You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Baylor
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
chartingappseas
Full Member
II 9/24! Complete 8/26. LM 79
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS II 🙂 LM 72. Complete 6/19.
Last edited:
TibiaOrNotTibia
Full Member
On Baylor's MD Admissions Timeline page, it says, "October - May: Merit Scholarships awarded to accepted applicants."
Is this referring to internal timing (i.e., things behind the scenes) rather than when applicants are notified? I had thought that all decisions were released on match day, whether or not someone was IS or OOS. Do they do it differently for those who do and don't participate in match?
Is this referring to internal timing (i.e., things behind the scenes) rather than when applicants are notified? I had thought that all decisions were released on match day, whether or not someone was IS or OOS. Do they do it differently for those who do and don't participate in match?
+1 IS II LM 76
Complete 8/22
Complete 8/22
Merit scholarships are much less common for med school than for college. They could be offered along with the admission offer, or laterOn Baylor's MD Admissions Timeline page, it says, "October - May: Merit Scholarships awarded to accepted applicants."
Is this referring to internal timing (i.e., things behind the scenes) rather than when applicants are notified? I had thought that all decisions were released on match day, whether or not someone was IS or OOS. Do they do it differently for those who do and don't participate in match?
Sometimes scholarships are offered later on, even after Match Day for Texans.
entireHi, does anyone know whether the entire application is reviewed after the interview or the decision is made solely on the interview evaluation?
Polyketide
Full Member
+1 IS II. Received 9/30. Complete 6/24
Last edited:
From MSARS we see that for Baylor:
Previously I remember reading that anyone interviewed but not accepted would get Waitlist. So with some simple math can we assume that:
- 1061 applicants Interviewed (823 IS, 238 OOS)
- 226 Matriculated (198 IS, 27 OOS, 1 Intl)
- 500-550 were Waitlist
- 25 Accepted off of Waitlist
Previously I remember reading that anyone interviewed but not accepted would get Waitlist. So with some simple math can we assume that:
- 511-561 were Offered, with the rest going into Waitlist?
- 310-360 off those Offers were Declined, leaving 201 applicants who Accepted and Matriculated
- 25 were Accepted off of Waitlist, bringing the total Matriculation up to 226
- And likely some other Offers were made to the Waitlist but those applicants had already moved on
I highly doubt there were an additional 310-360 declined.From MSARS we see that for Baylor:
That information is official and from Baylor itself. Let's see if we can make some educated guesses about post-II to Acceptance rate.
- 1061 applicants Interviewed (823 IS, 238 OOS)
- 226 Matriculated (198 IS, 27 OOS, 1 Intl)
- 500-550 were Waitlist
- 25 Accepted off of Waitlist
Previously I remember reading that anyone interviewed but not accepted would get Waitlist. So with some simple math can we assume that:
Does that sound like it could be right? That seems like a very low yield rate for Baylor (roughly 40%). Which means that the Offered number I'm using is probably just hopeful optimism on my part. I would guess a post-II to Acceptance rate of closer to 35% than 50% but hoping to see other thoughts on this.
- 511-561 were Offered, with the rest going into Waitlist?
- 310-360 off those Offers were Declined, leaving 201 applicants who Accepted and Matriculated
- 25 were Accepted off of Waitlist, bringing the total Matriculation up to 226
- And likely some other Offers were made to the Waitlist but those applicants had already moved on
Most people who choose another school are going to UTSW or Dell. I dont imagine that many people were admitted to both UTSW and Dell.
I think your guesses for the number of offers is too high, and the sequence is a little different because of TMDSAS MatchFrom MSARS we see that for Baylor:
That information is official and from Baylor itself. Let's see if we can make some educated guesses about post-II to Acceptance rate.
- 1061 applicants Interviewed (823 IS, 238 OOS)
- 226 Matriculated (198 IS, 27 OOS, 1 Intl)
- 500-550 were Waitlist
- 25 Accepted off of Waitlist
Previously I remember reading that anyone interviewed but not accepted would get Waitlist. So with some simple math can we assume that:
Does that sound like it could be right? That seems like a very low yield rate for Baylor (roughly 40%). Which means that the Offered number I'm using is probably just hopeful optimism on my part. I would guess a post-II to Acceptance rate of closer to 35% than 50% but hoping to see other thoughts on this.
- 511-561 were Offered, with the rest going into Waitlist?
- 310-360 off those Offers were Declined, leaving 201 applicants who Accepted and Matriculated
- 25 were Accepted off of Waitlist, bringing the total Matriculation up to 226
- And likely some other Offers were made to the Waitlist but those applicants had already moved on
TMDSAS applicants who get several offers get narrowed down to one school on match day, so I guess you could look at those as students who “turned down the offer” by ranking a different school higher. Later in the process some will leave for an OOS offer they prefer and those holes will be filled in from the WL. Those will count in the number of total offers
Yeah, that sounded too high to me too. But since we only have an official Waitlist number and not an official Offered number, that's all I had to go off of. So I guess the real answer would be that not everyone who Interviewed gets on the Waitlist.I highly doubt there were an additional 310-360 declined.
Most people who choose another school are going to UTSW or Dell. I dont imagine that many people were admitted to both UTSW and Dell.
As for UTSW or Dell, I would add that a lot of those who get into Baylor also get into top OOS schools too (based on my research from previous year's threads). Also, Baylor could lose students to full-rides from other TMDSAS schools.
cupcakeliberty1
Full Member
Im bored at work and could be wrong but I think about it more as OOS and IS are completely separate, so for the sake of easy numbers 800 interviewed and 200 matriculated. If we have a 500 WL that's 300 acceptances offered, 100 declined/lost during the matchFrom MSARS we see that for Baylor:
That information is official and from Baylor itself. Let's see if we can make some educated guesses about post-II to Acceptance rate.
- 1061 applicants Interviewed (823 IS, 238 OOS)
- 226 Matriculated (198 IS, 27 OOS, 1 Intl)
- 500-550 were Waitlist
- 25 Accepted off of Waitlist
Previously I remember reading that anyone interviewed but not accepted would get Waitlist. So with some simple math can we assume that:
Does that sound like it could be right? That seems like a very low yield rate for Baylor (roughly 40%). Which means that the Offered number I'm using is probably just hopeful optimism on my part. I would guess a post-II to Acceptance rate of closer to 35% than 50% but hoping to see other thoughts on this.
- 511-561 were Offered, with the rest going into Waitlist?
- 310-360 off those Offers were Declined, leaving 201 applicants who Accepted and Matriculated
- 25 were Accepted off of Waitlist, bringing the total Matriculation up to 226
- And likely some other Offers were made to the Waitlist but those applicants had already moved on
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, my Offered number does feel too high to me too but didn't have anything else to go off of other than Waitlist numbers.I think your guesses for the number of offers is too high, and the sequence is a little different because of TMDSAS Match
TMDSAS applicants who get several offers get narrowed down to one school on match day, so I guess you could look at those as students who “turned down the offer” by ranking a different school higher. Later in the process some will leave for an OOS offer they prefer and those holes will be filled in from the WL. Those will count in the number of total offers
I assume that even with the Match system that anytime they rank a student that would be considered an Offer. It's just that with the pre-match process, some percentage of the applicants have some transparency into the process and potentially have the opportunity to actively 'turn down' the Baylor offer vs not knowing if an offer was turned down when they happen to rank some other school ahead.
Most of the time that's how I look at it since I'm in IS and mainly care about those percentages. But with 27 OOS matriculants and the fact that I would imagine the yield rate for OOS is much lower than IS students, that might have taken 50 OOS offers to get those 27 OOS students. So it's not an insignificant number.Im bored at work and could be wrong but I think about it more as OOS and IS are completely separate, so for the sake of easy numbers 800 interviewed and 200 matriculated. If we have a 500 WL that's 300 acceptances offered, 100 declined/lost during the match
dustycrusader
Full Member
Baylor Tuesday IS II +1!!! Complete 6/17
Last edited:
axpathetic
Full Member
IS II just now, complete 7/14!
+1 IS II, LM 77, Complete 6/24!!
axpathetic
Full Member
If this info is correct, there really isn't a lot of waitlist movement at all, which probably explains why Baylor can afford to extend offers to only 280 students (at least according to admit.org). I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the high yield on what many people consider to be the best TMDSAS school.From MSARS we see that for Baylor:
- 1061 applicants Interviewed (823 IS, 238 OOS)
- 226 Matriculated (198 IS, 27 OOS, 1 Intl)
- 500-550 were Waitlist
- 25 Accepted off of Waitlist
Congrats on the super strong cycle so far.If this info is correct, there really isn't a lot of waitlist movement at all, which probably explains why Baylor can afford to extend offers to only 280 students (at least according to admit.org). I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the high yield on what many people consider to be the best TMDSAS school.
I wonder where admit.org gets their numbers since it's not on MSARS.
extrapolation?Congrats on the super strong cycle so far.
I wonder where admit.org gets their numbers since it's not on MSARS.
US News report data as wellextrapolation?
So baylor's post interview acceptance rate is about 20-25%?US News report data as well
dustycrusader
Full Member
The match certainly complicates things! I know it's a scary figure, but I wouldn't worry about it since it is out of our control.So baylor's post interview acceptance rate is about 20-25%?
Is baylor prematch heavy?The match certainly complicates things! I know it's a scary figure, but I wouldn't worry about it since it is out of our control.
In the past they have sent out a couple of rounds of pre-matches, but their first one has been in November 🦃, not October 🎃.Is baylor prematch heavy?
Thank you for letting me know 😅. I just thought they said oct 15 is the first day we may hear back from them! But I guess november it is!In the past they have sent out a couple of rounds of pre-matches, but their first one has been in November 🦃, not October 🎃.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For a lot of the schools it does happen on Oct 15th but for Baylor it is mid-November (13-17th-ish).Thank you for letting me know 😅. I just thought they said oct 15 is the first day we may hear back from them! But I guess november it is!
D
deleted1185507
Hope everyone here gets blessed w that pre-match on the first day, especially you TMDSASSY
You're very sweet. Thank you! Wishing everyone the best and hoping to be future classmates.Hope everyone here gets blessed w that pre-match on the first day, especially you TMDSASSY
Do letter of intents or thank you letters matter for baylor?I interviewed last week. Is it too early to send a letter of intent?
schools usually rank you right after the interview so a thank you note is just for courtesy purposes - LOIs might matter more post Match but even then it’s very school dependent (I.e Mayo)
So then arent early interviewees at a disadvantage? Bc your file gets used as "benchmark" to rank future students?schools usually rank you right after the interview so a thank you note is just for courtesy purposes - LOIs might matter more post Match but even then it’s very school dependent (I.e Mayo)
The later ones are at a disadvantage because they have to measure up to you !So then arent early interviewees at a disadvantage? Bc your file gets used as "benchmark" to rank future students?
I guess it is glass half empty vs glass half full 😂. Thank you!The later ones are at a disadvantage because they have to measure up to you !
It’s impossible to tell. Last year Baylor prematched about 1/3 of their class (per Dr. Vallejo) but we don’t know how many of those ended up at Baylor since the match algorithm takes care of everything.Out of curiosity, how true is the sentiment that those with pre-matches here may head to AMCAS schools, or to UTSW Dell Long etc.... won't the movement cancel out with other students choosing BCM over UTSW, like a swap almost? Waiting for November's pre-match is inspiring some crazy thoughts.
I believe I saw somewhere that Baylor offered 25 acceptances from the waitlist last year so post match day the movement is fairly slow.
Baylor themselves is explicit about stating they are not prematch heavy. So, I don't think there's much use in banking on hearing from them prior to at least match day. And even after that, yes, you can be essentially certain that some number of people will move on to OOS or other IS options.Out of curiosity, how true is the sentiment that those with pre-matches here may head to AMCAS schools, or to UTSW Dell Long etc.... won't the movement cancel out with other students choosing BCM over UTSW, like a swap almost? Waiting for November's pre-match is inspiring some crazy thoughts.
1/3 lowkey sounds like a lot no?It’s impossible to tell. Last year Baylor prematched about 1/3 of their class (per Dr. Vallejo) but we don’t know how many of those ended up at Baylor since the match algorithm takes care of everything.
I believe I saw somewhere that Baylor offered 25 acceptances from the waitlist last year so post match day the movement is fairly slow.
It does, but other schools will prematch upwards of half (if not more) of their class.1/3 lowkey sounds like a lot no?
Ultimately it doesn’t matter because the match sorts things out. All those prematches may very well end up at other schools. Either way, match day is ultimately what a vast majority of y’all will be looking forward to. I don’t have any numbers off the top of my head but it’s pretty rare that someone’s cycle is really over before match day here. Getting a prematch in general is pretty rare (think about it; roughly 70 prematches at baylor for over 1000 people interviewed is a tiny amount) and the odds of that prematch being your top choice is also going to be small.
I know the waiting game is awful - you can see my posts last year cycle to attest to that. Hang in there - you’re just a few months away <3
axpathetic
Full Member
Does anyone have the link to the "Information for Applicants Brochure" that is linked on Baylor's website and in the interview email? The current link on the website/email is broken.
pulsatilepony
Full Member
I did a quick Google search and found a pdf to the one from last year: https://cdn.bcm.edu/sites/default/f...klet-2024-school-of-medicine-report_final.pdf
Truth be told all of the information you need about the school is either a. Published online or b. Addressed during the presentations on interview day
Truth be told all of the information you need about the school is either a. Published online or b. Addressed during the presentations on interview day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anecdotally from an Admitted student who met the expected classmates this year in May - people keep leaving in May and June because they got off waitlists at more prestigious universities on AMCAS. At least one went to Harvard and another to Columbia or another Ivy.Out of curiosity, how true is the sentiment that those with pre-matches here may head to AMCAS schools, or to UTSW Dell Long etc.... won't the movement cancel out with other students choosing BCM over UTSW, like a swap almost? Waiting for November's pre-match is inspiring some crazy thoughts.
Just completed the interview! Wow, this presentation really just blew me away. The culture genuinely seems to try to cultivate learning and collaboration with as little stress as possible (also mentioned how antiquated/subjective clinical rotation grades were). They emphasized student autonomy and flexibility in the curriculum, treating students as if they knew how they studied best, which I appreciated.
2 attempts on each exam (P/F) with feedback on what subjects you missed before the second attempt. 2 days off a week for you to determine what to do. (EC's, research,ect)
Interviewers were extremely kind, complimentary, and well-researched on my application. Really just emphasized that if you were there to interview, you had nothing else to prove and were wanted, which was cool!
No gotcha questions —extremely relaxed interview. So please don't worry; just know your app and you'll do great!
Really bumped Baylor up my list!
2 attempts on each exam (P/F) with feedback on what subjects you missed before the second attempt. 2 days off a week for you to determine what to do. (EC's, research,ect)
Interviewers were extremely kind, complimentary, and well-researched on my application. Really just emphasized that if you were there to interview, you had nothing else to prove and were wanted, which was cool!
No gotcha questions —extremely relaxed interview. So please don't worry; just know your app and you'll do great!
Really bumped Baylor up my list!
axpathetic
Full Member
Seconded, the repeated emphasis of the collaborative nature of the curriculum gave me a lot of reasons to choose them, and even as someone who considers UTSW > Baylor, it really had me sweating over my rankings
maybefuturedoctor7
Full Member
Hi everyone! Does anyone know if Baylor accepts thank-you notes, and if so, where should they be sent? I don't remember them covering it during interview day but maybe I missed something. Thanks!
They do. It's in your portal.Hi everyone! Does anyone know if Baylor accepts thank-you notes, and if so, where should they be sent? I don't remember them covering it during interview day but maybe I missed something. Thanks!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K