2025-2026 Pittsburgh

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I got the email but my portal doesn't have an interview invite yet! Mixed signals since the email "invites me to apply" but I haven't been interviewed...🤔
Does the pcat email mention an invite to apply to the program or invite to consider? If it’s the latter then it’s similar to the previous pstp info session email
 
Does the pcat email mention an invite to apply to the program or invite to consider? If it’s the latter then it’s similar to the previous pstp info session email
We are excited to share an opportunity to apply to the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine’s (UPSOM) Primary Care Accelerated Track (PCAT). PCAT is a unique program...

then mentions info sessions and stuff lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there folks who interviewed but did not receive this? That would confirm for once and all the irrelevance (which I'm 99.99% sure of anyway)
 
If the secondary went to spam, did this one as well for you?

Did all interviewed applicants recieve it, and did everyone's portal change to accept more updates? Also does this correlate with the yellow "It's possible at Pitt" box disappearing

So many questions and weird things on the portal lol
I marked the secondary as not spam once I noticed it (5 days late), and the email today went straight to my inbox. Not sure if there's any correlation between marking the first one as not spam and then the one today being in my inbox, though. Regardless, I don't think the email today really means much
 
interviewed recently, have not received the PCAT email, do have options to provide more updates on the portal. fwiw the admissions staff during the interview day said they've made some changes to the portal system this year and there may be quirks with portal features, so that might extend to emails as well. probably doesn't mean anything (and I'd recommend not trying to read the tea leaves about who has/hasn't received it), but you all should fill it out if you're interested!
Well, that settles it! Thanks for responding!
 
My portal all of a sudden now has 2 options for sending updates. I remember them saying during the interview that applicants can submit one update prior to decision, and then waitlisted applicants can submit another update after receiving decision. Does this mean that I got waitlisted?
Wait so can we upload another update now if we see this then???
 
My portal all of a sudden now has 2 options for sending updates. I remember them saying during the interview that applicants can submit one update prior to decision, and then waitlisted applicants can submit another update after receiving decision. Does this mean that I got waitlisted?
For those that have the second update option, are you all post-II? I still only have the one option to update. I have not received an II from this school. I know it's a long cycle, but my hope is dwindling, so I'd like to start feeling dead inside now rather than later.
 
For those that have the second update option, are you all post-II? I still only have the one option to update. I have not received an II from this school. I know it's a long cycle, but my hope is dwindling, so I'd like to start feeling dead inside now rather than later.

not sure, but i think all must have "Send New" -- its only if you alr sent a update, so thats prob why! Anyway, I'm pretty certain everything we discussed means nothing lol
 
not sure, but i think all must have "Send New" -- its only if you alr sent a update, so thats prob why! Anyway, I'm pretty certain everything we discussed means nothing lol
I’m post-II and I have two update slots, but I haven’t sent an update yet. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t mean anything
 
For those applying to PCAT, their webiste and the webinar said that we could only apply after receiving an interview.

However, I have yet to receive an interview but the option to apply became available.
Am I tripping? Was this an error?

Anyone that can verify please?
Screenshot 2025-11-20 140744.png
 
For those applying to PCAT, their webiste and the webinar said that we could only apply after receiving an interview.

However, I have yet to receive an interview but the option to apply became available.
Am I tripping? Was this an error?

Anyone that can verify please?View attachment 411936
I don't have an II and also can now apply to PCAT and PSTP. I doubt it means anything, probably just an issue with the portal since someone said they've changed things up with it this year. I wouldn't apply if you haven't gotten an II.
 
For those applying to PCAT, their webiste and the webinar said that we could only apply after receiving an interview.

However, I have yet to receive an interview but the option to apply became available.
Am I tripping? Was this an error?

Anyone that can verify please?View attachment 411936
No interview, am able to apply for everything as well. PCAT and PSTP. Can others check and confirm?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't have an II and also can now apply to PCAT and PSTP. I doubt it means anything, probably just an issue with the portal since someone said they've changed things up with it this year. I wouldn't apply if you haven't gotten an II.

yeah makes sense, seems like everyone! Hope some more IIs drop soon, seems like its getting late for them 🙁
 
I just checked my portal and I have "A decision has been made on your application to the MD Program. Please click the "View My Decision" button above to view your decision letter." But there's no View My Decision button. I'm thinking its probably a R... 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of us who are still Under Review and don’t have that “A decision has been made…”, are you saying there’s a chance?!
Hopefully. In my case, I submitted sort of late (8/8 — I guess historically that is late for Pitt) so maybe it’s chronological?

I think the PCAT/PSTP application thing is just a glitch though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does everyone else have access to information on the interview in their portal yet was never invited? Maybe instead of using their own in-house portal, pitt should do what every other school does