A.T. Still University Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey I just had a question to any current students of the Phoenix CHC if you have a second please. I was wondering about relocating after first year, is it possible to still live in the Mesa area or do most students rent closer to the CHC after first year? Thank you.

I know a good chunk of my classmates stayed in Mesa. It's a hell of a commute but people do it.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Clinical, Volunteer or Community Service .List verifiable volunteer clinic/health experience (for example at a community health center, IHS clinic, physician's office, hospital, or something similar). Community health center and IHS experience must be verified by letter from the center."

.So does this mean I need another LOR? I have two health related volunteer activities but only got a LOR from one. The other activity is at a Community health center. It would seem silly to not put it on this application but I really didn't want to bother her for a LOR (she gets a lot of requests and I haven't volunteered there as much as at the other place I got a LOR). .

I have a quick question. What does "IHS" experience stand for?

Shameless BUMP. lol

Hey guys... I'm bumping this thread to see who is at the Visalia CHC (since you guys are now in your third year I believe). I was recently accepted into SOMA and I would really like to ask a few questions as to what hospitals are in the California CHC and your experience at the family healthcare network in Porterville. Thank you guys and gals and congrats on all of the success thus far!