2025-2026 Morehouse

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Admit and cycletrack is showing that some people got interview invites yesterday
I checked admit org the people that got interviews have really high MCATS. So maybe people like me with low 500s will have to wait a bit till we get invited
 
Im paranoid but I'm pretty sure I answer the last secondary question correct
Short Essays

Give an example when you have shown resilience and how you would overcome academic adversity if encountered in medical school.


Current Word Count: 0 /200


In what ways do you plan to contribute to the Morehouse School of Medicine community, both during your time as a student and beyond?


Current Word Count: 0 /200


Imagine you’re a healthcare provider working at a community clinic with limited resources. You’re responsible for distributing a small number of free glucose monitors to patients with diabetes. You have two patients who qualify: one is highly engaged, follows care instructions, and has shown consistent improvement. The other struggles with managing their condition due to low literacy, language barriers, and unstable housing, and often misses appointments. You only have one monitor left. Who do you give it to—and why? How would you navigate this situation in a way that reflects a commitment to health equity?


Current Word Count: 0 /200


Perceptions of your medical career

Identify the one type of medical career listed below to which you may wish to devote the majority of your professional efforts:

Indicate the character of medical practice you presently contemplate:


In which size community do you think you would like to practice?
does the answer to the first question need to be how you've overcome something academic or can it be any hardship?
 
Im paranoid but I'm pretty sure I answer the last secondary question correct

does the answer to the first question need to be how you've overcome something academic or can it be any hardship?
I did any challenge and connected those lessons to academics.
 
Does anyone know how morehouse calculates/considers graduate gpa ? Do they just combine it with undergrad gpa or ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m sure they’d find somewhere to put it for!! but are you flying in that day? If you’re flying in that day and leaving the next then maybe a backpack might be more manageable and easy to store
I'm flying in the day before and leaving that night. I don't want to wrinkle my suit in a backpack 🙁
 
I'm flying in the day before and leaving that night. I don't want to wrinkle my suit in a backpack 🙁
oooh I see that makes sense! Are you staying a hotel or airbnb? Both usually have irons/steamers but I’ve asked hotels to hold my suitcase after checking out if my flight is later in the day and they always say yes. (Just giving options but im sure morehouse will understand and accommodate to oos students for this too) wishing you good luck and safe travels for your interview :highfive:!!
 
application processed by aamc today, recieved my oos secondary today as well. No clue if this is a good thing. still no II anywhere 🙁
 
application processed by aamc today, recieved my oos secondary today as well. No clue if this is a good thing. still no II anywhere 🙁
Be patient, its a long cycle its only august still very early. The cycle doesn't end until july/august so keep your head up.
 
Has anyone with sub 505 mcat received an interview yet? So far everywhere Im checking only people with 507+ mostly people with 510+ have gotten an interview invite from morehouse.
 
Has anyone with sub 505 mcat received an interview yet? So far everywhere Im checking only people with 507+ mostly people with 510+ have gotten an interview invite from morehouse.
On last years thread people with lower mcats got interviews later on in the cycle so they most likely send interviews to high scorers first. Also they will start sending out pre-interview invite rejections starting next month. I hope I'm not on that list
 
On last years thread people with lower mcats got interviews later on in the cycle so they most likely send interviews to high scorers first. Also they will start sending out pre-interview invite rejections starting next month. I hope I'm not on that list
Omg really? How do you know
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering... is it normal to receive an "application withdrawn confirmation" email saying I didn't accept their invitation to interview within the required 14-day period?

And FYI, I haven't even submitted their secondary yet...
 
Just wondering... is it normal to receive an "application withdrawn confirmation" email saying I didn't accept their invitation to interview within the required 14-day period?

And FYI, I haven't even submitted their secondary yet...
I got that email too. I assume it is a mistake, but I plan on giving them a call tomorrow just to make sure.
 
Just wondering... is it normal to receive an "application withdrawn confirmation" email saying I didn't accept their invitation to interview within the required 14-day period?

And FYI, I haven't even submitted their secondary yet...
I got this too. my heart dropped to my stomach
 
Just wondering... is it normal to receive an "application withdrawn confirmation" email saying I didn't accept their invitation to interview within the required 14-day period?

And FYI, I haven't even submitted their secondary yet...
I got this last night too. I just got a follow up email that said this was sent due to a system error.
 
What did the system error email say in full? Did they apologize because that is crazy to send a mass withdrawn application to thousands of people like that
 
What did the system error email say in full? Did they apologize because that is crazy to send a mass withdrawn application to thousands of people like that
Yes it said "please accept our sincerest apologies" and then just stating my application will still be under review
 
I just received a pre-secondary rejection, but I thought we automatically received a secondary if we were within their stat range? Should I call them or give it up? I am OOS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received a pre-secondary rejection, but I thought we automatically received a secondary if we were within their stat range? Should I call them or give it up? I am OOS.
It depends...were you in their stat range? And how far above it were you?