2025-2026 UTMB (Sealy)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II but haven't received an R yet. UTMB is one of my top choices. Should I send a letter of interest? Only thing is I do not have any significant updates (just continuing classes and ECs)
At this point I can't see how it would hurt. Worst is they don't read it but maybe they do and it helps you just a bit. Go for it.
 
Anyone who has interviewed, can you explain the interview format? I know it's 6 scenario based and 1 open but what does open mean and what are they expecting?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who has interviewed, can you explain the interview format? I know it's 6 scenario based and 1 open but what does open mean and what are they expecting?
The one that is not a scenario is your chance to talk about yourself and say why you would be a good choice for them
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the numbers regarding what portion of the class pre-matches, matches, and gets off the waitlist? I've heard that UTMB is pre-match heavy but don't know what that means.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS II! Sent an update letter on 11/17 and got a message saying they received it and would add it to my file to be reviewed by admissions. Not sure if it helped or not but I'm going to gaslight myself into thinking it did lol. Unfortunately I think this might be the last batch of II to go out, the calendar only had the very last week of interview dates as an option 🙁Hopefully there will be one more!
 
@wysdoc or anyone who has insight; Any wisdom on emailing this school after sending an update letter through AMP to see if it was received, or is that seen as neurotically redundant?
It's redundant. There seems to be a new round of interview invitations going out this week so maybe that will include you
 
Wonder if people are turning down IIs because they are happy with their prematches.

It feels like they are filling some spots that didnt get filled for the open dates.
 
How many ppl do they usually interview per day on those listed dates? Seems like there are 7 available dates left— I wonder if they planned to fill them all at once, or sprinkle them in leading up to those dates
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre II R. Very competitive application season. This season was a record right for medical school admissions applications for TMDSAS?