You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Meharry
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I had a friend apply last cycle who go an interview in February but didn’t receive secondary till like October or November so I don’t think they follow the traditional timelinesIt's September and still haven't received a secondary. Just go ahead and reject me already
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't heard anything. I submitted in August.Has meharry sent any pre secondary rejections or anything? I saw 1 rejection on admit.org but not much else?
MsUniverse
Full Member
Lowkey, I think that rejection on admit.org applied the previous cycle or something and are just updating. I say this because one of their secondaries was submitted on 5/28/2025 to a school, and none of us we're even verified for this cycle at that time.Has meharry sent any pre secondary rejections or anything? I saw 1 rejection on admit.org but not much else?
Last edited:
cleansweep
Full Member
NYIT-COM is a DO school and DO apps opened for submission on 5/5, so I think that R was accurateLowkey, I think that rejection on admit.org applied the previous cycle or something and are just updating. I say this because one of their secondaries was submitted on 5/28/2025 to a school, and none of us we're even verified for this cycle at that time.
Msar shows they have mcat minimums I thinkwhat does meharry screen for before secondaries?
Is anyone else having trouble accessing Meharry Medical College’s website right now? I keep getting either a 404 Not Found error or a Not Secure warning, and I haven’t been able to load the school’s main page. Just trying to figure out if this is a wider issue or something on my end.
Just tried and got the same thing. If anyone wants to email and report this, the admissions email is [email protected]Is anyone else having trouble accessing Meharry Medical College’s website right now? I keep getting either a 404 Not Found error or a Not Secure warning, and I haven’t been able to load the school’s main page. Just trying to figure out if this is a wider issue or something on my end.
Thank you for confirming! I just tried again and it is back up.Just tried and got the same thing. If anyone wants to email and report this, the admissions email is [email protected]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted906592
the first time I applied to this school I didn’t get a secondary until late October. hang in therenahhh meharry are violating me. Just reject me, like I haven't received a secondary yet
mdbarbiexo
Full Member
Has anyone with less than a 505 MCAT received a secondary?
I haveHas anyone with less than a 505 MCAT received a secondary?
chillstill
Full Member
bro I just want to get accepted, this process is tough especially. Can only hope for the best 🙁In addition to the hbcus, what others schools show lots of love for urms? Trying to add a few more schools
Last edited:
It’s brutal brobro I just want to get accepted, this process is tough especially as a black applicant. Can only hope for the best 🙁
Mayajae
Full Member
Outside of HBCUs not alot of schools show love to urms. I've been checking msar for the demographic data and the amount of blacks accepted to non hbcu schools is actually sad (very low, some as low as only 4) and needs to be addressed.In addition to the hbcus, what others schools show lots of love for urms? Trying to add a few more schools
Yeah I looked at tufts— only 4 blacks from 200+ class size. Very sad.Outside of HBCUs not alot of schools show love to urms. I've been checking msar for the demographic data and the amount of blacks accepted to non hbcu schools is actually sad (very low, some as low as only 4) and needs to be addressed.
chillstill
Full Member
Not a single word from any HBCU except charles drew who gave me a presecondary rejection. I am starting to lose hope, maybe it is because im texan or something.It’s brutal bro
chillstill
Full Member
Outside of HBCUs not alot of schools show love to urms. I've been checking msar for the demographic data and the amount of blacks accepted to non hbcu schools is actually sad (very low, some as low as only 4) and needs to be addressed.
Last edited:
Mayajae
Full Member
Don't lose hope yet. If you look at last years thread for HBCU schools Meharry and Howard see more interview invites from January to April. They just run later than most schools. Morehouse also sends out interviews until February.Not a single word from any HBCU except charles drew who gave me a presecondary rejection. I am starting to lose hope, maybe it is because im texan or something.
Mayajae
Full Member
This!!! They only took us because they HAD to. It's so embarrassing seeing my state school only take 14 Black students out of a 250+ class last year.It seems like they only showed love in the past because they HAD to. All those medical school that say "in our program, we love to promote DIVERSITY"=lies. I understand it now.
chillstill
Full Member
I don't think soHave they sent out any II?
cleansweep
Full Member
someone on admit received an II from them on 10/9Have they sent out any II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chillstill
Full Member
Wowsomeone on admit received an II from them on 10/9
MsUniverse
Full Member
I have not received either yet.Anyone still haven’t received a secondary? Or rejection?
Me too, no luck with secondary yetAnyone still haven’t received a secondary? Or rejection?
No secondary either, OOSAnyone still haven’t received a secondary? Or rejection?
chillstill
Full Member
yeAccording to admit.org there were a couple of II sent today :/
Last edited:
Yes they screen I think they require a certain minimum mcat and gpaDoes anyone know if they are screening before sending secondaries? If so, what are the requirements
user06092000
New Member
Is Meharry requiring the CASper test? And if so do we need to take it before getting a secondary?
cleansweep
Full Member
it's required, but not sure if you need to take it to get a secondaryIs Meharry requiring the CASper test? And if so do we need to take it before getting a secondary?
AcceptedInJesusNameAMEN
Full Member
anyone know meharry's policy on update letters?
D
deleted906592
They do require it. I got my secondary after I completed the casper test but before my results were available so who really knows.Is Meharry requiring the CASper test? And if so do we need to take it before getting a secondary?
user06092000
New Member
Has anyone received a secondary recently?
Also still waiting for secondaryHas anyone received a secondary recently?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
goingmerry
Full Member
same 💔 i wanna go to an hbcu and be w my ppl but my hbcu is playing hard to get
no fr 😭same 💔 i wanna go to an hbcu and be w my ppl but my hbcu is playing hard to get
chillstill
Full Member
Any new invites. Tirelessly waiting
future.doc.in.the.making
New Member
Hi everyone, I had a quick question about Meharry. I understand it’s a historically Black medical college (HBCU), but I was wondering about the current student body — is it still predominantly African American, or has it become more diverse in recent years? Just trying to understand the environment better. Thanks!
Mayajae
Full Member
Every HBCU medical school is predominantly Black and Hispanic because that's what it's intended for, to increase underrepresented groups in medicine to care for minority communities. All the four HBCU medical school's still accept ORM students so there is chance if you show it in your app that you want to care for these communities.Hi everyone, I had a quick question about Meharry. I understand it’s a historically Black medical college (HBCU), but I was wondering about the current student body — is it still predominantly African American, or has it become more diverse in recent years? Just trying to understand the environment better. Thanks!
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K