2025-2026 Creighton

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS A Phoenix after being put on the alternate list! 🙂
How long did it take? Did you attend the admissions feedback session or send an update? I just got placed on the alternate list for Phoenix myself this morning. The interview was on 12/1.
 
How long did it take? Did you attend the admissions feedback session or send an update? I just got placed on the alternate list for Phoenix myself this morning. The interview was on 12/1.
Put on alt list end of Nov. I met with an advisor and submitted an update
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many people get accepted per campus post ii? And if I interviewed in January, are most spots already filled up on both campuses?
 
Does anyone know how many people get accepted per campus post ii? And if I interviewed in January, are most spots already filled up on both campuses?
I believe it is 120 for Phoenix and 130 for Omaha! I don't think either is full and they also do clear many off their waitlist historically, so a spot will likely open up if one of the campuses is full.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm considering post-A requesting a swap from the NE to AZ campus. This is due to personal reasons (my family is in CA and my dad was recently diagnosed with a health issue that will make it hard for him to travel, so I want to be in closer proximity). I have two questions --

1) Does anyone know how likely it is that this swap is possible?
2) I have seen some express concerns about lack of research for AZ students and overall opportunities not being the same, can anyone speak to this? Is an MD from Creighton AZ not considered as rigorous by residencies as one from Creighton NE? For context I am not interested in super competitive specialties.
 
I'm considering post-A requesting a swap from the NE to AZ campus. This is due to personal reasons (my family is in CA and my dad was recently diagnosed with a health issue that will make it hard for him to travel, so I want to be in closer proximity). I have two questions --

1) Does anyone know how likely it is that this swap is possible?
2) I have seen some express concerns about lack of research for AZ students and overall opportunities not being the same, can anyone speak to this? Is an MD from Creighton AZ not considered as rigorous by residencies as one from Creighton NE? For context I am not interested in super competitive specialties.


As for the swap, look at timestamp 26 and I can’t remember the timestamp for research but they talk about it in Arizona and basically say it’s mostly all clinical research as they don’t have the benefit of having the undergrad there
 
OOS A! Does anyone know if the deposit is nonrefundable?
I assume it is probably nonrefundable like most med programs, but congrats, future doc!
Man Body GIF
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who got an A, should those of us still waiting be looking for an email or a call? If it’s a call is it just the standard admissions office line? I want to save it as a contact so it doesn’t get filtered as spam.
 
For those who got an A, should those of us still waiting be looking for an email or a call? If it’s a call is it just the standard admissions office line? I want to save it as a contact so it doesn’t get filtered as spam.
It should be in the email! I don't believe we received a call 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad