You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The It's Possible At Pitt section? I still have it.Does anyone else's portal look different? I no longer have the yellow box.
Mine has changed too -- I only have the status near the top of the page as "Under Review" and the two optional forms below (update and withdraw). Is this what you see?Does anyone else's portal look different? I no longer have the yellow box.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
middlecerebellarpeduncle
Full Member
yes mines like that tooMine has changed too -- I only have the status near the top of the page as "Under Review" and the two optional forms below (update and withdraw). Is this what you see?
yes mines like that too
When did you all submit?Mine has changed too -- I only have the status near the top of the page as "Under Review" and the two optional forms below (update and withdraw). Is this what you see?
Super early in the morning on 12 JulyWhen did you all submit?
D
deleted1211092
I still have it as wellThe It's Possible At Pitt section? I still have it.
Need to know if someone with an II has it still or not I guessSo does not having it mean II soon?
Or does still having it mean no Pre-II R?
lol
Literally no point in speculating, go touch grass insteadSo does not having it mean II soon?
Or does still having it mean no Pre-II R?
lol
Half of the content on this site is speculation, but alright lmao.Literally no point in speculating, go touch grass instead
I’d spam an @All if I could to tell them all to touch grassHalf of the content on this site is speculation, but alright lmao.
meowsentry
Full Member
+ OOS II. been binging the Pitt recently so maybe it was good karma?
cheesefries03
Full Member
congrats!! when did you submit?+ OOS II. been binging the Pitt recently so maybe it was good karma?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great show 👌+ OOS II. been binging the Pitt recently so maybe it was good karma?
meowsentry
Full Member
07/28.congrats!! when did you submit?
regularguy12
Full Member
+1 IS II submitted late July
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
Ah… the university of pittsburgh school of medicine. As a former Pittsburghian, this school holds a special place in my heart.
Vicariously watching the students come in and out of the school fills my heart with a sense of connection.
For a moment, at the precipice of my medical education journey, I feel a connection to the students— like I am one of them.
I snap out of my delusion.
I pray that by gazing through the windows at the office of admissions, I can telepathically connect with the adcoms who call this building home.
Maybe, just maybe, if I try hard enough, I can convince them to invite me to an interview🧘
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
these schools live in fear of youView attachment 410671
Ah… the university of pittsburgh school of medicine. As a former Pittsburghian, this school holds a special place in my heart.
Vicariously watching the students come in and out of the school fills my heart with a sense of connection.
For a moment, at the precipice of my medical education journey, I feel a connection to the students— like I am one of them.
I snap out of my delusion.
I pray that by gazing through the windows at the office of admissions, I can telepathically connect with the adcoms who call this building home.
Maybe, just maybe, if I try hard enough, I can convince them to invite me to an interview🧘
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
Unfortunately. it is i who is in fear of them.these schools live in fear of you
I am helplessly, obsequiously, pitifully at their mercy.
They can shred my application at any time— for any reason: a typo, an em dash, my goofy research.
May the gods protect me from their wrath
Last edited:
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
drop by perelman. we can take a pic of the inside of the med school togetherUnfortunately. it is i who is in fear of them.
I am helplessly, obsequiously, pitifully at their mercy.
They can shred my application at any time— for any reason: a typo, an em dash, my goofy a** research.
May the gods protect me from their wrath
ilikeapples24
Full Member
+1 IS II! PSA that I randomly checked my portal and saw the invite. Never got an email including in my spam.
hellomango
New Member
+1 OOS II! Submitted 7/9
oos ii! submitted 8/4
MED WARRIOR
Full Member
their portal say 6-8 weeks but i completed august 15 should i be worried?
MED WARRIOR
Full Member
HEY CONGRATS!!! WHAT WAS YOUR COMPLETE DATE? and LMAlso OOS II! Does anyone know what the admissions decision timeline looks like this year?
D
deleted1221182
why isn’t pitt sending out rejections this year? last year they already sent out a lot by mid october. feeling strung along … would rather know if i’m already in the rejection pile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1211092
Same, I submitted August 8th and am still under reviewtheir portal say 6-8 weeks but i completed august 15 should i be worried?
zangoose
Full Member
7/10/2025 and LM is 75.6HEY CONGRATS!!! WHAT WAS YOUR COMPLETE DATE? and LM
anonymous2025
Full Member
Ya I submitted August 19th so assuming since i've passed the 8 week period, that's an impending rejection then but like someone said last cycle, they sent rejections out by now weird. does anyone know if this cycle generally for all schools if they're kinda behind because of more applicants or something bc there's been radio silence for me for most
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
yes they are behindYa I submitted August 19th so assuming since i've passed the 8 week period, that's an impending rejection then but like someone said last cycle, they sent rejections out by now weird. does anyone know if this cycle generally for all schools if they're kinda behind because of more applicants or something bc there's been radio silence for me for most
anonymous2025
Full Member
oh really ok good to know bc i'm over here thinking wait what's happening why have most my schools not said anything??? i wonder why so many schools are behind this cycle
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
get a hobby. working so far for me. It is stressful but it is out of our hands.oh really ok good to know bc i'm over here thinking wait what's happening why have most my schools not said anything??? i wonder why so many schools are behind this cycle
anonymous2025
Full Member
Just asking lol this is my second cycle so I’m not tweaking. Thx thoget a hobby. working so far for me. It is stressful but it is out of our hands.
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
we all tweaking don't worryJust asking lol this is my second cycle so I’m not tweaking. Thx tho
D
deleted1221182
Why does pitt's cycle look so different this year compared to last year? last year they rejected a bunch of people in october...id rather just know if im already sitting in a rejection pile
MED WARRIOR
Full Member
bro it has already been 8 weeks since I submmited too. Idk what to thinkWhy does pitt's cycle look so different this year compared to last year? last year they rejected a bunch of people in october...id rather just know if im already sitting in a rejection pile
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
Why does pitt's cycle look so different this year compared to last year? last year they rejected a bunch of people in october...id rather just know if im already sitting in a rejection pile
They had some delays. Not your fault. Please recline and and forget about it for your own healthbro it has already been 8 weeks since I submmited too. Idk what to think
They used to wrap up their cycle way earlier (around December) in previous years but I heard they're changing things up this year bc they have a new dean or sthWhy does pitt's cycle look so different this year compared to last year? last year they rejected a bunch of people in october...id rather just know if im already sitting in a rejection pile
anonymous2025
Full Member
I'm so mad at myself bc i uploaded an update but have significant ones I can't include anymore bc of their one update policy lol but ya idk if there's many spots left atp 🙁
I'm so mad at myself bc i uploaded an update but have significant ones I can't include anymore bc of their one update policy lol but ya idk if there's many spots left atp 🙁
I feel like there must be quite a few spots left.
FuturePediatricNeurosurge
Probationary Status - Indefinitely
If I had to guess, Pitt probably has only used up <50% of their interview slotsI'm so mad at myself bc i uploaded an update but have significant ones I can't include anymore bc of their one update policy lol but ya idk if there's many spots left atp 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pitt is way slower this cycle compared to the last one so they def have a longer way to go.I'm so mad at myself bc i uploaded an update but have significant ones I can't include anymore bc of their one update policy lol but ya idk if there's many spots left atp 🙁
anonymous2025
Full Member
Oh ok thx for the reassurance guys lol I think I’m just tweaking cuz they said 4-6 weeks and my app was completed August 19th
anonymous2025
Full Member
Wishing everyone the best of luck 🙏🏾
They always say that but it inevitably takes way longer, a lot of schools also don't go in order by submission date so can't really gauge that from websites like admit.Oh ok thx for the reassurance guys lol I think I’m just tweaking cuz they said 4-6 weeks and my app was completed August 19th
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
Would like to say this dude knows what's up please do not stress. So many people I know had silence from this school and others when they applied early only to get interviews later in the cycle (one even in February)They always say that but it inevitably takes way longer, a lot of schools also don't go in order by submission date so can't really gauge that from websites like admit.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K