You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Stanford
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pulsatilepony
Full Member
OOS pre-II R. Tough
mountaingoat23
Full Member
post II R as well submitted 7/7
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS pre-II R 🙁
D
deleted1221182
has anyone who submitted in early august gotten an R yet?
TibiaOrNotTibia
Full Member
The Stanford culling has come. +1 Pre-II R
R
Are they sending out Rs gradually?
TibiaOrNotTibia
Full Member
I wouldn't say it's gradual. Last year the October R wave was over half of their applicants at onceAre they sending out Rs gradually?
Is it gradual throughout the day?I wouldn't say it's gradual. Last year the October R wave was over half of their applicants at once
TibiaOrNotTibia
Full Member
Anecdotally, yesIs it gradual throughout the day?
OOS pre-II R. LM of 74 so not really surprised honestly, lmao.
so curious what their criteria for rejecting so early is!
I mean compared to other schools like Tulane, Case, or Boston this is not super early. At the end of the day its like the 3rd best medical school in the nation, they can be super picky about anything if they wanted.so curious what their criteria for rejecting so early is!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Central6245
Full Member
Im not so sure about this- in case anyone else can confirm, it seems like all the Rs came out about 40ish minutes ago.Are they sending out Rs gradually?
matted_chinchilla
Full Member
they're still comingIm not so sure about this- in case anyone else can confirm, it seems like all the Rs came out about 40ish minutes ago.
Central6245
Full Member
They are still coming as in people are inputting the Rs in Admit or you have evidence that they are still sending out Rs
cheesefries03
Full Member
has anyone who applied mid august received R yet?
It looks like the majority of Rs so far are from 7/30 and before.has anyone who applied mid august received R yet?
cheesefries03
Full Member
thats what I am noticing too!It looks like the majority of Rs so far are from 7/30 and before.
So if we submitted in July and heard nothing, is that good? Or does it not mean anything
someone on admit posted an R from 8/26has anyone who submitted in early august gotten an R yet?
APathologicalLymphocyte
Full Member
If I applied late September, would I have heard back yet? (MSTP) I applied super late everywhere and have no idea what I'm doing with applications but I think my app is good but still nervous.
Central6245
Full Member
Last year on Admit, 2 people made it through the July massacre and got interviews; the other 16 got rejected in either November or December. Take this all with a grain of salt, though, since it is all self-reported data. On the bright side, a 1/9 chance puts you at an 11% chance of an interview.So if we submitted in July and heard nothing, is that good? Or does it not mean anything
imbadatwritingessaysahhhh
Full Member
I don't think so! Looks like this wave was all people who applied before SeptemberIf I applied late September, would I have heard back yet? (MSTP) I applied super late everywhere and have no idea what I'm doing with applications but I think my app is good but still nervous.
D
deleted1221182
Looks like they’re done for the day? Maybe August submissions will be next week
axpathetic
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-II R
samplam
Full Member
Stanford has this on their website: "Application updates are NOT accepted unless an applicant is invited to participate in our interview process. At that time, the interviewed candidate will receive instructions about how to provide this one-time update."
I don't remember receiving instructions about this... does anyone know?
I don't remember receiving instructions about this... does anyone know?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
If you didn't receive it then I am guessing it is yet to come?Stanford has this on their website: "Application updates are NOT accepted unless an applicant is invited to participate in our interview process. At that time, the interviewed candidate will receive instructions about how to provide this one-time update."
I don't remember receiving instructions about this... does anyone know?
samplam
Full Member
I don't remember them talking about it during the interview orientation, so I'm guessing I forgot about it.If you didn't receive it then I am guessing it is yet to come?
+1 OOS pre-II R
imbadatwritingessaysahhhh
Full Member
I really think that the accepted sample size for admit.org is too small to make any meaningful conclusionsThanks for the reply! I am curious though I just looked at the admit.org thing, it looks like everyone last year who did secondaries after 8/29 was rejected. On the other hand, almost all the acceptances before 8/29 had higher "admit scores" than everyone who submitted after 8/29, and of course the sample size for acceptances is small. So do you think they heavily weight people people who were complete after august? Or this is selection bias? Also of course MSTP may differ from MD. EDIT: I guess a decently (not perfectly) controlled experiment is if you take a single person and compare the success of their early vs. later secondary submissions.
On the portal, there's a tab that says Post Interview Update. I'm guessing that page is the instructions they're referring to?Stanford has this on their website: "Application updates are NOT accepted unless an applicant is invited to participate in our interview process. At that time, the interviewed candidate will receive instructions about how to provide this one-time update."
I don't remember receiving instructions about this... does anyone know?
888cheeseburger
Full Member
+1 oos ii
samplam
Full Member
dm'ed you!On the portal, there's a tab that says Post Interview Update. I'm guessing that page is the instructions they're referring to?
hihihohohaha84
Full Member
International applicant II 10/15 for PSTP track - submitted secondary mid July
Last edited:
lukadoncic
Full Member
25-33% varied by yearsdoes anybody know what the post-ii acceptance rate is?
lukadoncic
Full Member
TBH, pray for good luck. If you are lucky, you could get some chill questions.Anybody who already interviewed have any advice? what were the vibes?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LMFAOTBH, pray for good luck. If you are lucky, you could get some chill questions.
vex10
Full Member
You have to send updates within a week of interviewing that's what they told us on our interview day 09/26, I believe.Stanford has this on their website: "Application updates are NOT accepted unless an applicant is invited to participate in our interview process. At that time, the interviewed candidate will receive instructions about how to provide this one-time update."
I don't remember receiving instructions about this... does anyone know?
AvocadoDawg
New Member
+1 OOS II. Submitted secondary 8/18
That's good to know, thank you!!25-33% varied by years
LOL im so stressed😢TBH, pray for good luck. If you are lucky, you could get some chill questions.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K