2025-2026 UTMB (Sealy)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I saw that someone who interviewed on September 3rd received a prematch (congrats btw!). I also interviewed that day, do you think that means all the prematches for September 3rd interviewees have already been sent out?
We don't know for sure how it is this year, but historically we have reevaluated the entire candidate pool for each prematch wave. (The answer to your question is likely no.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did the email say if they are done reviewing files, I haven’t gotten an II or R
Nope!
"Unfortunately, I regret to inform you that your application is no longer under consideration for the EY26 with The John Sealy School of Medicine at The University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston.

At this time, we cannot provide individualized reviews or respond to specific inquiries regarding the decision.

We appreciate the effort and dedication you invested in your application to The John Sealy School of Medicine. While we understand this news may be disappointing, we want to express our sincere gratitude for your interest in our program.

We wish you the best in all your future endeavors."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait really? Then why wouldn’t they send everyone pre II rejections
A) because you want them to check carefully and be sure they are sending these "we're sorry, but it's over" emails to the right people.
B) they may be holding on to a few of you in case someone who currently has an interview scheduled withdraws from their interview.
 
A) because you want them to check carefully and be sure they are sending these "we're sorry, but it's over" emails to the right people.
B) they may be holding on to a few of you in case someone who currently has an interview scheduled withdraws from their interview.
what @wysdoc said.
 
Question: I’m currently post-interview but pre acceptance/rejection and recently started working at a pain clinic as a patient coordinator. Knowing I’m on track for med school, the doctor there also allows me to shadow him for various procedures. Should I send an update letter? And if so do I just send it through email and/or AMP?
 
Question: I’m currently post-interview but pre acceptance/rejection and recently started working at a pain clinic as a patient coordinator. Knowing I’m on track for med school, the doctor there also allows me to shadow him for various procedures. Should I send an update letter? And if so do I just send it through email and/or AMP?
Their website mentions that updates can be submitted through the portal or by emailing the admissions office. Since they explicitly state that they accept updates, I think it wouldn't hurt to send one! If you want to be extra sure, you could always send them a quick email to check if they're open to updates from applicants post-interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1762801976154.png
This is their cycle tracker from last year-- some R went out in November-- but the majority went out in December. Last year they also gave out interviews later into November-- hopefully it is like that this year as well
 
Sorry to hear that 🙁((((— did they say they were done reviewing files?
No, email didn't say that, but I think they have a few interview spots left and are individually reviewing all the apps that haven't received an R yet. My guess is that people who haven't gotten an R are on the fence for getting an interview or not, and they're slowly weeding people out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, email didn't say that, but I think they have a few interview spots left and are individually reviewing all the apps that haven't received an R yet. My guess is that people who haven't gotten an R are on the fence for getting an interview or not, and they're slowly weeding people out.
I do wonder if they are going to slowly trickle out R to people or just mass reject like they did in previous years. I submitted really early (mid June) and haven't gotten an R, but am not holding out hope that I will receive an interview.
 
Has anyone had any luck with sending letter of interest?
I’m post-interview but pre A/R, I sent them an update letter with new activities and included 1-2 paragraphs of intent/interest. Will update if anything changes.

I personally wouldn’t send a letter with intent/interest only unless I was getting desperate. But alas I am also simply just an applicant so take my advice with a grain of salt.
 
Pre-II but haven't received an R yet. UTMB is one of my top choices. Should I send a letter of interest? Only thing is I do not have any significant updates (just continuing classes and ECs)