzdoll16
Full Member
Got an II last night…. And then I woke up #pain 😭
I just noticed the day before, too.Thanks! How much in advance did they show there?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K