You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Meharry
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
chillstill
Full Member
IT'll be our turn soon hopefully. Praying for that Meharry invite.first few As reported on admit
user06092000
New Member
Has anyone received a secondary recently?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
user06092000
New Member
Or gotten any pre secondary rejections?
Did everyone get a ‘secondary complete’ email?
prouddecision
Full Member
I got a "secondary submitted" emailDid everyone get a ‘secondary complete’ email?
Cinco4321
New Member
BFFR omgI have a friend who didn’t get secondary from meharry till February 😭
Secondary the day before school starts type of crapBFFR omg
mdbarbiexo
Full Member
Has anyone with a sub 500 MCAT received a secondary?
itsTuesday!
Full Member
what is the concensus on Meharry's probation? It's been 3 years, and they still haven't been cleared. Should I be concerned about this?
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
first get admitted then worry about it thenwhat is the concensus on Meharry's probation? It's been 3 years, and they still haven't been cleared. Should I be concerned about this?
Mayajae
Full Member
They are accredited like every other school. The probation won't affect you and other students. It was mainly due to staff shortage thats why they got placed on probation, but seems to have been fixed now. It takes a while for LCME to review the progress same as how it takes years for new schools to open due to having to wait for LCME to start the process. Once LCME reviews it they will be taken off probationwhat is the concensus on Meharry's probation? It's been 3 years, and they still haven't been cleared. Should I be concerned about this?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
itsTuesday!
Full Member
Thank you!They are accredited like every other school. The probation won't affect you and other students. It was mainly due to staff shortage thats why they got placed on probation, but seems to have been fixed now. It takes a while for LCME to review the progress same as how it takes years for new schools to open due to having to wait for LCME to start the process. Once LCME reviews it they will be taking off probation
+1 OOS Secondary received today, submitted today, primary was verified 9/9/2025
Me todayHas anyone with a sub 500 MCAT received a secondary?
I did yesterdayHas anyone with a sub 500 MCAT received a secondary?
Its pretty chill, overall just kinda conversational. Just have some questions prepped for the students interviewing you.I received an OOS II invite today, does anyone have any insight on the student panel portion of the interview?
HighPingFragment
Full Member
It’s also with other students which I thought was weird but it seems like it’s scored because the student panel was taking notes after each answerI received an OOS II invite today, does anyone have any insight on the student panel portion of the interview?
I heard back about ~2-3 weeks after my interview (I think its kinda random though) good luck!When does Meharry start releasing decisions?? I interviewed the 2nd week of October.
maveyey
Full Member
Was it good news?? Because if so I guess I’ll just count myself rejected lolI heard back about ~2-3 weeks after my interview (I think its kinda random though) good luck!
Yes it was an acceptance, but I wouldn't necessarily interpret a longer wait as bad news. If you look on the thread from last year there were people accepted multiple months after their interview. I hope you hear good news soon!Was it good news?? Because if so I guess I’ll just count myself rejected lol
maveyey
Full Member
omg congrats!! i’ll try to stay positive then!Yes it was an acceptance, but I wouldn't necessarily interpret a longer wait as bad news. If you look on the thread from last year there were people accepted multiple months after their interview. I hope you hear good news soon!
chillstill
Full Member
sameMannnn, I wish I had an Interview invite.
I wish a I had a secondaryMannnn, I wish I had an Interview invite.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 to that lollllI wish a I had a secondary View attachment 412042
+1I wish a I had a secondary View attachment 412042
AcceptedInJesusNameAMEN
Full Member
+1 OOS A!!!!! 11/25
Interview invite 10/24, finished all 3 of my interviews by 11/7
complete 9/02
Interview invite 10/24, finished all 3 of my interviews by 11/7
complete 9/02
Mayajae
Full Member
I'm losing my mind.... December next week yet still no secondary.I wish a I had a secondary View attachment 412042
Mayajae
Full Member
Aaahhhh OOS A!! My first one!! I’m gonna be a doctor omggggg!!!
Congrats!!!+1 OOS A!!!!! 11/25
Interview invite 10/24, finished all 3 of my interviews by 11/7
complete 9/02
chillstill
Full Member
I feel you. Did my secondary, must have done something wrong or maybe Texas bias. GhostedI'm losing my mind.... December next week yet still no secondary.
Meharry has Texas bias? Good or bad because Im from Texas lolI feel you. Did my secondary, must have done something wrong or maybe Texas bias. Ghosted
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
when they say ghosted it's usually badMeharry has Texas bias? Good or bad because Im from Texas lol
hopefulsunshine45
New Member
When did you submit your primary? That’s crazy 😮I wish a I had a secondary View attachment 412042
chillstill
Full Member
I've gotten no love whatsoever from OOS. So far, 4 rejections from OOS, yet I've gotten II from only in-state Texas schools. That means there's nothing really wrong with my application. I was complete end of August for all AMCAS schools (I know, I should have done it earlier), but it isn't the end of the world for lateness. I'm sure the bias is impacting me.Meharry has Texas bias? Good or bad because Im from Texas lol
CONGRATULATIONS!!Aaahhhh OOS A!! My first one!! I’m gonna be a doctor omggggg!!!
AcceptedInJesusNameAMEN
Full Member
Meharry has Texas bias? Good or bad because Im from Texas lol
I'm also from TX, and in my student interview, 2 of the medical students and 1 other applicant in my group were also from TX, so I don't think Meharry has a bias against TexansI've gotten no love whatsoever from OOS. So far, 4 rejections from OOS, yet I've gotten II from only in-state Texas schools. That means there's nothing really wrong with my application. I was complete end of August for all AMCAS schools (I know, I should have done it earlier), but it isn't the end of the world for lateness. I'm sure the bias is impacting me.
I’m from Texas and submitted in early October and received secondary last week.I feel you. Did my secondary, must have done something wrong or maybe Texas bias. Ghosted
Thats some good news i guess. Congrats on your interview! What was the turnaround time from submitting secondary to getting your interview?I'm also from TX, and in my student interview, 2 of the medical students and 1 other applicant in my group were also from TX, so I don't think Meharry has a bias against Texans
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chillstill
Full Member
Then the only other reason is that my application is bad. Writing has always been a weakness of mine. Guess it showed this cycle.I'm also from TX, and in my student interview, 2 of the medical students and 1 other applicant in my group were also from TX, so I don't think Meharry has a bias against Texans
AcceptedInJesusNameAMEN
Full Member
aww dont say that, you mentioned getting other interview invites, so your application must be tea ! keep ur head upThen the only other reason is that my application is bad. Writing has always been a weakness of mine. Guess it showed this cycle.
chillstill
Full Member
thank-you.aww dont say that, you mentioned getting other interview invites, so your application must be tea ! keep ur head up
We out here
we out here to support man, we gonna succeed and be doctors no matter whatthank-you.
AcceptedInJesusNameAMEN
Full Member
Thanks, I submitted my secondary on September 2nd, but I didn't pay until September 3rd, so ig September 3rd is the official date. Got my ii on October 24th, so over a month later.Thats some good news i guess. Congrats on your interview! What was the turnaround time from submitting secondary to getting your interview?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K