2025-2026 Tulane

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Where’d you hear their interview seats are full? Not surprised based on recent ones being scheduled in Feb, but haven’t seen confirmation of them being full. Looks like they send the most R’s in the spring though even with the waves in the fall/winter.
I heard it from someone who heard it from Tulane... Idk how true it is but it might be since they were scheduling so far out already just last month... I just don't understand why people after me have heard back even if it's a hold or R ):
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is it strange to have submitted on 7/28 and still not have recieved an "under review" email or anything as of NOVEMBER... lol

is it appropriate to ask them? or does this mean i was thrown into a pile that they won't even review ... 🙁
+OOS R hahahahah
 
+1 OOS interview hold. Pretty much a rejection right?
I've been told it is better than being straight rejected, but chances are slim fella.

I recommend you send an update letter - at least, that is what I am going to do (I was put on Hold - Oct 24)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS Interview hold 😥. Sucks because I submitted my secondary on 7/1 and was under the impression that "no news is good news." More like "no news = hold" 😆. Does anyone know if there is decent waitlist movement at TUSOM?
 
Wondering this as well. I also interviewed that week and was hoping that 10/14-10/15 would have decisions before Thanksgiving. Praying for good news tomorrow!
I think Tuesday could be the day they release a bunch of decisions. No reason in particular but I think they are pretty good at sticking to between 4-6 weeks like they said and we’re approaching 6. Let’s hope!
 
+1 acceptance range from 10/15 interview. Has anybody had any success moving off this list doing something in addition to an update letter? I am also considering multiple. Maybe one today and then another in February to optimize my chances?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS AR.

I’m curious in the email it said “While some applicants are accepted into the class immediately following this initial committee review, the great majority of applicants are placed into the Acceptance Range category.

Your application has been placed in this category. This is not a ranked alternate list, as is used by many schools, but a pool of acceptable candidates from which the committee may subsequently choose.”

How is this true though? This suggests that most of their accepted students are placed and then pulled from the AR. Does this mean that most of the immediate A’s choose not to attend and so they pull from the AR in Spring or do they intentionally leave the class unfilled until late in the cycle to choose their pick of the litter? Just trying to understand.
 
+1 OOS AR.

I’m curious in the email it said “While some applicants are accepted into the class immediately following this initial committee review, the great majority of applicants are placed into the Acceptance Range category.

Your application has been placed in this category. This is not a ranked alternate list, as is used by many schools, but a pool of acceptable candidates from which the committee may subsequently choose.”

How is this true though? This suggests that most of their accepted students are placed and then pulled from the AR. Does this mean that most of the immediate A’s choose not to attend and so they pull from the AR in Spring or do they intentionally leave the class unfilled until late in the cycle to choose their pick of the litter? Just trying to understand.
Did you get your decision today?

I'm not entirely sure, but they did say: "those applicants not selected for acceptance, but within our acceptable range, will be notified of their status. While most movement from our acceptable range list will occur during the month of May, it is possible for the Committee to decide to move someone from that list to acceptance anytime during the admissions cycle." So it kind of sounds like your first option of some immediate A's choosing not to attend and pulling from the AR list in the spring.

Edit: The portal says "How many are accepted from the “acceptance range” list each year? The number varies from year to year and depends upon the decisions of the initially accepted applicants. The committee can elect to admit applicants from this list at any time. The bulk of this movement occurs toward the interview season and closer to the deposit deadline. As we receive "withdraw” requests from “accepted students”, we then select applicants from the “acceptance range” category to fill the class." So yeah, sound like your first option is correct.
 
Last edited:
P/F with tertile rankings (they use MSPE adjectives to rank you into tertiles). PDs will not know ur exact rank, just top 1/3, middle 1/3, bottom 1/3
Is that stressful? I'm currently trying to decide between Tulane and a school with a graded pre-clinical. I can't tell which one would be more academically stressful. I'm thinking Tulane honestly because you're technically in competition with your classmates?
 
Is that stressful? I'm currently trying to decide between Tulane and a school with a graded pre-clinical. I can't tell which one would be more academically stressful. I'm thinking Tulane honestly because you're technically in competition with your classmates?
tbh not rlly stressful. def in ur best interest to try to be in that top tertile if you want something competitive, but honestly its not that hard to do, theres basically no gunners here and everyones very collaborative. the professors here really want all of us to do well and classmates always helping each other out. id probably say graded preclinical would be more academically stressful bc PDs are gonna explicitly see your grades where here its just gonna say pass and then they have to extrapolate which tertile ur in based off the adjectives which is less obvious than grades
 
Is that stressful? I'm currently trying to decide between Tulane and a school with a graded pre-clinical. I can't tell which one would be more academically stressful. I'm thinking Tulane honestly because you're technically in competition with your classmates?

And is this for both preclinical and rotations?
ur rank is calculated including preclinical and clinical
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad