2025-2026 Stanford

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! quick question...how long do yall recommend talking to initially answer the MMI question? I know we have 10 mins total but I'm sure that also includes a conversation with the other person, so I'm a bit unsure of what the standard is
 
Hey guys! quick question...how long do yall recommend talking to initially answer the MMI question? I know we have 10 mins total but I'm sure that also includes a conversation with the other person, so I'm a bit unsure of what the standard is
Try not to take up the whole amount of time. Point of MMI is to demonstrate that you fit in/that you jive well in the group. DON'T go over the allotted time. Try not to check your watch either!!
 
On MSAR Stanford interviewed 12 international student, 8 matriculated and 1 deferred. Given non 100% commit rate, I think you are in a really good position to be interviewed(They interview 2% of intl applicant and ~6% of domestic applicant)! But def still spend lots of time preparing.
this is very reassuring to hear, thank you!!
 
Try not to take up the whole amount of time. Point of MMI is to demonstrate that you fit in/that you jive well in the group. DON'T go over the allotted time. Try not to check your watch either!!
that makes sense! i think i have to just not be so stressed out and answer as i normally would LOL
 
mine is gone now lol, I sent my update letter within the timeline they told us of 1 week post-interview lol.
in ur update letter, did u mention anything that u already said during the interview? Or did u actually have a significant update in the week post-interview lol
 
in ur update letter, did u mention anything that u already said during the interview? Or did u actually have a significant update in the week post-interview lol
I kind of just briefly recapped my 2 minute summary and then added some additional things bc I didn’t get to give a full answer during the interview
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i submitted 8/2 and haven’t been rejected yet… is this a good sign?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they're so chill. just make sure you have answers prepared for the common "why MD instead of MD/PhD or PhD?" and "why med?" "why research?" while also knowing a lot about your research and ur role in it
Thank you so much, this is very helpful. Do you mind if I DM you a bit?
 
they're so chill. just make sure you have answers prepared for the common "why MD instead of MD/PhD or PhD?" and "why med?" "why research?" while also knowing a lot about your research and ur role in it
Yea agree. Also I don't think the school explained too well what PSTP really entailed, had to ask questions during the post interview social and the students there helped clarify a lot.
 
Yea agree. Also I don't think the school explained too well what PSTP really entailed, had to ask questions during the post interview social and the students there helped clarify a lot.
What time was the post interview social for y’all? Was it right after the interview? Was it mandatory? I have a flight to catch in the evening that day Eastern Time, and I really hope I can make both things.
 
Last edited:
What time was the post interview social for y’all? Was it right after the interview? Was it mandatory? I have a flight to catch in the evening that day Eastern Time, and I really hope I can make both things.
Mine is the Monday following my interview. It was pretty casual. the med students there are pretty chill and honest.
 
Hi, everyone! I got an email earlier today from Stanford titled "Stanford Medicine: Erroneous Rejection Notice". The email said "Due to a technical glitch in our system, you may have erroneously received a rejection notice from Stanford Medicine in response to your application to the MD/MSTP/PSTP programs. Please note that your application remains under active consideration. Our sincere apologies for any confusion and inconvenience this must have understandably caused on your end."

Just wondering if anyone else received this or...? I got the pre-interview "rejection" October 24th. Never had anything happen like this so far, lol.
 
Hi, everyone! I got an email earlier today from Stanford titled "Stanford Medicine: Erroneous Rejection Notice". The email said "Due to a technical glitch in our system, you may have erroneously received a rejection notice from Stanford Medicine in response to your application to the MD/MSTP/PSTP programs. Please note that your application remains under active consideration. Our sincere apologies for any confusion and inconvenience this must have understandably caused on your end."

Just wondering if anyone else received this or...? I got the pre-interview "rejection" October 24th. Never had anything happen like this so far, lol.
this is so wild haha
 
Hi, everyone! I got an email earlier today from Stanford titled "Stanford Medicine: Erroneous Rejection Notice". The email said "Due to a technical glitch in our system, you may have erroneously received a rejection notice from Stanford Medicine in response to your application to the MD/MSTP/PSTP programs. Please note that your application remains under active consideration. Our sincere apologies for any confusion and inconvenience this must have understandably caused on your end."

Just wondering if anyone else received this or...? I got the pre-interview "rejection" October 24th. Never had anything happen like this so far, lol.
That's shocking, congrats on still being in the running tho!
 
Curious if anyone who got rejected has been able to log into their portal. I got a pre-interview rejection on October 24th but didn't receive the erroneous rejection notice but I am not able to log into my portal to confirm which is weird because for my other schools I can still log into their portal after a pre-II rejection. I know I most likely got a legit pre-II rejection but I'm just curious if this is the case for anyone else lol!
 
Curious if anyone who got rejected has been able to log into their portal. I got a pre-interview rejection on October 24th but didn't receive the erroneous rejection notice but I am not able to log into my portal to confirm which is weird because for my other schools I can still log into their portal after a pre-II rejection. I know I most likely got a legit pre-II rejection but I'm just curious if this is the case for anyone else lol!
i went in to check the same thing lol and was also not able to log in
 
@seriouslywhatamidoing and @noeliejelly
The only way to find out if you were truly rejected or "erroneously rejected" would be to email Stanford admissions.
I'm not sure how you would word this email :shrug:, but make it brief, include the fact that you are locked out of the portal at present, and ask for an email reply to clarify your status.
I know you are probably tempted to call them but I don't think they will answer this on the phone.
There is at least one other California school that will lock you out of the portal if you are rejected or even if you miss their secondary submission deadline 😳
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PSTP is not the same as MD/PhD

MD/PhD is MSTP, PSTP is a 5 year research program
The distinction between PSTP and MSTP makes sense to me, but on the curriculum pathways it shows “regular MD + in-depth research pathway” (no extra degree) which is 5 years. But in the MD physician scientists programs, it lists PSTP, Berg Scholars, and MSTP. I’m confused if the “in-depth research experience pathway” and PSTP are two separate things.