You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
scratchindreamer
Full Member
i’m guessing i got deferred bc i didn’t hear anything yesterday
hybridome
New Member
I think you're fine, seems no decisions were released at all yesterday... strange year loli’m guessing i got deferred bc i didn’t hear anything yesterday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jazzysocks18
Full Member
If I'm interested in the PAP program, is it acceptable to send a letter of interest explicitly stating fit and desire?
Yes. They would love to know who is interested in PAP.If I'm interested in the PAP program, is it acceptable to send a letter of interest explicitly stating fit and desire?
Anyone who is deferred is notified.i’m guessing i got deferred bc i didn’t hear anything yesterday
Congrats!! Did they call or email??OOS A!!
Congrats!! Did they call or email??
jgoestoschool
Full Member
+1 IS DD :/
latinocapybara
New Member
+1 OOS DD 🙁
+1 IS DD. Anyone know the odds of coming off DD?
jgoestoschool
Full Member
Wondering the same. Based on looking through past threads, it does seem like a lot of people end up on DD but I kind of feel like I'm just speculating and I wish I had some more concrete information. This process is not for the weak 😭+1 IS DD. Anyone know the odds of coming off DD?
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
UIC has a very high post-II acceptance rate. I got DD last year in October and got accepted in December. They do it slowly to ensure that they still have spots for people interviewing in the future too+1 IS DD. Anyone know the odds of coming off DD?
scratchindreamer
Full Member
what campus were u able to get placed in?UIC has a very high post-II acceptance rate. I got DD last year in October and got accepted in December. They do it slowly to ensure that they still have spots for people interviewing in the future too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
I ended up with Peoria, but looking back I didn't really give them a solid reason why I wanted Chicago. OOS tuition is insane so I ended up elsewhere hahawhat campus were u able to get placed in?
yogurtparfait
Full Member
congrats!! did you click "accept offer" on the portal after your acceptance? just want to confirm this is nonbindingYes, forgot to post yesterday but got the A!!
angrydog123
Full Member
OOS DD
FreyjaNevaeh
Full Member
Can anyone tell me if the interview is closed or open file? And for the mmi portion, do we get a minute or two to think on the question?
The faculty one-on-one has you file, MMI I am not sure if they do. For the MMI they will say you can take a second to collect your thought before answering but there is no predefined time that I rememberCan anyone tell me if the interview is closed or open file? And for the mmi portion, do we get a minute or two to think on the question?
ihavenobackupplan
Full Member
+1 OOS II 🙂
therealhunterbiden
Full Member
For those who interviewed 10/23 or 10/24, do you know when we are supposed to hear back?
ihavenobackupplan
Full Member
would also like to know this! and is it open or closed file??+1 OOS II, completed 7/27
is the interview format the 7 MMI + one faculty interview?
latinocapybara
New Member
Yes, the one faculty interview felt really chill. Seven rounds of MMI was a little tiring but not too bad either.+1 OOS II, completed 7/27
is the interview format the 7 MMI + one faculty interview?
ihavenobackupplan
Full Member
how long were the mmi stations? and was the interview open or closed file?Yes, the one faculty interview felt really chill. Seven rounds of MMI was a little tiring but not too bad either.
latinocapybara
New Member
It was 7 minutes per station. 2 minutes to read the prompt and think about your answer, and 5 minutes give your answer and answer other follow up questions. I don't remember if the interview was open or closed file, sorryhow long were the mmi stations? and was the interview open or closed file?
ihavenobackupplan
Full Member
thank you!It was 7 minutes per station. 2 minutes to read the prompt and think about your answer, and 5 minutes give your answer and answer other follow up questions. I don't remember if the interview was open or closed file, sorry
Shadowdude564
Full Member
I believe some more As should be coming out around nov 1st from what I’ve heard
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
therealhunterbiden
Full Member
What date did you interview?+1 IS A
therealhunterbiden
Full Member
What date did you interview?OOS DD
well i'm ED so its binding regardless but yes i pressed itcongrats!! did you click "accept offer" on the portal after your acceptance? just want to confirm this is nonbinding
i believe open file but my interviewer still acted as if it were closed. they do know all your stuff tho, i was told from students on adcomhow long were the mmi stations? and was the interview open or closed file?
therealhunterbiden
Full Member
Mine was definitely open. My faculty interviewer told me he had my file pulled up on one of his screenshow long were the mmi stations? and was the interview open or closed file?
FreyjaNevaeh
Full Member
Yikes, my interviewee played me real bad. She acted like she didn’t know a thing about me and I fell for it 😔Mine was definitely open. My faculty interviewer told me he had my file pulled up on one of his screens
was it a student interviewer? Sometimes they don't show students your whole fileYikes, my interviewee played me real bad. She acted like she didn’t know a thing about me and I fell for it 😔
Mine also acted this way, it probably went totally fine lolYikes, my interviewee played me real bad. She acted like she didn’t know a thing about me and I fell for it 😔
ihavenobackupplan
Full Member
this might have been asked already but do they accept thank you letters? and where can we send them
applicantapplicant
New Member
Is there a group chat for Peoria campus accepted applicants?
like post-interview? you can email them to anyone who interviewed you, but the dean does heavily stress that you do not need to feel pressured to send one. if you remember the name of the faculty member that interviewed you, you can look them up in the school directory for their emailthis might have been asked already but do they accept thank you letters? and where can we send them
ihavenobackupplan
Full Member
thank you!like post-interview? you can email them to anyone who interviewed you, but the dean does heavily stress that you do not need to feel pressured to send one. if you remember the name of the faculty member that interviewed you, you can look them up in the school directory for their email
ihavenobackupplan
Full Member
i think they send out decisions once a month. last year they sent them out nov 22, so maybe (???) around thenAny idea when people who interviewed late October (10/24) should be hearing back with decisions
Students are not a part of the interview process, they do a q&a during interview day but it is just to answer applicant questions and has no bearing in your evaluation. From what i remember, the faculty interview is partial open, likely no stats but they can see your activities/volunteer i believe. That said, mine also didn’t ask any questions about my application directly and i still got the Awas it a student interviewer? Sometimes they don't show students your whole file
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We probably have to wait until Monday. Decisions last month came out 3 days after the Thursday meeting too.Any news today?
therealhunterbiden
Full Member
This wait is killin meWe probably have to wait until Monday. Decisions last month came out 3 days after the Thursday meeting too.
I just kind of assumed they'd come out today because last year they came out on the 3rd Friday of November. This wait is truly going to be the death of me 😭We probably have to wait until Monday. Decisions last month came out 3 days after the Thursday meeting too.
ihavenobackupplan
Full Member
They released the first decisions on October 20th, which was a Monday. So maybe we will hear back on Monday, too! It's been 5 weeks, so it seems about right.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K