Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, not yetYou are talking about ucla receiving primary. What about secondary? Have you received that?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No, not yetYou are talking about ucla receiving primary. What about secondary? Have you received that?
it doesn't say "if applicable" or anything, so yes, I assume you need to write it.Is the COVID essay required?
When were you verified?+1 IS secondary
I was verified by June 25th I believe. Definitely before the June 27th release.When were you verified?
They accept a total of three applications (2 re-applications)!Does ucla consider third time applicants? If anyone can shed light on this?
No, not all hope is lost!I submitted my primary on the day it opened and was verified on 5/28 (OOS applicant, regular MD). Is all hope lost for receiving a secondary at this point, considering that I was one of the first few applicants to be verified?
First ones were sent literally a week ago, chillI submitted my primary on the day it opened and was verified on 5/28 (OOS applicant, regular MD). Is all hope lost for receiving a secondary at this point, considering that I was one of the first few applicants to be verified?
Yes, they do+1 OOS
Does UCLA prescreen?
6/6When was everyone verified?
If I have to tell y'all to chill out one more time I swear… it’s not even been two weeks. Plenty of people get secondaries well into August and still interviewIf we didn’t get a secondary yet, should we assume we’re cooked?
Before 6/27, I am OOS and no ties to CA or LAWhen was everyone verified?
you're doing the hard work out here, we appreciate you 😂If I have to tell y'all to chill out one more time I swear… it’s not even been two weeks. Plenty of people get secondaries well into August and still interview
you're doing the hard work out here, we appreciate you 😂
I’m here to say you are right! Just got secondary at 9:10 pm.If I have to tell y'all to chill out one more time I swear… it’s not even been two weeks. Plenty of people get secondaries well into August and still interview
lol you were right….. just got the secondary at 9 PM on a Saturday 😂😂If I have to tell y'all to chill out one more time I swear… it’s not even been two weeks. Plenty of people get secondaries well into August and still interview
Covid essay isn't optional, or at least it did not say so on the portal.Is the COVID-19 essay optional?
Is there another volunteer opportunity you could write about? Or come at it from a different angle (different situation/moment, different lesson/skill learned), which would be my recommendation.B-Describe your most important volunteer work and why it was meaningful. (800 characters)
for this essay what if its already one of our MME's?
try to think outside of the box. did it strengthen your interest in medicine? maybe cause you to be more interested in certain subjects/specialties? did it affect organizations you joined or classes you took when you joined university? did you learn something about yourself during online learning (even in high school) that will translate to your future somehow? was there another unique way in which social isolation impacted you in a way that affected your journey to medical school?This is similar to UVA's required covid-19 prompt, but what do we write about if Covid never affected us in university? The pandemic was basically over by my first year, and none of my EC's or learning was affected. I feel like it's a bad idea to just write the pandemic didn't affect me.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.