You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
therealhunterbiden
Full Member
I also interviewed 10/24 and have been DD since. I’m OOS though. This is a painful boat to be in, but glad to hear I’m not in it aloneNo IS decisions? Interviewed 10/24 and have been DD ever since. Anyone else in the same boat?
553medicine
Full Member
Any acceptances today from this past weeks interviews?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The campus assignment process is done behind closed doors, so we really have no insights into how they place students in each campus, and I believe once your campus is assigned that it is a final decision. I personally also preferenced Chicago as my first and Peoria as my second, but I've really come to love and enjoy my experience here a lot! The smaller class size and more 1on1 time with faculty, especially clinical professors have really made my clinical skills a lot stronger in my opinion and I've appreciated the personalized feedback too over the course of my preclinical years!Hi! Thank you so much 🙂
Would love to know any insights you have for how UIC assigns students to campuses. Did you talk extensively about your fit for Peoria, and you were assigned the campus?
If you haven't already, I would highly recommend sending perhaps a letter of interest with any updates you've had since submitting your secondary and also as a means to reaffirm your interest in UICOM. That's not to say you'd guarantee yourself an II but it could bring your application some light and shed some new perspective onto who you are as an applicant!how can I get them to send me an II invite lol
I would say just be yourself and I know that's pretty cliche but they mostly want to put a name/personality to the application, so know your application, but don't stress yourself out too much because they truly just want to get to know you more as a person!Thank you for offering! I would love to hear if you have any advice for upcoming interviewees! I'm especially nervous for my trad interview since they can basically ask anything LOL
thank you for your advice!! tbh, my interview is coming up and i have definitely been spiralling and over-preparing, especially for the trad interview which i'm especially nervous about...do you find that they ask simple fun questions just to get to know you, or if they dig into your application or try to get your opinions on macro issues?I would say just be yourself and I know that's pretty cliche but they mostly want to put a name/personality to the application, so know your application, but don't stress yourself out too much because they truly just want to get to know you more as a person!
futureMD2031
New Member
OOS A on 1/16
Really want to attend the Chicago campus but unlikely d/t the egregiously high OOS tuition. Please give me a scholarship!
Really want to attend the Chicago campus but unlikely d/t the egregiously high OOS tuition. Please give me a scholarship!
undueclearance11
Full Member
Has anyone had any luck submitting a letter of interest after getting DD and then got accepted?
beyoncestan2025
New Member
Interested in your experience with your second choice campus and maybe how you dealt with the initial disappointment of not getting your first choice (if any)! Do you find yourself traveling to Chicago often since it was your first choice? Also, do you feel you have enough time to be social/travel/hangout with friends on the Peoria campus? Would love your perspective—also best of luck with STEP studying!The campus assignment process is done behind closed doors, so we really have no insights into how they place students in each campus, and I believe once your campus is assigned that it is a final decision. I personally also preferenced Chicago as my first and Peoria as my second, but I've really come to love and enjoy my experience here a lot! The smaller class size and more 1on1 time with faculty, especially clinical professors have really made my clinical skills a lot stronger in my opinion and I've appreciated the personalized feedback too over the course of my preclinical years!
beyoncestan2025
New Member
nope, it's a surprise! you learn about your interviewer on the day of your interviewfor anybody that has interviewed - is the name of your trad interviewer shared with you ahead of the interview date?
beyoncestan2025
New Member
congratulations!OOS A on 1/16
Really want to attend the Chicago campus but unlikely d/t the egregiously high OOS tuition. Please give me a scholarship!
I submitted a letter of interest/update letter in December after getting a DD in November and got accepted last week!Has anyone had any luck submitting a letter of interest after getting DD and then got accepted?
when is your interviewUpcoming interview. Are the interviews 1 on 1 open /close file or MMI?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can i ask your lizzy score+1 OOS A, interviewed 11/12, DD 11/26
undueclearance11
Full Member
thats great, congrats!! did you have significant updates? i'm debating if its still worth sending a letter of interest after getting put on DD without big updates, as i already shared most of my updates with them in a pre-ii update letter.I submitted a letter of interest/update letter in December after getting a DD in November and got accepted last week!
It was definitely more of a letter of interest than a major update for me. I mentioned some new volunteering, talked about why I felt I’d be a great fit for the school, and tied in a few things we discussed during my interview.thats great, congrats!! did you have significant updates? i'm debating if its still worth sending a letter of interest after getting put on DD without big updates, as i already shared most of my updates with them in a pre-ii update letter.
Do you feel like a pre-II update letter helped? I was complete in september and haven't heard anythingthats great, congrats!! did you have significant updates? i'm debating if its still worth sending a letter of interest after getting put on DD without big updates, as i already shared most of my updates with them in a pre-ii update letter.
not sure if it means anything, but I sent an update letter late Dec/early Jan and received an interview invite in late JanDo you feel like a pre-II update letter helped? I was complete in september and haven't heard anything
I submitted a letter of intent on 1/10. It might have been too late for them to review that during the deliberations. Hoping that it may play a factor next month. I believe others have sent an LOI and they were accepted, but no one can be sure if that's the reason why. I do think its worth a shot!Has anyone had any luck submitting a letter of interest after getting DD and then got accepted?
flatpepper
New Member
I sent one as well in December after no luck moving off the DD since November. Starting to lose a little bit of hope judging that theres only 3 ‘decision’ days left and I haven’t moved in the past few🙁 How many updates/LOIs is too many lolI submitted a letter of intent on 1/10. It might have been too late for them to review that during the deliberations. Hoping that it may play a factor next month. I believe others have sent an LOI and they were accepted, but no one can be sure if that's the reason why. I do think its worth a shot!
D
deleted1232739
Hello everyone, just wanted to ask where I should send an update letter/letter of interest to. Any specific emails or just to the general admissions email?
jgoestoschool
Full Member
I would just upload it to the UICOM portal under the documents section. When you do, it lets you designate what type of letter it is.Hello everyone, just wanted to ask where I should send an update letter/letter of interest to. Any specific emails or just to the general admissions email?
D
deleted1232739
Sounds good, thank you.I would just upload it to the UICOM portal under the documents section. When you do, it lets you designate what type of letter it is.
I've really enjoyed the smaller city and the cheaper cost of living! Everyone here is also super friendly and welcoming and definitely feels like there are still plenty of opportunities for clinical immersion and things of that nature. Definitely have enough time to spend time with friends on the Peoria campus as well!Interested in your experience with your second choice campus and maybe how you dealt with the initial disappointment of not getting your first choice (if any)! Do you find yourself traveling to Chicago often since it was your first choice? Also, do you feel you have enough time to be social/travel/hangout with friends on the Peoria campus? Would love your perspective—also best of luck with STEP studying!
futureMD2031
New Member
How long did it take you guys to get your campus assignment? And did they email it or do you have to check the portal?
itsTuesday!
Full Member
for those who have sent in letters of interest/intent via the portal, have they sent any form of confirmation?
therealhunterbiden
Full Member
I never received anythingfor those who have sent in letters of interest/intent via the portal, have they sent any form of confirmation?
Sonechko
Full Member
It took me over 6 weeks, although I remember them saying that the closer your acceptance was to decision day the sooner they will let you know about your campus. And they emailed the update.How long did it take you guys to get your campus assignment? And did they email it or do you have to check the portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fivequarteyestrain
New Member
They probably won't send any confirmation. Just trustfor those who have sent in letters of interest/intent via the portal, have they sent any form of confirmation?
yogurtparfait
Full Member
Hi! Does anyone have info about admitted students day tomorrow, or the link to the website with info? I wasn't initially able to go but my plans changed and I'm now in town so I'd love to go, but don't have much info about it. Thanks!
applicantapplicant
New Member
Is there a peoria campus accepted students group me?
yogurtparfait
Full Member
Hi! How do I join the accepted students group me?
rivelneeuq
Full Member
hi does anyone have the groupme for peoria! going to the open house on friday!
Shadowdude564
Full Member
Said this before but it’s a few pages back now, Got a GroupMe going for Chicago, dm me!
How many people are in it right now? Trying to get a gauge of how many people have been placed in Chicago so far. 🙃Said this before but it’s a few pages back now, Got a GroupMe going for Chicago, dm me!
website says IIs get sent out august-februaryare they still sending out interview invites?
553medicine
Full Member
This is my top school and I’m so nervous!! Hoping to hear good news this Feb. Do we think they’ll get to the Jan interviews?
slippysalamander03
Full Member
+1 OOS II, received it yesterday (2-4) at 4:45 pm EST
Shadowdude564
Full Member
23!How many people are in it right now? Trying to get a gauge of how many people have been placed in Chicago so far. 🙃
bearyhappy
Full Member
How does the campus placement work? Is it based on the two schools mentioned in the secondary prompt?
Sonechko
Full Member
I heard from admissions and from students that the placement is sometimes random. They do their best to match you to your campus but it is not guaranteed? Like there was a student who mentioned they wanted Peoria but were placed in Chicago. So it really is kind of random. I do think that if you have a strong argument about why you want a specific campus then you should include that.How does the campus placement work? Is it based on the two schools mentioned in the secondary prompt?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bearyhappy
Full Member
Got it! I just received an II and was just curious if it was like a form people receive if they are accepted or if it was based on what I wrote about in AugustI heard from admissions and from students that the placement is sometimes random. They do their best to match you to your campus but it is not guaranteed? Like there was a student who mentioned they wanted Peoria but were placed in Chicago. So it really is kind of random. I do think that if you have a strong argument about why you want a specific campus then you should include that.
Sonechko
Full Member
Once you are accepted , there will be a section in your portal to list the 3 campuses and add any comments. With that being said, if you really want to be at a certain campus, then put emphasis on that during your interview and ofc in the portal once acceptedGot it! I just received an II and was just curious if it was like a form people receive if they are accepted or if it was based on what I wrote about in August
applicantapplicant
New Member
I was placed in Peoria campus and I am from the city. Do you think there is any chance I could get the placement changed? Or is it dumb to even try
Anyone applied for any scholarly concentration programs and/or know anything about when we would hear back about getting into the SCPs?
bearyhappy
Full Member
Hey yall! Any advice for this school’s interview/MMI? Super excited to have gotten a II this point in the cycle🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K