You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
congrats! did you get an interview today, on a sunday? wow+1 IS II
Yeah lol someone in the admissions office is working overtimecongrats! did you get an interview today, on a sunday? wow
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
morak
Full Member
congrats!! can I ask when you submitted?+1 IS II
what was going on with this portal lol
Me w a LM 67 that wasn't culled, trying not to get my hopes up lmaooPurely anecdotal observation, I noticed that everyone who reported rejections on Admit had either (i) a low GPA or (ii) a low MCAT, relative to Pitt's medians. And the SDN users who were rejected seem to have LM ~70
If that is in fact the case, maybe it's Pitt trying to "catch up" on a later start by culling... but again, all speculation
Crazy that communication is one of the core skills listed by AAMC but of course schools aren’t expected to follow those…Logged in just now wow got the R on 11/20 rip
Complete 7/18congrats!! can I ask when you submitted?
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
R wave
Check the site as they seem to be unable to get a proper email system working
Check the site as they seem to be unable to get a proper email system working
I got caught up in the R wave. Looks like Pitt is more metric-led than in previous cycles based on what I'm seeing on Admit.
Did everyone that got rejected have "a decision has been made" in their portal prior? I still have "under review".
Last edited:
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
Then you have not been rejected yet. Yes, it will say a decision has been madeDid everyone that get rejected have "a decision has been made" in their portal prior? I still have "under review".
If the last week or so serves as a guideline, I’d assume so. I’d venture to think that if you still have “Under Review” you’re still safe.Did everyone that get rejected have "a decision has been made" in their portal prior? I still have "under review".
SlothKoala
Full Member
OOS II yesterday (Sunday 11/23) at 10:07 am. Complete like 7/15 ish. LM 83
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1218307
When did people who were rejected submit?
meowsentry
Full Member
+OOS A.
fit_recognition
New Member
+1 OOS A!
Congrats!
I thought they didn't release acceptances until the spring?
+1 OOS A!
I thought they didn't release acceptances until the spring?
fit_recognition
New Member
I thought so as well, was pleasantly surprised!Congrats!
I thought they didn't release acceptances until the spring?I
pschles123
Full Member
I thought so too! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! When did ppl who got As interview?Congrats!
I thought they didn't release acceptances until the spring?
They must have changed to rolling admissions
Here is what their website says about this year:
The Admissions Committee will notify interviewed candidates through the admissions portal whether you have been accepted, not accepted, or placed on the waitlist by January 15, 2026.
The Admissions Committee will notify interviewed candidates through the admissions portal whether you have been accepted, not accepted, or placed on the waitlist by January 15, 2026.
Wow that is really early to be done with interviews and decisions by then. Thanks for sharingHere is what their website says about this year:
The Admissions Committee will notify interviewed candidates through the admissions portal whether you have been accepted, not accepted, or placed on the waitlist by January 15, 2026.
fit_recognition
New Member
I interviewed 10/17I thought so too! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! When did ppl who got As interview?
cheesefries03
Full Member
congrats on the As! for those that got As, did you send any updates or letters of interest? and did they reach out via call?
SuperFlame
New Member
yes please let me know if you guys sent letters of intent/interest, i still need to send mine incongrats on the As! for those that got As, did you send any updates or letters of interest? and did they reach out via call?
meowsentry
Full Member
I sent an update, did not receive a call. Received a kinda funny email that said "Pitt med has a secret. Log into the portal to find out."
cheesefries03
Full Member
thank you! how long after you rinterview did you send? I interviewed the first week of novI sent an update, did not receive a call. Received a kinda funny email that said "Pitt med has a secret. Log into the portal to find out."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pitt clickbaiting 😭I sent an update, did not receive a call. Received a kinda funny email that said "Pitt med has a secret. Log into the portal to find out."
I also found this on the website
The UPSOM begins extending invitations to interviews by late July and will continue extending invitations until the end of November.
The UPSOM begins extending invitations to interviews by late July and will continue extending invitations until the end of November.
NikoNikoNi
New Member
For people with A's, did you all receive the "Pitt med has a secret" then the decision letter just says "Welcome to the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine"? I got this email and honest to god cannot figure out if this is an A or not 😳. Interviewed on 10/30. DIdn't send update letters
Anyone who interviewed in Nov get the acceptance
Also wondering thisAnyone who interviewed in Nov get the acceptance
smartcat2022
Full Member
+1 OOS A! interviewed in September, and did. not send any update letters
Anyone received July or even August interview invite? The earliest I see is mid September, so it’s possible that there’s delay in their process this cycle?I also found this on the website
The UPSOM begins extending invitations to interviews by late July and will continue extending invitations until the end of November.
This message aligns with how last years cycle went. I think it will extend further into the year.Anyone received July or even August interview invite? The earliest I see is mid September, so it’s possible that there’s delay in their process this cycle?
(This is just me being hopeful, Pitt pls give me a chance 🙏🏽 🥀)
They sent interviews in December last year? Really?
This message aligns with how last years cycle went. I think it will extend further into the year.
(This is just me being hopeful, Pitt pls give me a chance 🙏🏽 🥀)
Sorry I meant to quote the post you quoted. I meant starting in July-November aligns with last year. Them starting in September hopefully mean they’ll push into December, MAYBE January. Fingers crossed!They sent interviews in December last year? Really?
smartcat2022
Full Member
update, just got a call from the dean saying congrats!! so sweet+1 OOS A! interviewed in September, and did. not send any update letters
I was so flustered that I could only say thank you over and over 😭update, just got a call from the dean saying congrats!! so sweet
targetdreamart
Full Member
Anyone else w an IS acceptance not receive a phone call yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure where this is from? I don't see it on the website. I think this is outdated.Here is what their website says about this year:
The Admissions Committee will notify interviewed candidates through the admissions portal whether you have been accepted, not accepted, or placed on the waitlist by January 15, 2026.
From what I've heard, unlike past cycles, interviews will continue in January.
heard as in heard from pitt??I'm not sure where this is from? I don't see it on the website. I think this is outdated.
From what I've heard, unlike past cycles, interviews will continue in January.
morak
Full Member
https://www.medadmissions.pitt.edu/admissions/how-apply/interviewingI'm not sure where this is from? I don't see it on the website. I think this is outdated.
From what I've heard, unlike past cycles, interviews will continue in January.
Scroll down to under "Group B"
JacquelineStaci
Full Member
Do you think the people who interviewed already, but did not heard back yesterday, are out of luck or possibly waitlisted?
Anyone who interviewed in November hear back yesterday?Do you think the people who interviewed already, but did not heard back yesterday, are out of luck or possibly waitlisted?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
