ATSU/KCOM (Kirksville) Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some better than others I suppose you could say. You are given note packets and they are all you need for exams. Some people went to every lecture, some went to none and listened to them later, and then others didn't even bother with lecture and just studied the notes and outside sources. Its your own personal learning style and you will figure out what works for you.

Thanks dani, great info....so there isn't mandatory attendance for (most) classes?

Members don't see this ad.

Here's another "accepted pending a seat"! I interviewed on 1/20. Of course I'd rather be accepted sooner than later the guaranteed seat for next year is pretty sweet and reassuring :).

Thanks dani, great info....so there isn't mandatory attendance for (most) classes?

Nah almost all lectures (excluding radiology lectures once a block) are optional, at least so far. And they are all recorded and uploaded as podcasts immediately so you can listen to it at double speed at your leisure. All labs are required though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, I've been in contact with a real estate agent in Kirksville that said she would be happy to show me around. She said their is a lot of affordable housing in very close proximity to KCOM, which is exactly what I am looking for.

Could you send me her contact info. I'd like my wife to go around touring for housing while I'm on campus.

Hey all,
I'm applying in a few months for the 2013 entering clas, and I am just trying to figure what schools to. One question... how hard is it at KCOM to get the core clinical region of your choice? Does everyone pretty much get their first or second pick, or are some people disappointed? Which regions are the most competitive?

Thanks

Hey all,
I'm applying in a few months for the 2013 entering clas, and I am just trying to figure what schools to. One question... how hard is it at KCOM to get the core clinical region of your choice? Does everyone pretty much get their first or second pick, or are some people disappointed? Which regions are the most competitive?

Thanks
I think they mentioned that all but a few students got their first choice this year (they mentioned that when I interviewed this past fall).

Could you send me her contact info. I'd like my wife to go around touring for housing while I'm on campus.

PM sent

I think they mentioned that all but a few students got their first choice this year (they mentioned that when I interviewed this past fall).

Yea, I remember hearing ~95% get their first or second choice.

Most people get some place they chose. But even those that don't end up happy for the most part. Each class varies with the more popular sites. It depends on the make up of your classmates, where everyone is from originally, etc.

Hey all,

Thanks

Here's another "accepted pending a seat"! I interviewed on 1/20. Of course I'd rather be accepted sooner than later the guaranteed seat for next year is pretty sweet and reassuring :).

Another accepted pending seat here. Interviewed 2/3

I have an interview coming up with them this friday Feb 24.

How did the interview go and do you recall the questions or types of questions they have asked? I am starting my research to prepare for this interview and have read only a little bit about the interview so far. From what I do know, there are two, one-on-one interviews that may go up to an hour long...How was that experience?

Just for clarification, if you do not get a seat this fall of 2012, you have a spot in the class enrolling 2013? I got an email and I think that is what she was saying about it.

Thanks in advance for your help/insight.

Also how long did it take for you to find out about your acceptance status?
Thanks

I have an interview coming up with them this friday Feb 24.

How did the interview go and do you recall the questions or types of questions they have asked? I am starting my research to prepare for this interview and have read only a little bit about the interview so far. From what I do know, there are two, one-on-one interviews that may go up to an hour long...How was that experience?

Just for clarification, if you do not get a seat this fall of 2012, you have a spot in the class enrolling 2013? I got an email and I think that is what she was saying about it.

Thanks in advance for your help/insight.

There are three one on one interviews, two of them are scheduled to run an hour long. As far as questions, your best bet is to look at the interview feedback section of sdn. If you receive a acceptance pending seat then yes, if you do not get a seat for 2012 you are in for
2013. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't even know what that means, but it makes me happy. I really enjoyed my interview and Kirksville. Here's to hoping for an admit soon!
It means its been too quiet around here!

I agree with that! I really hope Kirksville pulls through for me. I can promise you it won't be quiet then :)

Same. I am just laying low and waiting for that call saying "Your pending seat has opened!! Yay for you!"

Same. I am just laying low and waiting for that call saying "Your pending seat has opened!! Yay for you!"
Eric, I think you should probably hear something after the May deadline (so like the end of May). Who knows, it could be earlier, I'm just going off of last years thread. I would say that you are sitting pretty good, I don't know if the list is ranked or if it is a first come type thing.

Cougardiver, when did you interview?

tumblr_lo3p3nzuxi1qf2lpz.gif

I don't even know what that means, but it makes me happy. I really enjoyed my interview and Kirksville. Here's to hoping for an admit soon!

:xf::luck:

Eric, I think you should probably hear something after the May deadline (so like the end of May). Who knows, it could be earlier, I'm just going off of last years thread. I would say that you are sitting pretty good, I don't know if the list is ranked or if it is a first come type thing.

Cougardiver, when did you interview?

I interviewed on 2/20, Monday. Great school. Great experience. I've got the deposit check ready to mail :)

Well... looks like I'll most likely be coming to ATSU!

Just got a straight rejection from my state MD school. Weird because I was average stats and did well on the interview (best out of all my interviews this cycle).

Disappointed at the moment from the rejection, but still glad I'll be going to a great school either way. Still have to wait on one more school, but it's a school in a huge city. Not sure if I want to be stressed with living on top of school work.

Oh that was recent! Well fingers are crossed!

Yes indeed. They said two to four weeks...these may be the most painful two to four weeks of my life. At least I have SDN to ease the pain :)

Well... looks like I'll most likely be coming to ATSU!

Just got a straight rejection from my state MD school. Weird because I was average stats and did well on the interview (best out of all my interviews this cycle).

Disappointed at the moment from the rejection, but still glad I'll be going to a great school either way. Still have to wait on one more school, but it's a school in a huge city. Not sure if I want to be stressed with living on top of school work.

Sorry to hear about the rejection. But welcome :thumbup:

Yes indeed. They said two to four weeks...these may be the most painful two to four weeks of my life. At least I have SDN to ease the pain :)

Ha, they can still be painfull. SDN likes to make people a little more neurotic :laugh:

Ha, they can still be painfull. SDN likes to make people a little more neurotic :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Too true...too true...

Hopefully we'll be classmates soon!

I was just reviewing the thread history here, and today was magic Wednesday....did anyone hear anything back from the ADCOM today? I didn't ask if they were meeting today while I was there, but other posts indicate that every Wednesday they gather.

Ok....as promised....it WILL NOT BE QUIET!!!!!! I just got admitted pending a seat! Let the party begin! I am going to be a doctor!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!

fireworks.jpg

Pending seat life... I start my day by reading all the new posts on SDN to see if any of my fellow future colleagues got the magical call... check my phone for missed calls, check email, visit KCOM website read the same stuff over and over again... look for housing in case they call me... Repeat at school, lunch, work, dinner and before bed. Then I dream about it... I'm loosing it guys!!! :s

Pending seat life... I start my day by reading all the new posts on SDN to see if any of my fellow future colleagues got the magical call... check my phone for missed calls, check email, visit KCOM website read the same stuff over and over again... look for housing in case they call me... Repeat at school, lunch, work, dinner and before bed. Then I dream about it... I'm loosing it guys!!! :s

Well...... .... ..... ... At least I'm not alone? :thumbup:

Well...... .... ..... ... At least I'm not alone? :thumbup:

I'm not going crazy yet, but its only been about 7 hours....by tomorrow...I'll be right there with you!
Class of 2016...here we hope to come!

Mbeas, when are you going down to Kirksville in March?

Well, the plan as of now is March 12 and I'm probably gonna be in Missouri all week (between Kirksville, STL, and Columbia).

Ok....as promised....it WILL NOT BE QUIET!!!!!! I just got admitted pending a seat! Let the party begin! I am going to be a doctor!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!

:thumbup: 'grats broski

So I also got accepted pending an open seat (Interviewed 2/17). Do you guys know if it is first come first serve when it comes down to the open seat or are we ranked in a different way?

Can't wait to see you all on campus - either this upcoming year or next!:)

I totally forgot about the background check again...
I'm not going to be home for a while now. Can anyone check what date it's due by? :D

I totally forgot about the background check again...
I'm not going to be home for a while now. Can anyone check what date it's due by? :D

I think the acceptance packet says 30 days from your acceptance deposit? I could be wrong. You can always contact admissions to make sure.

I think the acceptance packet says 30 days from your acceptance deposit? I could be wrong. You can always contact admissions to make sure.

Ohcrap if you're right..

So I also got accepted pending an open seat (Interviewed 2/17). Do you guys know if it is first come first serve when it comes down to the open seat or are we ranked in a different way?

Can't wait to see you all on campus - either this upcoming year or next!:)
I asked them if we (the pending seats) are ranked and they said "We don't release any rankings of the list--when you are next on the list we'll give you a call." More excitement to our waiting I guess...

I asked them if we (the pending seats) are ranked and they said "We don't release any rankings of the list--when you are next on the list we'll give you a call." More excitement to our waiting I guess...

What if we started a list here trying to figure out how many of us are in a similar situation and then we will know who has gotten a seat and how far up the list we've moved? Yes? No? Thoughts?

I'll start the accepted pending an open seat (APOS) list:

kson223: interviewed: 2/17. APOS notification: 2/23

Good idea!

Interviewed 1/19. Accepted with pending seat 2/10

~4 more years ladies and gents

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjl9D2EEvCE[/YOUTUBE]

What if we started a list here trying to figure out how many of us are in a similar situation and then we will know who has gotten a seat and how far up the list we've moved? Yes? No? Thoughts?

I'll start the accepted pending an open seat (APOS) list:

kson223: interviewed: 2/17. APOS notification: 2/23
sure. I'm in!

Interviewed 2/17, accepted (pending an open seat) 2/23! :)

Last edited: