Basics 2.0: The Hubris of the Champions - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pippy, I want you to state on thread right now you are the loyal village jailer. Full state in words, not implied
Oh 100%, I am the loyal jailer, as I have been implying since literally the beginning of the game. Which means Cubs is HARD CLEARED.

I don't think there is protection tonight so this is real cute.

You're welcome for getting a village win, everyone.

Don't **** it up when I'm dead.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh 100%, I am the loyal jailer, as I have been implying since literally the beginning of the game. Which means Cubs is HARD CLEARED.

I don't think there is protection tonight so this is real cute.

You're welcome for getting a village win, everyone.

Don't **** it up when I'm dead.

Im not used to being so positively viewed! *faints*

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, remember the days when WW was about lynching wolves? Those were good times.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay for a fun game, I am curious on everyone’s current reads, feel like that is a fun game.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think everyone should.

Based off of how pippy went against the plan knowing it put wolves in checkmate, I am going:
Pippy

Dubz

(Yes there are only two people on my list, how strange)
I second this. I would have you near the top of this list, but I am completely unable to come up with a way that you would be a wolf and win this if we follow the plan and lynch you tomorrow. I’m sure I’m at the top of a lot of other peoples list.

I think everyone should.

Based off of how pippy went against the plan knowing it put wolves in checkmate, I am going:
Pippy

Dubz

(Yes there are only two people on my list, how strange)
Again, hilarious. My list is also only two people.

1. Nelly
2. Nav

Maybe you should start the trend again
Apparently nobody listens to me in these games anymore. I'm not a fancy enough player.

So... I forgot I work 8-12CDT tomorrow. Fun times. When does this game go into speed mode? Please tell me it's afternoon?
I think it starts in speed mode after might closes, at least that was my understanding. Though I don't remember cycle lengths.

I second this. I would have you near the top of this list, but I am completely unable to come up with a way that you would be a wolf and win this if we follow the plan and lynch you tomorrow. I’m sure I’m at the top of a lot of other peoples list.
We're going to ignore the fact that I proposed an idea to hard clear a **** ton of villagers or shoot a wolf, put the choice for who to act on entirely in other people's hands, tried to get people coordinated so that there was no one who could back out or lie about it, while all the while, there are people claiming seer and redirector bopping around unblocked and alive?

Get out of the pocket, it's not a good look for you

Again, hilarious. My list is also only two people.

1. Nelly
2. Nav

Apparently nobody listens to me in these games anymore. I'm not a fancy enough player.

Ah but wait those two people are..... ahhhh you little trickster. Okay so, I am a wolf here, how do I get out of this scenario? Do I not?

Okay now let’s hypothetically say I am a villager (woah, crazy right). Okay, who is the wolf, knowing that I have only you and pippy on my list and I go down as village (verified, immediately lynched tomorrow)

We're going to ignore the fact that I proposed an idea to hard clear a **** ton of villagers or shoot a wolf, put the choice for who to act on entirely in other people's hands, tried to get people coordinated so that there was no one who could back out or lie about it, while all the while, there are people claiming seer and redirector bopping around unblocked and alive?

Get out of the pocket, it's not a good look for you
:shrug:

I have literally spend 30 minutes trying to think of a way that this can go Nav’s way if he is a wolf. And I’m incapable of thinking of anything, unless we actually don’t lynch him tomorrow. Pockets are quite cozy but I’ve logiced this out to the best of my ability and it seems end game for him if he is a wolf.

Ah but wait those two people are..... ahhhh you little trickster. Okay so, I am a wolf here, how do I get out of this scenario? Do I not?

Okay now let’s hypothetically say I am a villager (woah, crazy right). Okay, who is the wolf, knowing that I have only you and pippy on my list and I go down as village (verified, immediately lynched tomorrow)
I think you're expecting people to not actually want to lynch you after whatever you say tomorrow. You'll be all "It's ok guys, hammer me!" but people will be like "No no, we want to lynch the wolf!" except you were the wolf the whole time. A little reverse psychology. A little go big or go home because you weren't expecting to lose your partner.

I'll consider that possibility if the game continues after you flip. I am thoroughly confused why you're suddenly on pip's case after saying she was 99% village earlier today. I also know I'm not a wolf, so no go there lol

Reactions: 1 user
What on EARTH makes you think this is not EXACTLY what is going to happen and what he is going for?

It's reverse psychology to the extreme, and very nicely done, but y'all are being played nonetheless.
Dammit why did I have to type slow

Reactions: 1 users
I think you're expecting people to not actually want to lynch you after whatever you say tomorrow. You'll be all "It's ok guys, hammer me!" but people will be like "No no, we want to lynch the wolf!" except you were the wolf the whole time. A little reverse psychology. A little go big or go home because you weren't expecting to lose your partner.

I'll consider that possibility if the game continues after you flip. I am thoroughly confused why you're suddenly on pip's case after saying she was 99% village earlier today. I also know I'm not a wolf, so no go there lol
Let's assume this happens. We're down to 5 tomorrow morning. We lynch whoever Nav says is a wolf, down to 4; let's assume he lied to us and we lynch a non-wolf. One night kill, down to 3 next day cycle. We lynch Nav if he lied.

Dubz and I aren't both wolves, and yet, both of us are interpreting what is happening exactly the same way.

Think about that for a second.

Or don't, because someone who has been a top wolf read for most people for most of the game came up with a very simple way to get villagers lynched and you are all like "oh gosh, it is so foolproof"

Enjoy the lemming life, everyone.

Let's assume this happens. We're down to 5 tomorrow morning. We lynch whoever Nav says is a wolf, down to 4; let's assume he lied to us and we lynch a non-wolf. One night kill, down to 3 next day cycle. We lynch Nav if he lied.
And what if the regretful tracker's target dies? Or one of the babysitters dies?

Its my fault. I said oho oho! earlier and the lawpy appeared.
explain softly yet gently
do your kitties like looking at their reflections in the mirror?
how do they feel about hearing their own meows?

• Haha
OMG I'M GOING TO KILL EVERYONE IN THIS GAME IF YOU KEEP BEING GOONS TOWARDS ME