You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hope this helps anyone else worrying like me - last year, the first II here was sent (based on cycletrack/admit) on July 24, the last big II wave was around 9/23, and the last II in general was sent around Nov. 22. The first II this year appears to have been sent 9/17, and if you assume that it's going to take a similar amount of time, those dates would be 11/17 (wave) and 1/16 (last one).
obviously none of us actually know what's happening or what the real timeline will look like, but this helped give me a bit of hope/understanding that they are going slower this year after feeling like i was cooked bc i didn't hear back yet 🙂
obviously none of us actually know what's happening or what the real timeline will look like, but this helped give me a bit of hope/understanding that they are going slower this year after feeling like i was cooked bc i didn't hear back yet 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah schools SEEM to be moving a lot slower this year but at the end of the day, there's no reasoning/logic we can bring to these predictions beyond speculations on our end. Best we can do is go on about our daily lives and hope for the best.hope this helps anyone else worrying like me - last year, the first II here was sent (based on cycletrack/admit) on July 24, the last big II wave was around 9/23, and the last II in general was sent around Nov. 22. The first II this year appears to have been sent 9/17, and if you assume that it's going to take a similar amount of time, those dates would be 11/17 (wave) and 1/16 (last one).
obviously none of us actually know what's happening or what the real timeline will look like, but this helped give me a bit of hope/understanding that they are going slower this year after feeling like i was cooked bc i didn't hear back yet 🙂
anonymous2025
Full Member
Ok finally thank u for acknowledging this bc ppl keep gaslighting me, but this is my second cycle and it seems to be a lot slower this cycle 😭 but like u said we don’t know there’s only sm we can do bc we don’t know what’s happening behind the scenesYeah schools SEEM to be moving a lot slower this year but at the end of the day, there's no reasoning/logic we can bring to these predictions beyond speculations on our end. Best we can do is go on about our daily lives and hope for the best.
Not really true, some schools are actually moving way faster than years prior (NYMC, Wayne, etc) where they are almost done with their cycle months earlier. Then some like Pitt and BU are moving slower. Most schools saw record applicants this year and have either sped through or slowed down because of it. Either way, there isn’t a lot to do either way, just protect your peace and mental in the meanwhile.Ok finally thank u for acknowledging this bc ppl keep gaslighting me, but this is my second cycle and it seems to be a lot slower this cycle 😭 but like u said we don’t know there’s only sm we can do bc we don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes
anonymous2025
Full Member
Well we don’t know what’s happening like u said so I’m gonna believe it’s going how I’m perceiving it to go but ya protect your peace! Good luck 👍🏾Not really true, some schools are actually moving way faster than years prior (NYMC, Wayne, etc) where they are almost done with their cycle months earlier. Then some like Pitt and BU are moving slower. Most schools saw record applicants this year and have either sped through or slowed down because of it. Either way, there isn’t a lot to do either way, just protect your peace and mental in the meanwhile.
smartcat2022
Full Member
can anyone who interviewed recently remember what they said about decisions? in my interview they mentioned still deciding between "rolling" and a fixed date in January, but I saw they took out the old jan 15 date from the admissions timeline
regularguy12
Full Member
They said they are still non-rolling but they are trying to get out decisions sooner than the old decision date this year, which I am assuming is the Jan 15 datecan anyone who interviewed recently remember what they said about decisions? in my interview they mentioned still deciding between "rolling" and a fixed date in January, but I saw they took out the old jan 15 date from the admissions timeline
smartcat2022
Full Member
interesting. I wonder when they will announce it! thanks!!They said they are still non-rolling but they are trying to get out decisions sooner than the old decision date this year, which I am assuming is the Jan 15 date
yoyomonster
Full Member
HI! Can you share your LM and when you submitted secondaries?+1 IS II!!!! Super excited
yes!! LM 75.7 and i submitted my secondary 8/14HI! Can you share your LM and when you submitted secondaries?
yoyomonster
Full Member
Thank you! I submitted 07/25. LM of 71, but significant ties to the university, so just wishing on a shooting star rn. I have heard that Pitt has been slow this year; I'm not sure how true that is.yes!! LM 75.7 and i submitted my secondary 8/14
JacquelineStaci
Full Member
Has anyone been accepted to Pitt this cycle? I heard at least one kid who interviewed mid October was accepted. My daughter interviewed at the end of October and hasn’t heard anything.
Last edited:
smartcat2022
Full Member
Pitt regular MD doesn't do rolling admissions as of right now, was the person who was accepted MD/PhD?Has anyone been accepted to Pitt this cycle? I heard at least one kid who interviewed mid October was accepted. My daughter interviewed at the end of October and hasn’t heard anything.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1211092
Congrats! Did you get an email?+1 OOS II, at 7:00 PM wtf, Submitted 07/14
JacquelineStaci
Full Member
That’s a good question, I’ll ask them! Thank you bi was thinking the same thing.Pitt regular MD doesn't do rolling admissions as of right now, was the person who was accepted MD/PhD?
YupCongrats! Did you get an email?
funnyapply56
New Member
Does anyone know if their is a group activity included in this year's interviews? Can't find anything on their website that talks about it.
meowsentry
Full Member
Nope, they removed it for this year at least.Does anyone know if their is a group activity included in this year's interviews? Can't find anything on their website that talks about it.
Hi All,
I have an upcoming interview at Pittsburgh this week. Is anyone able to share their experience or offer any advice?
I have an upcoming interview at Pittsburgh this week. Is anyone able to share their experience or offer any advice?
sometime in the next month or so maybe?They said they are still non-rolling but they are trying to get out decisions sooner than the old decision date this year, which I am assuming is the Jan 15 date
smartcat2022
Full Member
I wish somebody could outright ask! (not it)sometime in the next month or so maybe?
zoroisthebest
Full Member
pre or post II? I'm wondering the same thing for pre IIDoes Pitt accept letters of interest? Through email or portal because I can’t find it
ilikeapples24
Full Member
I'm thinking only if it's part of your update letter since they only allow one (not sure if they allow an update pre II)Does Pitt accept letters of interest? Through email or portal because I can’t find it
My portal all of a sudden now has 2 options for sending updates. I remember them saying during the interview that applicants can submit one update prior to decision, and then waitlisted applicants can submit another update after receiving decision. Does this mean that I got waitlisted?
Do you mean the "submit new" button? I have no II and just saw this pop up as well, so probably not. Do others also have it?
I have this too.My portal all of a sudden now has 2 options for sending updates. I remember them saying during the interview that applicants can submit one update prior to decision, and then waitlisted applicants can submit another update after receiving decision. Does this mean that I got waitlisted?
+1 PCAT email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same, got me excited for a second lol+1 PCAT email
Thought it was an II at first too lol
notphysicsguy
Full Member
SameSame, got me excited for a second lol
Same. I usually try not to be a conspiracy theorist about this kind of stuff, but are they trying to imply something lol? Like maybe “idk if you’re good enough for the normal MD, but we want you for this.”Same, got me excited for a second lol
That doesn't make sense though, cause in order to apply for this, you must have already received an II...Same. I usually try not to be a conspiracy theorist about this kind of stuff, but are they trying to imply something lol? Like maybe “idk if you’re good enough for the normal MD, but we want you for this.”
JacquelineStaci
Full Member
I’d love to know when
They’re releasing decisions!
They’re releasing decisions!
My guess is that they prob either randomly sent it, or they sent it to ppl who emphasized primary care/underserved patients in their applicationAm I the only one that didnt get the PCAT email? It seems like everyone is getting it, what is that suppose to mean Pitts?
I got this PCAT email too. Is it sent to everyone post interview. I also received PSTP along with the II initially.
I got the PSTP email earlier in the cycle, but not the PCAT email today.I got this PCAT email too. Is it sent to everyone post interview. I also received PSTP along with the II initially.
No cause on admit, some ppl don't have II and also got the PCAT email.I got this PCAT email too. Is it sent to everyone post interview. I also received PSTP along with the II initially.
Yeah, I got the email but my portal doesn't have an interview invite yet! Mixed signals since the email "invites me to apply" but I haven't been interviewed...🤔No cause on admit, some ppl don't have II and also got the PCAT email.
helpmegetthroughthis
Full Member
Yeah I got the PCAT email but haven’t received an II
I’d imagine that most of these specialized programs are more competitive than standard MD admissions.Same. I usually try not to be a conspiracy theorist about this kind of stuff, but are they trying to imply something lol? Like maybe “idk if you’re good enough for the normal MD, but we want you for this.”
You need to be admissible to the medical school and also demonstrate your qualifications toward the program’s focus.
For data purposes, I’m from a county that is deemed medically underserved (this shows up on AMCAS) so that’s a possibility.My guess is that they prob either randomly sent it, or they sent it to ppl who emphasized primary care/underserved patients in their application
I don’t think the email means anything though.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It probably doesn't mean anything, but then I don't get why some people got it and some people didn'tFor data purposes, I’m from a county that is deemed as medically underserved (this shows up on AMCAS) so that’s a possibility.
I don’t think the email means anything though.
I agree. I think it probably means nothing, butit's interesting that not everyone got it (unless it went to people's spam, like the secondary did for me)It probably doesn't mean anything, but then I don't get why some people got it and some people didn't
I agree. I think it probably means nothing, butit's interesting that not everyone got it (unless it went to people's spam, like the secondary did for me)
If the secondary went to spam, did this one as well for you?
Did all interviewed applicants recieve it, and did everyone's portal change to accept more updates? Also does this correlate with the yellow "It's possible at Pitt" box disappearing
So many questions and weird things on the portal lol
Trying to read between the lines and understand mass communication from schools doesn’t really go anywhere. There’s usually no method behind their madness or deeper meaning. Best thing to do is just wait for their decisions and protect your peace in the meanwhile.So many questions and weird things on the portal lol
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K