2021-2022 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Declining interview and withdrawing app. I hope my interview goes to someone on here! Secondary submitted 7/6

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an interview but will be declining!
3.5 505 ORM OOS

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a full acceptance. Interviewed 12/1. Accepted pending seat 12/15.
So excited!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Is the alternate waiting list different from pending seats? I was waitlisted a couple of weeks ago. Does this school have substantial waitlist movement? Thank you all! Good luck!

II invite just now. Scheduled for 03/02. Does anyone know if there are still seats open or if we’re now interviewing for the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now, will be declining! Good luck! I peeked at the availability, it was only showing 03/02 and 03/04. They're very short interviews too, only 2.5 hours?

It sounds like from earlier posts that this is likely an interview for a seat pending an opening. The email says "one of 160 seats in our next class" not specifying class of 2026... Not sure what to make of that. (edited for clarity)

My stats are 3.6 GPA, 3.58 sGPA, 509 MCAT that is very unbalanced

Reactions: 1 user
II just now, will be declining! Good luck! I peeked at the availability, it was only showing 03/02 and 03/04. They're very short interviews too, only 2.5 hours?

It sounds like from earlier posts that this is likely an interview for a seat pending an opening. The email says "one of 160 seats in our next class" not specifying specifically class of 2026 or not... Not sure what to make of that.

My stats are 3.6 GPA, 3.58 sGPA, 509 MCAT that is very unbalanced
thank you for all the info! <3

Interviewed last month 1/28, thinking they will get back to me by tomorrow since that would be 3 weeks?

Got an interview but will be declining the offer .. I hope one of you beautiful people gets it 🙏🏽

Hi y'all! Interviewed 01/28 and I received the "accepted pending open seat" call Fri 02/18.

Question for current students. Do you go into the CHC everyday (M-F) or is it a couple of times a week and the rest of the time we're in small groups? Like, is there a classroom/lecture hall in the CHC?

Any fourth-year female students size M interested in selling their scrubs?

Question for current students. Do you go into the CHC everyday (M-F) or is it a couple of times a week and the rest of the time we're in small groups? Like, is there a classroom/lecture hall in the CHC?
i'm not sure if that varies CHC to CHC but i talked to an ambassador whos a second year and they said that they dedicate one day to chc work, one day is for exams, and then there's small group. i think lecture is self study they said

I haven't heard anything since submitting my secondary in July.... anyone in the same boat? (Low MCAT score here)

Hi everyone! Accepted full seat today. How does this work if I haven't picked my CHC yet? The voice-mail says it was a full seat but doesn't mention anything about the CHCs, although I did get an email about the CHC overview. Who do I submit my CHC ranking to? I haven't received an acceptance email yet, just the call (and the voice-mail) from Admissions.
Additionally, is the PBL curriculum just for first year or also second year? Can any current PBL students talk about whether they like or dislike this curriculum?

Interviewed 2/11 and received the acceptance pending open seat call! Does anyone know the likelihood of getting off the waitlist?

Interview on Wednesday. Can anyone give some insight on what the interview is like? Traditional? Open or closed file? Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! Accepted full seat today. How does this work if I haven't picked my CHC yet? The voice-mail says it was a full seat but doesn't mention anything about the CHCs, although I did get an email about the CHC overview. Who do I submit my CHC ranking to? I haven't received an acceptance email yet, just the call (and the voice-mail) from Admissions.
Additionally, is the PBL curriculum just for first year or also second year? Can any current PBL students talk about whether they like or dislike this curriculum?
Were you able to secure a chc? You should have received separate emails for ranking your CHCs and an official offer of admission soon after you received the call. Also, PBL will be for both years.

Hi everyone. I was wondering if there are any current SOMA students on here that can talk about their CHCs? I got placed at the Brooklyn site and wanted to get some more information on it. Thanks!

Got a full acceptance today. Interviewed like 2-3 weeks ago. Received a phone call before the email. Going to be withdrawing-- hope it goes to one of you! Good luck!. DM me with questions.

anyone know until when they interview? it's been silent since I submitted secondary in Aug.

Does anyone know if there is an academic calendar that includes all the holidays and breaks? I can only find semester start and end dates, no holidays or breaks mentioned.

After debating it heavily, I will be withdrawing my full seat here today. Hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck. You can DM me with questions if you have any.

Do we just send an email with our chc ranking or is their a form ?

Accepted pending seat! Do we know what the movement is like?

How do we know if it’s accepted pending seat or full accept.

Do we know how long it takes to get a waitlist or a post-II R email after interviews? Still waiting to hear back from 2/18 and losing hope :/

Do we know how long it takes to get a waitlist or a post-II R email after interviews? Still waiting to hear back from 2/18 and losing hope :/
Did you send an update letter? Id imagine you'll hear back any time but an update letter could help.

Has anyone moved up in CHC choice after being locked in to a location.

no, i locked a location but was added to a waitlist for another one but haven't heard anything
I wouldn’t bank on being able to switch chc’s too easily. Class of 2025 were promised a switch in the beginning of the class and admin only allowed us to do a switch process last month. It became a pity party on who has the most valid reason to switch as well. Your best bet is to secure a person who would like to switch with you and hope that admin allows the switch sooner than later.

Also wanna add that the only behavioral health provider for ATSU SOMA is leaving and no announcement of replacement has been announced. If you value your mental health a lot, you might want to address this to admin before committing to this school.

I wouldn’t bank on being able to switch chc’s too easily. Class of 2025 were promised a switch in the beginning of the class and admin only allowed us to do a switch process last month. It became a pity party on who has the most valid reason to switch as well. Your best bet is to secure a person who would like to switch with you and hope that admin allows the switch sooner than later.
i'm aware of this! but wanted to give the person perspective of how unlikely it is to move up in CHC. i am happy with my choice but was still hoping to be closer to ATSU