Applying to Noorda COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedLife210

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
So I am applying to Noorda COM, and I’ve seen some good and bad press for it, but never any real specifics other than they have a new approach, etc. Right now, my number 1 goal is to just get accepted SOMEWHERE, but if anyone can tell me a bit more about why I should or shouldn’t consider them (new school and all), I would greatly appreciate it! Also, if you’ve applied/got accepted and could DM I have a couple of questions for you! Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

If you haven’t already, you may want to try to school specific thread too.

Reactions: 1 user
Brand new schools take time for their faculty to learn how to gel together and deliver a coherent curriculum.

Brand new schools often lack the support structures necessary for the students to navigate their curriculum and deal with the stress towards medical school, which are not insignificant.

The students graduating from brand-new schools are an unknown quantity to program directors.

The curriculum at Norda is something that to my eyes is constructed of Faculty who barely phone in their expertise and guidance. Doing this with brand new faculty is an extra risk factor to students who are most probably going to be weaker than your typical med student.

Brand new schools have less rigorous rotations then do more established schools.

Being a for-profit school, the needs of the investors are more important than the needs of the students.

If these reasons are not enough to prevent you from going, then by all means, go.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Brand new schools take time for their faculty to learn how to gel together and deliver a coherent curriculum.

Brand new schools often lack the support structures necessary for the students to navigate their curriculum and deal with the stress towards medical school, which are not insignificant.

The students graduating from brand-new schools are an unknown quantity to program directors.

The curriculum at Norda is something that to my eyes is constructed of Faculty who barely phone in their expertise and guidance. Doing this with brand new faculty is an extra risk factor to students who are most probably going to be weaker than your typical med student.

Brand new schools have less rigorous rotations then do more established schools.

Being a for-profit school, the needs of the investors are more important than the needs of the students.

If these reasons are not enough to prevent you from going, then by all means, go.
Thanks for the reply and the info! Just had to add that last line huh? Lol Also, aren’t all medical schools, and colleges in general, for profit?

Last edited: