2025-2026 Tulane

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don’t they say it’ll take 4-6 weeks post interview for a decision?
Correct, this is week 4 for people who interviewed 10/13-10/14ish. I saw in last year’s thread that some people heard back right around 4 weeks, a little under, or even later than 6 weeks so I’m just trying to gauge where they are with decisions so far…😬
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
info session attended as well - ~16,000 apps, for ~600 interview spots, for about 190 seats. around half of interviewees are extended an offer. they reiterated that cycle is not over for them and they will look at every single app
 
Last edited:
info session attended as well - +13,000 apps, for ~600 interview spots, for about 190 seats. around half of interviewees are extended an offer. they reiterated that cycle is not over for them and they will look at every single app
The info my friend got is that they've had over 15,800 apps so far this cycle which is a 15% increase from their ~13,800 last cycle.
 
Less than 190, I think they have maybe 30 BS/MD seats from Tulane undergrad
i think they stopped that? i believe admissions counselor mentioned they already brought in their last class from that program and they had no plans to continue it and they don't save any given amount of spots for tulane masters students either its kinda free for all at this point
The info my friend got is that they've had over 15,800 apps so far this cycle which is a 15% increase from their ~13,800 last cycle.
oh ur totally right!! i mistyped meant to put 15,000
 
Are the interview holds reviewed or are they gonna get reviewed?
I hope they get reviewed!
Otherwise:
1763081252936.png
 
NGL ime seeing people who submitted last month getting reviewed before me and I was complete 3 months ago. Its pretty damn frustrating. It stressed how we have to apply early, yet it feels like people who are applying late are getting rewarded for doing so.
 
NGL ime seeing people who submitted last month getting reviewed before me and I was complete 3 months ago. Its pretty damn frustrating. It stressed how we have to apply early, yet it feels like people who are applying late are getting rewarded for doing so.
Just because someone got an email and you didn't doesn't mean you haven't been reviewed though....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted 8-6. Where is my under review email… I still don’t have one. I also did not get put on hold either so idk if that’s possibly good or bad…
The under review email seems to be somewhat sent at random. There are people from all categories (gotten IIs, holds, and rejections) who have both received and not received one. I wouldn’t read into this that much.
 
NGL ime seeing people who submitted last month getting reviewed before me and I was complete 3 months ago. Its pretty damn frustrating. It stressed how we have to apply early, yet it feels like people who are applying late are getting rewarded for doing so.
Yeah, if things don’t turn out well this cycle, I think next cycle I might try applying later like earl/mid October. It seems like those are the apps that get reviewed and have traction so hopefully applying late will work better
 
The under review email seems to be somewhat sent at random. There are people from all categories (gotten IIs, holds, and rejections) who have both received and not received one. I wouldn’t read into this that much.
What’s the threshold between getting a straight rejection vs an interview hold? And how many people come off the hold list each cycle?
 
Yeah, if things don’t turn out well this cycle, I think next cycle I might try applying later like earl/mid October. It seems like those are the apps that get reviewed and have traction so hopefully applying late will work better
Tulane was scheduling interviews into February in October. Not saying not to do this, but it doesn't seem like the best way to increase your odds at a school like Tulane.
 
What’s the threshold between getting a straight rejection vs an interview hold? And how many people come off the hold list each cycle?
It's sort of impossible for anyone not on their adcom to know what the threshold is. And based on past cycles, not very many people get off the hold list.
 
Did they reject you or just say they can’t offer you an interview? I got an email from them today saying they can’t interview me.
(the same thing as a rejection I’m sure) I never even did a secondary though.
It says they can’t offer an interview but I’m pretty sure that’s a rejection given they don’t really accept anybody without interviewing them😅
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NGL ime seeing people who submitted last month getting reviewed before me and I was complete 3 months ago. Its pretty damn frustrating. It stressed how we have to apply early, yet it feels like people who are applying late are getting rewarded for doing so.

so this school sends out pre II hold AND R???? I thought pre II hold is soft R but maybe not?
I thought pre-II hold is basically a soft R for Tulane considering someone said interviews were being scheduled for February in October and the school says they have interviews up until end of February/early March… Seems unlikely they pull from hold at this point
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I thought pre-II hold is basically a soft R for Tulane considering someone said interviews were being scheduled for February in October and the school says they have interviews up until end of February/early March… Seems unlikely they pull from hold at this point
Maybe they fill the interview schedule initially and then pull off the hold list as people withdraw from II?
 
is it strange to have submitted on 7/28 and still not have recieved an "under review" email or anything as of NOVEMBER... lol

is it appropriate to ask them? or does this mean i was thrown into a pile that they won't even review ... 🙁
 
Last edited:
NGL ime seeing people who submitted last month getting reviewed before me and I was complete 3 months ago. Its pretty damn frustrating. It stressed how we have to apply early, yet it feels like people who are applying late are getting rewarded for doing so.
I now regret saying anything. I got rejected yesterday after recieving no under review email. I got one last year and assumed I would get one this year. I have been waiting to send an update letter because i was under the assumption they would tell me again. Very frustrating that its inconsistent if they use it or not. Don't set a standard of communication and not use it.
 
is it strange to have submitted on 7/28 and still not have recieved an "under review" email or anything as of NOVEMBER... lol

is it appropriate to ask them? or does this mean i was thrown into a pile that they won't even review ... 🙁
"We would like to inform you that your application is complete. Your portal will have a red exclamation point stating you are in progress and this will remain until you are assigned to a screener. Once assigned, the checkmark will turn green and your application is now considered under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success."

did you get this email? it's my last communication from them.. I realized that the checkmark thing is probably from an old email template they forgot to change because my portal doesn't have any checkmarks and I read something online. So essentially I am not expecting to hear from them until they make a decision. I feel like whether they tell us or not when we have gone under review it doesn't matter, either way the decision is out of our hands. also I find it hard to imagine that an application can get "lost"
 
According to them your application will be reviewed. I would say send an update letter if you have anything new and want to “remind them you exist,” but I don’t know if I would email or call just to ask for an update. They’ve received over 15k and I’ve even heard 19k applications this year. It’s a long cycle, try to hold on.

At the end of the day, if your gut is saying they lost your application or anything of that nature, do what you feel is appropriate. Have no regrets lol
"We would like to inform you that your application is complete. Your portal will have a red exclamation point stating you are in progress and this will remain until you are assigned to a screener. Once assigned, the checkmark will turn green and your application is now considered under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success."

did you get this email? it's my last communication from them.. I realized that the checkmark thing is probably from an old email template they forgot to change because my portal doesn't have any checkmarks and I read something online. So essentially I am not expecting to hear from them until they make a decision. I feel like whether they tell us or not when we have gone under review it doesn't matter, either way the decision is out of our hands. also I find it hard to imagine that an application can get "lost"
Hi guys, thanks for responding. I will send them an update letter today. I got the "application complete" email, but nothing that says "under review." Sad stuff, but I get it. Sounds like people who did get decisions and did not get the "under review" email, were ultimately rejected. I wonder if I was screened or something -- my MCAT is on the lower end of theirs.
 
Hi guys, thanks for responding. I will send them an update letter today. I got the "application complete" email, but nothing that says "under review." Sad stuff, but I get it. Sounds like people who did get decisions and did not get the "under review" email, were ultimately rejected. I wonder if I was screened or something -- my MCAT is on the lower end of theirs.
If it makes you feel any better, I got placed in their indefinite hold, which is basically a soft R I've been told.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm dying! I submitted 7/11 and haven't heard a single thing. Did they lose my app? Apparently interview seats are already filled now...
 
I'm dying! I submitted 7/11 and haven't heard a single thing. Did they lose my app? Apparently interview seats are already filled now...
Where’d you hear their interview seats are full? Not surprised based on recent ones being scheduled in Feb, but haven’t seen confirmation of them being full. Looks like they send the most R’s in the spring though even with the waves in the fall/winter.