2025-2026 UCLA (Geffen)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
those who are getting accepted, is your Preview score very good? I have no interview yet but did very poorly in preview and wondeirng if it is a factor.
I did awful in PREview and still got a II and a Prime II. I can't imagine it meaning much.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
unfortunately no 🙁 a MS1 on interview day told me financial aid also is not great but they do have scholarships for PRIME students
My MS1 PRIME friends also told me this. Specifically, traditional DGSOM doesn’t give out need-based fin aid anymore, but PRIME does
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS A!!! My top choice!!! Fingers crossed y'all will be there too!

(edited to include more details: I missed a call from a 213 phone number this morning - Fri, Dec 19 - at 9:48AM and I got an email with the acceptance at 9:46AM! I submitted my secondary 7/26, interviewed on 10/27, sent an update in AMP on 12/14, and was accepted on 12/19) hopefully this helps!
 
Last edited:
do we think they’ll be working today/tomorrow? 12/24 office hours are still listed on the website… what are the odds of more A’s coming out before the holiday break? 😭
 
do we think they’ll be working today/tomorrow? 12/24 office hours are still listed on the website… what are the odds of more A’s coming out before the holiday break? 😭

They canceled office hours last week and this!

When did people interview here, especially those who are yet to hear back? Did anyone interview here this week or last? Curious because of the OH Cancellation if many people were off last week itself.
 
Hi all - new here, 12/8 interviewee just waiting for the decision.

Wondering if there were any IIs from 11/17 - 12/5? If anyone interviewed between them. I scoured here, admit, reddit, and found dates earlier in November and a few Dec dates, but noth in between. Wondering if us December interviewees may actually be hearing pretty soon...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all - new here, 12/8 interviewee just waiting for the decision.

Wondering if there were any IIs from 11/17 - 12/5? If anyone interviewed between them. I scoured here, admit, reddit, and found dates earlier in November and a few Dec dates, but noth in between. Wondering if us December interviewees may actually be hearing pretty soon...
I was an 11/7 interviewee and still haven't heard back, but that could just be my case.
 
For some reason when I go to cycle track for geffen there is no graph showing that

Here is what I see:
1767052866253.png
 
Hearing there's no finaid here, for those of us from low-income families who are above the federal loan cap (very expensive COA even IS) and can't have a cosigner (doubt my parents would qualify). Can we even get loans? Obviously I will be choosing the cheapest school, but wondering if UCLA would even be mathematically possible.
 
Hearing there's no finaid here, for those of us from low-income families who are above the federal loan cap (very expensive COA even IS) and can't have a cosigner (doubt my parents would qualify). Can we even get loans? Obviously I will be choosing the cheapest school, but wondering if UCLA would even be mathematically possible.
The Geffen scholarship stopped in 2022 because David Geffen didn't renew his donation for the scholarship but there is another scholarship called the Leaders of Tomorrow Scholars. It's for people they deem to be future leaders of change in the field of medicine but you need to have a strong foothold in healthcare innovations for that.

You can still get loans and it's cheap if you're in-state (relatively speaking).
 
The Geffen scholarship stopped in 2022 because David Geffen didn't renew his donation for the scholarship but there is another scholarship called the Leaders of Tomorrow Scholars. It's for people they deem to be future leaders of change in the field of medicine but you need to have a strong foothold in healthcare innovations for that.

You can still get loans and it's cheap if you're in-state (relatively speaking).
Is there any reason to hope that there might be more scholarships given out this cycle?? I'm just holding onto hope.
 
The Geffen scholarship stopped in 2022 because David Geffen didn't renew his donation for the scholarship but there is another scholarship called the Leaders of Tomorrow Scholars. It's for people they deem to be future leaders of change in the field of medicine but you need to have a strong foothold in healthcare innovations for that.

You can still get loans and it's cheap if you're in-state (relatively speaking).
I'm in state. I see a cost of 97,916 for the school year, and then 12, 300 for that summer. around 110,000 for 3 years and 100,000 for the last year.

That's not cheap at all, even for Harvard Med School the annual COA was like 108-112k. So in staters will pay the same as a private MD school, and OOS-ers will pay more.

More importantly, it's 50-60k/year over the federal limit for IN STATE students, so a in state student will need 200-250k in supplemental loans. My question is will anyone loan that to me with no cosigner and decent but not great credit? And if they do, I bet it'll be at a high teens APR 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I obviously don't know how true it is bc obviously they're going to try and make themselves sound better but at interview day they said they offer a majority of in state students some sort of aid