2025-2026 Iowa

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Historically they have sent them every 7 days, but I haven’t seen anyone post anywhere that they have received one.

Does anyone know what time the acceptances went out last week?
Haven't seen anything on Admit today. Not sure when acceptances were last week. First week they sent them out early (~9:00AM).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hoping next round of As gets sent out today.

Jason Sudeikis Good Luck GIF by Apple TV+
 
Do we have an admitted groupme or anything? Too early? Found out my favorite physician at the ED I work at went to Iowa and increased my enthusiasm even more.
 
just an fyi I just interviewed today and they said they are focusing on MSTP applications right now so that’s why MD applications have been slower
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any advice for those who interviewed in-person? I'm OOS with no major ties to Iowa but absolutely love this program! Also, I'm curious about the "unstructured" portion of the interview -- 25 minutes is super short and I'm wondering if I should expect to prepare questions for the interviewers.
 
Any advice for those who interviewed in-person? I'm OOS with no major ties to Iowa but absolutely love this program! Also, I'm curious about the "unstructured" portion of the interview -- 25 minutes is super short and I'm wondering if I should expect to prepare questions for the interviewers.
Not sure about in-person interviews, but I can answer regarding the unstructured interview portion. They ask 3 structured questions that are usually ethics- and service-related (e.g., one of mine was about organ transplants). For the unstructured, they can really talk about anything, but they're blind to your application, so they may sound more like the structured questions (for example, one of my "unstructured" questions was about how I felt about the US healthcare system). They typically ask at least 2-3 of these.

Regarding questions you should prepare, I would have at least 2 questions to ask. I didn't get to ask any since they asked if I had any questions right at the 25 minute mark, but it would be a good idea to have some in case you answer quickly.
 
Not sure about in-person interviews, but I can answer regarding the unstructured interview portion. They ask 3 structured questions that are usually ethics- and service-related (e.g., one of mine was about organ transplants). For the unstructured, they can really talk about anything, but they're blind to your application, so they may sound more like the structured questions (for example, one of my "unstructured" questions was about how I felt about the US healthcare system). They typically ask at least 2-3 of these.

Regarding questions you should prepare, I would have at least 2 questions to ask. I didn't get to ask any since they asked if I had any questions right at the 25 minute mark, but it would be a good idea to have some in case you answer quickly.
This is so helpful, thank you!
 
Any advice for those who interviewed in-person? I'm OOS with no major ties to Iowa but absolutely love this program! Also, I'm curious about the "unstructured" portion of the interview -- 25 minutes is super short and I'm wondering if I should expect to prepare questions for the interviewers.
Same, OOS , no Iowa ties, I interviewed 9/19, and accepted 10/15. I heavily agree with the other response to prepare 1-2 questions beforehand. It goes SO fast so be sure to answer. the. question. asked. Say your answer, if you can a VERY quick personal story where you can highlight an important experience, and get the heck outta there. It goes so so far to be able to say with confidence "and that is my answer" instead of circling the drain.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who interviewed 11/17 hear back yet? I know they said 4-6 weeks, but was just wondering because of the 11/14 interview acceptance mentioned above. OOS applicant here.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad