2025-2026 Illinois

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Practice MMI scenarios and know your ethics. Also, for the interview with faculty, definitely have your tell me about yourself down— I can guarantee it will be one of your first few questions.
Thanks so much!!! Would you say most of the MMI is ethical/hypothetical scenarios or any personal questions too like “tell me about a time when” ones?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know how helpful UIC COM is in terms of financial aid and merit scholarship. Or what marks you need to have to get the merit scholarship?
 
anyone know how helpful UIC COM is in terms of financial aid and merit scholarship. Or what marks you need to have to get the merit scholarship?
Financial aid and COA is determined by federal guidelines. You’ll get what the guidelines state.

For merit scholarships, that’s a bit of mystery regarding how an applicant qualifies. Most scholarships don’t amount to much considering UICOM does not have a huge endowment. All applicants are eligible and you don’t have to apply to them. They are typically mission fit types of scholarships and are focused on academic performance, community involvement, and research. Scholarships are typically offered in the spring.
 
is anyone else not able to access the document status tab in the portal?
Error  AMP.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone give me any insight on their post bac program? Grateful i got the chance to interview for it but I would love to know more information about it that their website does not cover. I'd appreciate any help, thank you!
 
For those who sent a letter of interest/update letter, how soon after did you hear back about an interview, if applicable? I sent mine Dec. 17th but nothing as of now. Not sure how much it helps
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I'm a current M2 at the Peoria campus and just wanted to drop a quick message to let you know I'm available to answer any questions about med school here at UICOM! It's a great school and as we are entering dedicated for Step1, I've really enjoyed my preclinical experience, so I'm happy to answer any questions at all! Highly recommend everyone attend open house events and second-look days as well to get some more insights into a day in the life but just wanted to say that no matter what stage you are in the application cycle to trust the process!
 
Hey everyone! I'm a current M2 at the Peoria campus and just wanted to drop a quick message to let you know I'm available to answer any questions about med school here at UICOM! It's a great school and as we are entering dedicated for Step1, I've really enjoyed my preclinical experience, so I'm happy to answer any questions at all! Highly recommend everyone attend open house events and second-look days as well to get some more insights into a day in the life but just wanted to say that no matter what stage you are in the application cycle to trust the process!
Hi! Thank you so much 🙂
Would love to know any insights you have for how UIC assigns students to campuses. Did you talk extensively about your fit for Peoria, and you were assigned the campus?
 
Hey everyone! I'm a current M2 at the Peoria campus and just wanted to drop a quick message to let you know I'm available to answer any questions about med school here at UICOM! It's a great school and as we are entering dedicated for Step1, I've really enjoyed my preclinical experience, so I'm happy to answer any questions at all! Highly recommend everyone attend open house events and second-look days as well to get some more insights into a day in the life but just wanted to say that no matter what stage you are in the application cycle to trust the process!
how can I get them to send me an II invite lol
 
Hey everyone! I'm a current M2 at the Peoria campus and just wanted to drop a quick message to let you know I'm available to answer any questions about med school here at UICOM! It's a great school and as we are entering dedicated for Step1, I've really enjoyed my preclinical experience, so I'm happy to answer any questions at all! Highly recommend everyone attend open house events and second-look days as well to get some more insights into a day in the life but just wanted to say that no matter what stage you are in the application cycle to trust the process!
Thank you for offering! I would love to hear if you have any advice for upcoming interviewees! I'm especially nervous for my trad interview since they can basically ask anything LOL
 
Do you remember what day they said the committee would be meeting together? Was it today?
I think they said they will review yesterday (the committee meets every 3rd Thursday of the month). If they don't get to an applicant yesterday, they will be presented at next month's meeting. Historically, they release decisions the next day (today) or the following week (Mon or Tues)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone on here think there are still interview invite spots left? It looks like a good amount of people have already gotten interviews and acceptances
 
does anyone on here think there are still interview invite spots left? It looks like a good amount of people have already gotten interviews and acceptances
On the school's website you can see that their timeline says interviews go out between August and February.

Any updates for them? send them soon!