2025-2026 Indiana

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS II, for the letters, I thought they used the amcas letters but the supllemental information makes it seem otherwise. I may be dumb and reading it incorrectly. Could anyone clarify because their website didn't exactly clear it up.
hi! just curious, when did your indiana app confirmation come in? I am OOS as well, and I just got the email confirmation (though I was verified back in June)
 
+1 OOS II, for the letters, I thought they used the amcas letters but the supllemental information makes it seem otherwise. I may be dumb and reading it incorrectly. Could anyone clarify because their website didn't exactly clear it up.
They do use the AMCAS letters but i think they have to manually go in and mark them as complete and i dont think they start manually checking if they're complete until after you submit everything you're supposed to
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am confused by this thread. Is this med school interviews or grad school.
when they send you invite to interview (considered II here) they ask you to send an application through IU's grad school application portal. details will be in the supplemental info accompanying the invite email. that's what everyone is talking about.
 
Also, just in case anybody else was as confused as I was, click the links below the signature at the bottom of the email for the graduate application and stuff. I didn't see those for days and almost missed the 7 day deadline
 
+1 OOS primary received email. Kinda confused because I submitted 5/27 and was verified in early June. Anyone else in a similar boat? Is this and news?
 
+1 OOS primary received email. Kinda confused because I submitted 5/27 and was verified in early June. Anyone else in a similar boat? Is this and news?
same, i only got my primary received email on 7/22... maybe it depends what region you're from? 'im a CA applicant so i'm sure there was no rush to approve mine haha
 
I'm OOS verified early July and still haven't gotten my verification... seems like they're just slowly churning their way through the applications
 
Also, has anyone else gotten the invitation to apply to the UMP program? Trying to figure out if this is something they send to everyone / lots of people or if I should actually follow up with them about it.
 
does anyone know if indiana sends rejection emails around the same time as interview invites or at all
 
I think that your letters are fine? It says that the Grad Application must be submitted first. I think that your letters will show up after they manually link the grad school application and the applicant portal. I'm being a little neurotic because it says that the Grad Application must be paid for in seven days and then in the application portal it says that it takes 7 days to link the Grad Application. Is there anything else that I need to right now?
+1 OOS II, for the letters, I thought they used the amcas letters but the supllemental information makes it seem otherwise. I may be dumb and reading it incorrectly. Could anyone clarify because their website didn't exactly clear it up.
 
Also, has anyone else gotten the invitation to apply to the UMP program? Trying to figure out if this is something they send to everyone / lots of people or if I should actually follow up with them about it.
i and someone i know both got the UMP program email and we both live in Indy. I think they send that to people based on address, and a lot of people probably got the email. I got it pretty much immediately after they sent the email confirming they received my primary.
 
Also, has anyone else gotten the invitation to apply to the UMP program? Trying to figure out if this is something they send to everyone / lots of people or if I should actually follow up with them about it.
I looked it up when I got that too, and it's to people that have decent academics and come from a rural/underserved background. So while I don't think it's especially hard to receive, there are metrics they look at.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when they send an interview date? Is it after everything in the applicant portal is checked, because my letters of recommendation and prereqs still remain unchecked? And my deans evaluation too but that's just because my undergraduate institution is slow.
 
Does anyone know when they send an interview date? Is it after everything in the applicant portal is checked, because my letters of recommendation and prereqs still remain unchecked? And my deans evaluation too but that's just because my undergraduate institution is slow.
The supplemental information sheet says that an interview cannot be scheduled until you pay the grad app fee, submit the virtual form, letters of rec verified, dean of students form, and legal disclosure is uploaded. It goes on to say none of this will be updated until 7 days after the initial email.
 
I got the II 07/17, but I am still not seeing anything get updated (LORs, Dean's letter, and prerequisites all say not received still).
 
Can anyone share the confirmation email title for Indiana? I'm trying to check if I received it or not, and I have so many emails to go through to make sure.
 
i got verified a week ago and still have not received any confirmation that they received my primary application. Should I be worried? Should I email them?
 
i got verified a week ago and still have not received any confirmation that they received my primary application. Should I be worried? Should I email them?
I was verified early July and still haven't received confirmation... I think they're just slowly working through all of them (especially if OOS)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received II 07/24. Same, no Dean's Evaluation, LOR, or prerequisite information is updated
I got the same thing, but my prerequisites were completed, but the dean's evaluation and LOR were not. And it's been a couple weeks since I received the secondary
 
Did anyone who received II 07/24 reach out to the admissions office about the dean's evaluation, LOR, or prerequisite information? I had my dean submit my letter of evaluation on the same day I got the II and I am still waiting for these three items to be checked off on my checklist. Not sure if they are just really backed up with processing or if it was worth sending admissions an email to follow up?
 
I received an interview invite during vacation on Monday, June 28th, and I didn't notice the links at the bottom of the email that contained the 7 day deadline notice. I submitted the necessary items today, Monday, August 4th. Does anyone know if this is okay, or am I screwed?
 
Did anyone who received II 07/24 reach out to the admissions office about the dean's evaluation, LOR, or prerequisite information? I had my dean submit my letter of evaluation on the same day I got the II and I am still waiting for these three items to be checked off on my checklist. Not sure if they are just really backed up with processing or if it was worth sending admissions an email to follow up?
Never hurts to ask think, but I also have submitted my dean's evaluation and letters of recommendation. Just today, August 4th, my letters of recommendation have been checked. But my dean's evaluation and prerequisites remain unchecked. Received my II on the July 22nd. Has anyone here actually received an interview date?
 
I received an interview invite during vacation on Monday, June 28th, and I didn't notice the links at the bottom of the email that contained the 7 day deadline notice. I submitted the necessary items today, Monday, August 4th. Does anyone know if this is okay, or am I screwed?
I imagine you would be fine if you completed steps 1 and 2 today(paid the fee and submitted the virtual form), as today is day 7. Fingers crossed!
 
I received my II on July 17th and I just checked the portal today and it was updated with an interview date. Unfortunately, they didn't give us the option to choose what day we wanted to interview on so I had to email and reschedule so hopefully im not screwed
 
Any UMP folks?
Yes! Received the email yesterday and requested an application. IU sent an approval and link to the application an hour later. Filling out the secondary today🤞

After the secondary app is submitted it looks like they offer a guaranteed interview with traditional and urban committees.
 
Yes! Received the email yesterday and requested an application. IU sent an approval and link to the application an hour later. Filling out the secondary today🤞

After the secondary app is submitted it looks like they offer a guaranteed interview with traditional and urban committees.
Correct. We just submit the supplement app and nothing else right? Only upload the essay questions?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m sorry, I mean I received the confirmation email for an interview and it is scheduled for the 27th
Twins! I got my interview confirmation email today and am scheduled for the 27th too. Original invite was sent on the 15th, so it took a few weeks to get scheduled. Hoping the early interview is a good sign 🤞
 
Twins! I got my interview confirmation email today and am scheduled for the 27th too. Original invite was sent on the 15th, so it took a few weeks to get scheduled. Hoping the early interview is a good sign 🤞
Congrats. If you're IS but not aware, just based on last year's numbers about 72% of those IS interviewed matriculated. So your chances are very good at this point!
 
Can someone confirm that your school can email the dean's evaluation form and doesn't have to physically mail it? Sorry, gettin' a little neurotic