-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
They definitely accept pre-II update letters. A quote from an additional email I received from them:They invite till march? Did they say anything about update letters?
"I hope you are doing well. Yes, we are still conducting interviews as part of the rolling process, so interviews are ongoing from August to March (timeline). You did the right thing, as it is always best to go to the source, as forums may not always be reliable sources."
does UCLA seem to be focusing more on GPA/MCAT for this year final admissions decisions? Most As on admit seem to be like 517+, anyone below that?
Also does preview matter? I heard its looked at post-II, but kinda bombed it. Any admits have lower preview score?
Also does preview matter? I heard its looked at post-II, but kinda bombed it. Any admits have lower preview score?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got in w/ 511does UCLA seem to be focusing more on GPA/MCAT for this year final admissions decisions? Most As on admit seem to be like 517+, anyone below that?
Also does preview matter? I heard its looked at post-II, but kinda bombed it. Any admits have lower preview score?
lebronjames124
Full Member
ur himI got in w/ 511
Sorry, late response. At minimum, you keep the financial aid package that you got offered on acceptance (barring big federal changes). I've had my financial aid bumped up through the years with new scholarships that you unlock during MS3 and MS4 years.Do you know if you have scholarships for M2- M4 as well?
That's their official answer. The office doesn't know what goes on behind the scenes because they're not on the admissions committee. Not a single person reported an II after December the last 3-4 cycles.I stopped by their office yesterday, they let me know their timeline is through March for interviews. Just wanted to let everyone know.
internalsparkler
Full Member
it's on the admitted students website sent in your acceptance email under announcements!What is the link for this? Accepted last month.
Anyone receive the brown bag notification? I'm in the mood for portal astrology. 🔮
Last edited:
research-girlie
Full Member
The brown bag emails get me everytime 😭
nontradmedic95
35 secondaries submitted, wallet empty.
I was so excited for about 3 milliseconds. Almost as bad as those Mason Philpot emails.The brown bag emails get me everytime 😭
willowskat
New Member
Thanks! Found it🙂go look at the admitted students page you received on your email, it's there. there's not a lot of ppl bc i don't think a lot knows about the link?
lebronjames124
Full Member
admissions love to troll us manThe brown bag emails get me everytime 😭
pray4meplease
New Member
… what does it mean if we don’t get these…The brown bag emails get me everytime 😭
lebronjames124
Full Member
everyone who gets brown bag are guaranteed As (the dean told me, I'm actually sitting next to him playing fortnite so its 100% true)… what does it mean if we don’t get these…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pray4meplease
New Member
i knew iteveryone who gets brown bag are guaranteed As (the dean told me, I'm actually sitting next to him playing fortnite so its 100% true)
did you interview?… what does it mean if we don’t get these…
Several off-topic posts were removed. Reminder to keep being professional with one another and to avoid escalating with other users.
It is a new year. I rather not have problems in this thread.
It is a new year. I rather not have problems in this thread.
If there are any active DGSOM students here, can you speak to what the commuting process is like for you for pre-clinical and clinical parts of the program? My impression is there is a wide net of locations for rotations, which is both wonderful and impressive. I am curious how much time people are typically spending commuting and how realistic it is to do some of this via bike or public transit. I recognize starting location will play a factor.
caffeinated_corgi
Full Member
1 new acceptance on admit 👀
The wait is killing me
Anyone from mid-November interview onward get accepted? Just wondering if they already reviewed those
lebronjames124
Full Member
fr i been waiting till sep lolThe wait is killing me
This person also reported another A supposedly from today so who knows if it was actually accurate 😭1 new acceptance on admit 👀
SurvivingPremedd
Full Member
Are they still sending interview invites? 🙁
research-girlie
Full Member
Hey all, how can I go about writing an update letter without begging for an A? All of my drafts have ended in essentially “please I lysm”
this is my only II and also my top choice and I’m losing the plot over here waiting 😭 if I got accepted I would 1000% go but I know they don’t want LOIs
this is my only II and also my top choice and I’m losing the plot over here waiting 😭 if I got accepted I would 1000% go but I know they don’t want LOIs
Isagi
Full Member
I really wonder, I thought I saw an invite on admit recently.Are they still sending interview invites? 🙁
Isagi
Full Member
I think only maybe if we are waitlisted it would be good to send the LOI?Hey all, how can I go about writing an update letter without begging for an A? All of my drafts have ended in essentially “please I lysm”
this is my only II and also my top choice and I’m losing the plot over here waiting 😭 if I got accepted I would 1000% go but I know they don’t want LOIs
I got accepted early December and interviewed first week in NovemberAnyone from mid-November interview onward get accepted? Just wondering if they already reviewed those
caffeinated_corgi
Full Member
I really hope we get more results soon bc I'm dying rn from the wait tooThe wait is killing me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations 🙂 Do you mind sharing stats?I got accepted early December and interviewed first week in November
To share with prospective applicants, their admissions and outreach offices are hosting webinars beginning today.
medschool.ucla.edu
January 13: Mission-aligned admissions and you
January 14: Virtual office hours
January 26: Mock MMI
February 6: PREview and DGSOM
Pre-Med | UCLA Medical School
Our pre med and post baccalaureate programs are designed to prepare promising students for professional training and careers in medicine.
January 13: Mission-aligned admissions and you
January 14: Virtual office hours
January 26: Mock MMI
February 6: PREview and DGSOM
TheRagingNeuron123
Full Member
Anyone know when they send decisions? Interviewed end of oct and Im lost as to why it's taking so long.
caffeinated_corgi
Full Member
Not the brown bag email getting me again
DGSOM Insight Series: Info Session for Military-connected Students and Student Veterans | UCLA Medical School
Join us for a panel of current DGSOM medical students leaders offering their insights and guidance navigating medical school as student veterans.
SurvivingPremedd
Full Member
Does anyone think we will see another wave of interviews in Jan/Feb?
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
We may, but one can only hope.Does anyone think we will see another wave of interviews in Jan/Feb?
DrDolittle67
Full Member
Anyone else see the recent II's posted on Admit? They seem kinda sus, the accounts are all brand new.
Don't know if interview invites are still going out, but interviews are still happening rn.Does anyone think we will see another wave of interviews in Jan/Feb?
They send it out in waves throughout the year. I didn't hear until late February my year. I know folks got accepted before and as late as May/June (for getting off waitlist).Anyone know when they send decisions? Interviewed end of oct and Im lost as to why it's taking so long.
Good question. Large majority of folks will be commuting via car during clerkship year. Assuming that you live in West LA near campus, the sites that are reasonable to consider bike, public transit, or Uber imo are Santa Monica, Reagan, and the VA. Cedars is iffy. I wouldn't for Kaiser Sunset. Not very reasonable for Olive View and Harbor. Keep in mind that public transit isn't always the most reliable, and you might want to consider something reliable during clerkships when you have patients waiting to be seen and residents/attendings waiting to round with you.If there are any active DGSOM students here, can you speak to what the commuting process is like for you for pre-clinical and clinical parts of the program? My impression is there is a wide net of locations for rotations, which is both wonderful and impressive. I am curious how much time people are typically spending commuting and how realistic it is to do some of this via bike or public transit. I recognize starting location will play a factor.
In terms of time spent on commute, it's largely dependent on that day's traffic situation. Olive View is sorta nice cause you're driving against traffic both ways so it's 35-40min ish. Harbor coming back in the afternoon/evening is slightly horrific imo. Even at your "closer" sites in Santa Monica and Cedars, bad luck with traffic in the evening can easily make your commute up to 30-45min (most of the time more like 20ish minutes).
I will say that if minimizing commute is something you want to do, you have an opportunity to prioritize that when you're ranking sites in our clerkship lottery during before MS2 year. I know multiple classmates that only did rotations in Santa Monica, Reagan, and the VA. The large majority of us will be scattered throughout LA however.
Are interviews running til mid or late January here? Totally get if you can't say exactly if you're involved with admissions etc!Don't know if interview invites are still going out, but interviews are still happening rn.
Any idea of the post II rate at DGSOM (mostly curious specifically for trad MD), or anything regarding the financial/loans/BBB situation? Thanks!
Also, if you're close to the end of your time at DGSOM, are you happy with your choice of school, and feel supported in the match/deciding a specialty?
Last edited:
I want to thank you for taking the time to write this up, its super helpful. I hear you about the importance of ensuring we are at sites in a timely manner to prevent delays for patients, other students, and residents/attendings. Time to start saving up for a car!Good question. Large majority of folks will be commuting via car during clerkship year. Assuming that you live in West LA near campus, the sites that are reasonable to consider bike, public transit, or Uber imo are Santa Monica, Reagan, and the VA. Cedars is iffy. I wouldn't for Kaiser Sunset. Not very reasonable for Olive View and Harbor. Keep in mind that public transit isn't always the most reliable, and you might want to consider something reliable during clerkships when you have patients waiting to be seen and residents/attendings waiting to round with you.
In terms of time spent on commute, it's largely dependent on that day's traffic situation. Olive View is sorta nice cause you're driving against traffic both ways so it's 35-40min ish. Harbor coming back in the afternoon/evening is slightly horrific imo. Even at your "closer" sites in Santa Monica and Cedars, bad luck with traffic in the evening can easily make your commute up to 30-45min (most of the time more like 20ish minutes).
I will say that if minimizing commute is something you want to do, you have an opportunity to prioritize that when you're ranking sites in our clerkship lottery during before MS2 year. I know multiple classmates that only did rotations in Santa Monica, Reagan, and the VA. The large majority of us will be scattered throughout LA however.
Isagi
Full Member
LOL probably not a good idea...Is anyone brave enough to ask admissions at the brown bag session right now when they're gonna start sending decisions lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
caffeinated_corgi
Full Member
Take one for the team and ask rn 😅😂Is anyone brave enough to ask admissions at the brown bag session right now when they're gonna start sending decisions lol
I got an II early september im dying for a decision LMAOLOL probably not a good idea...
lebronjames124
Full Member
lmaooo feel uI got an II early september im dying for a decision LMAO
caffeinated_corgi
Full Member
The main update is that if you did not apply for a pathway during your initial secondary app you can apply now (Due 2/13). I think the main takeaways were that the pathways are very competitive (the Urban Health pathway only has 8-10 people per cohort for example). I went to the global health breakout room and they really emphasized that the pathway is meant for someone who wants global health to be a cornerstone of their career and that if your more so just looking for international experience the global health concentration, not pathway, might be better for you as i still allows for the potential to travel abroad but isn't as intensive/focused
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K