You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Stanford
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am chastened and correctedPSTP is not the same as MD/PhD
MD/PhD is MSTP, PSTP is a 5 year research program
oh god my post-interview update tab is gone. what does this mean? anyone interviewed earlier this month see the same? am i going to die?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it just auto disappears after a week or so of interviewing. They said you have to send post interview updates within a weekoh god my post-interview update tab is gone. what does this mean? anyone interviewed earlier this month see the same? am i going to die?
latinocapybara
New Member
I have the same question. My application was complete in late July and I haven't been rejected yet.do we expect any more R waves/movement today? also if we have survived the R wave so far is it a good sign?
babysloth123
Full Member
IS ii just now! I submitted my secondary July 17th AND got that "erroneous" rejection lmao, so hope is not lost! They gave me one date to choose from, FYI, later in November (so that is when they are currently scheduling in you were wondering!).
hihihohohaha84
Full Member
Congrats! And it seems like nobody gets to choose their interview date at all for Stanford. When I got my II a few weeks ago, they specified my interview would be this specific day and that was it.IS ii just now! I submitted my secondary July 17th AND got that "erroneous" rejection lmao, so hope is not lost! They gave me one date to choose from, FYI, later in November (so that is when they are currently scheduling in you were wondering!).
morak
Full Member
Same! I was like, we just met, let's get to know each other first, schedule a date maybe, you're coming on a bit strong y'know? but nooooo, Stanford's just pushy like thatCongrats! And it seems like nobody gets to choose their interview date at all for Stanford. When I got my II a few weeks ago, they specified my interview would be this specific day and that was it.
+1 OOS Pre-II R. LM 75. Submitted 10/8 (lmao).
I didn’t think I had a chance at all, but I was bored the night of the deadline so I shot my shot … a swing and a miss
I didn’t think I had a chance at all, but I was bored the night of the deadline so I shot my shot … a swing and a miss
dahmerectomy
New Member
+1 OOS Pre-II R, also complete 10/8 with LM 75.
hihihohohaha84
Full Member
Does anyone also kick themselves (figuratively) after the interview? I don’t think I did terribly but now I keep playing the questions in my head and Im like “Dang, I should have answered this much better by saying xyz.” Like for some reasons I have 10 different better/more thorough/more coherent answers in my head now than the ones I gave (which I know were not bad at all). Please tell me I’m not alone 🥺
Last edited:
that interview was def stressful LOL hindsight is 20/20...would love to hear how others felt after lmaooo. everyone was super nice thoDoes anyone also kick themselves (figuratively) after the interview? I don’t think I did terribly but now I keep playing the questions in my head and Im like “Dang, I should have answered this much better by saying xyz.” Like for some reasons I have 10 different better/more thorough/more coherent answers in my head now than the ones I gave (which I know were not bad at all). Please tell me I’m not alone 🥺
medluma
Full Member
Had my interview back in September and I felt like I did horribly, was truly demoralizing 😭 but not much we can do now. Wishing you both the best!that interview was def stressful LOL hindsight is 20/20...would love to hear how others felt after lmaooo. everyone was super nice tho
hihihohohaha84
Full Member
I’m so glad everyone was very nice. I think I did decent in most station but there was one station the rater definitely grilled me quite a bit, so I wonder if it was their interviewing style or the instruction that they received for that particular station. I really enjoy most of the questions though. And I don’t know if this is a good thing or not but I got asked some very creative ones in both the MMI stations and the traditional one and I feel like I did much better answering those follow-up questions and/or creative ones than the main questions 🥹that interview was def stressful LOL hindsight is 20/20...would love to hear how others felt after lmaooo. everyone was super nice tho
hihihohohaha84
Full Member
You too! Let’s us be classmates in 8 months!Had my interview back in September and I felt like I did horribly, was truly demoralizing 😭 but not much we can do now. Wishing you both the best!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh no way, i didnt experience any grilling in my MMI stations, but fs the general interview was super short, i only got to answer around 6 qs 🙁 im not sure if i got through all the qs the interviewer wanted to ask or not which is stressful lololI’m so glad everyone was very nice. I think I did decent in most station but there was one station the rater definitely grilled me quite a bit, so I wonder if it was their interviewing style or the instruction that they received for that particular station. I really enjoy most of the questions though. And I don’t know if this is a good thing or not but I got asked some very creative ones in both the MMI stations and the traditional one and I feel like I did much better answering those follow-up questions and/or creative ones than the main questions 🥹
omg imagine we were all classmates, that would be such a dream!You too! Let’s us be classmates in 8 months!
hihihohohaha84
Full Member
Welp, then maybe that station was my worst one then, that the rater literally kept asking/prompting me 😂 finger-cross they take off worst score 😭 and yep the traditional was very short, but I think 6 qs is a good amount to go through?!?!? I also got around 5-6 questions as well.oh no way, i didnt experience any grilling in my MMI stations, but fs the general interview was super short, i only got to answer around 6 qs 🙁 im not sure if i got through all the qs the interviewer wanted to ask or not which is stressful lolol
we could've maybe also had different interviewers even? i have no clue if everyone cycles through the same stations or not, probs not tho bc of the sheer # of interviewees at a time? ive got my fingers crossed for both of us to get that A in jan/feb!!Welp, then maybe that station was my worst one then, that the rater literally kept asking/prompting me 😂 finger-cross they take off worst score 😭 and yep the traditional was very short, but I think 6 qs is a good amount to go through?!?!? I also got around 5-6 questions as well.
hihihohohaha84
Full Member
Let’s manifest that! See you in the Bay Area in 8 months!!!!!!!!we could've maybe also had different interviewers even? i have no clue if everyone cycles through the same stations or not, probs not tho bc of the sheer # of interviewees at a time? ive got my fingers crossed for both of us to get that A in jan/feb!!
i took a nap afterward to drown out my post-II depression 😛
hihihohohaha84
Full Member
Cant afford that for myself as I literally had to run to the airport to catch a flight right after my interview 🤪 I had to rebook my flight quite last minute for this interview.i took a nap afterward to drown out my post-II depression 😛
hihihohohaha84
Full Member
Not much I can offer but just relax, be friendly, yet still professional. And dont overthink the questions.hi! i’m interviewing soon, does anyone have any tips for the MMI? i’m sure you can’t disclose much but anything would be helpful 🙂
lukadoncic
Full Member
I emailed but they don't do that.does anybody know if interviewed students get an opportunity to visit campus? or is that only if you're accepted?
healthcarebosse
Full Member
+1 OOS II
medappcrashout
Full Member
what the actual eff +1 IS II I literally have a 512 MCAT I cannot believe my eyes
hihihohohaha84
Full Member
Let’s go, King/Queen!!!what the actual eff +1 IS II I literally have a 512 MCAT I cannot believe my eyes
Last edited:
what interview dates are being offered?+1 OOS II
morak
Full Member
Stanford just assigns you one date and tells you to make every effort to attend that day, but you can reschedule for "extenuating circumstances"what interview dates are being offered?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what dates are being offered? its way a to track how far out they are scheduling/how close to end.Stanford just assigns you one date and tells you to make every effort to attend that day, but you can reschedule for "extenuating circumstances"
morak
Full Member
I was offered a date about 2-3 weeks out from when I received my invitewhat dates are being offered? its way a to track how far out they are scheduling/how close to end.
monkey.d.luffy
Full Member
submitted mid July and have so far dodged the rejection massacres...praying they stop leading me on and send me an interview!
sending you all the good luck!!submitted mid July and have so far dodged the rejection massacres...praying they stop leading me on and send me an interview!
samplam
Full Member
Yes, they do, and you should expect that in every MMI you do!Can anyone who's interviewed say whether the MMI interviewers interact with you (eg, by asking follow-up questions)?
hihihohohaha84
Full Member
Yes, expect lots of follow-up questions. I know many people who had MMIs at other places said that it's common to end the convo before time runs out for one station, but that was not the case at all for my interview. All my raters asked a bunch of follow-up questions (really good ones) and I ran out of time for many of them actually (they reassured me to not worry if I ran out of time).Can anyone who's interviewed say whether the MMI interviewers interact with you (eg, by asking follow-up questions)?
morak
Full Member
Yes, they do, and you should expect that in every MMI you do!
Thank you so much! I was worried the MMI interviewers would sit there like statues and let me rant. Glad to hear that's not the case!Yes, expect lots of follow-up questions. I know many people who had MMIs at other places said that it's common to end the convo before time runs out for one station, but that was not the case at all for my interview. All my raters asked a bunch of follow-up questions (really good ones) and I ran out of time for many of them actually (they reassured me to not worry if I ran out of time).
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Since there is limited time in each MMI room, if there is more time/if they want more info, they will definitely ask you more info. But just as a FYI. the time flies before you even realize it's over.Can anyone who's interviewed say whether the MMI interviewers interact with you (eg, by asking follow-up questions)?
vex10
Full Member
yeah lol definitely, they ask follow-ups to probably guide you to what they want to hear or hear your stance on how the concept applies to you or even broader beliefs.Can anyone who's interviewed say whether the MMI interviewers interact with you (eg, by asking follow-up questions)?
IS pre-II R, submitted 8/15 LM 79
sad. fearing i'm not gonna get anymore interviews atp 🙁
sad. fearing i'm not gonna get anymore interviews atp 🙁
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Have faith! The interview window may be closing, but there is always time!IS pre-II R, submitted 8/15 LM 79
sad. fearing i'm not gonna get anymore interviews atp 🙁
Don't worry, scroll up in this thread and see how others felt. It seems like a pretty universal experience that the interview was stressful (including for me)my interview was lowkey kinda stressful and nerve wracking 🙁 welp guess i’ll be expecting that R come 2026
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
What happened?my interview was lowkey kinda stressful and nerve wracking 🙁 welp guess i’ll be expecting that R come 2026
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
samplam
Full Member
my interview was lowkey kinda stressful and nerve wracking 🙁 welp guess i’ll be expecting that R come 2026
I agree the interview was stressful. Sigh, I hope I did well enough 🙁Don't worry, scroll up in this thread and see how others felt. It seems like a pretty universal experience that the interview was stressful (including for me)
As an MSTP applicant, Stanford was by far my least favorite med interview. The MSTP meetings were fine, but the MMI was a horrendous experience for me lol...interviewers outright said they disliked my answers ahahahmy interview was lowkey kinda stressful and nerve wracking 🙁 welp guess i’ll be expecting that R come 2026
what parts made it stressful for yall?I agree the interview was stressful. Sigh, I hope I did well enough 🙁
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
I can create one on discord if y'all are downWe need a stanford interview support group
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K