Campbell University (CUSOM) DIscussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No, I was actually kind of concerned that they didn't get it

Samantha send me an email to confirm that they received my essay and told me that the committee is schedule to meet 11/8 and recipients should hear shortly after that.

I haven't heard anything since, so maybe I didn't it get?:( I am hoping they would at least send a rejection email so I don't have to play the guessing game.

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite! I am literally on cloud nine right now!!! Campbell has a lot of good things going for it as a new program and I hope to be a part!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like everyone that has interviewed at CUSOM has loved it!!
I just received my interview invite yesterday! I will be interviewing the last week in november anyone else interviewing then?
Hotel suggestions?
I'm very excited for this interview it was very unexpected!
Anyone that has already interviewed and wants to send me a pm and go through the day and kind of point out some key features about the interview or some tips that would be great!
Congrats to everyone that got interviews and accepted!

I interview then too!!

Is anyone else super nervous about where to live while going here? I was accepted here in August and love it. I came to look at the school today with my mom and we literally cannot find any apartments within 30 miles of the school. Id rather not rent a house. I was really planning on coming here but I'm now rethinking based on that alone...

Did you check out Lillington or Fuquay-Varina?

Not much to check out.

Additionally, does anyone know if a business dress code is typical for medical schools? I know Campbell has a dress code and I'm curious how common that is.

Not much to check out.

Additionally, does anyone know if a business dress code is typical for medical schools? I know Campbell has a dress code and I'm curious how common that is.

After my interview we visited Fuquay, which seemed like a very nice community that had some townhomes and a nice apartment complex that we looked at. But I think we are leaning more towards renting a house.

Is anyone else super nervous about where to live while going here? I was accepted here in August and love it. I came to look at the school today with my mom and we literally cannot find any apartments within 30 miles of the school. Id rather not rent a house. I was really planning on coming here but I'm now rethinking based on that alone...

I'm not sure how hard you looked but I called campus habitat and the meadows today and they both said they have plenty of spots available for next fall

The problem is I don't want to live anywhere near the undergraduate students for obvious reasons. I'd like to be 15 min or so from the school.

I am pretty sure there are some apartment complexes that are about 20 minutes away (for sure in Fuquay maybe others too). The only thing is with being smaller and independently run they may not have websites for you to search all this online.

Members don't see this ad :)
The problem is I don't want to live anywhere near the undergraduate students for obvious reasons. I'd like to be 15 min or so from the school.

I was accepted in early August as well, and I have similar concerns...I definitely don't want to live around a bunch of undergrads, but also really don't want to have to drive 30 mins a day to class.

Finally received a complete email today...after submitting everything back in August. They never got some of my stuff, sucks that I am at a disadvantage, but we'll see what happens.

So any good news for anyone regarding scholarships?

And did you guys get the first newsletter?
Pretty exciting to see the building progress moving along!

So I'm on hold until my fall grades come in. Anyone else in this situation? They said they want to see how I do in a specific class (upper level bio), is it bad to assume that if i get an A in that I will most likely get an interview?

So any good news for anyone regarding scholarships?

And did you guys get the first newsletter?
Pretty exciting to see the building progress moving along!

Just got the e-mail saying I was one of the chosen. Definitely more excited now.

did yall get the emails about scholarship info after you sent you deposit?

did yall get the emails about scholarship info after you sent you deposit?

nope, I haven't turned mine in yet and now I have an even earlier deadline to turn my acceptance form and deposit in because of my scholarship.

thanks :) i was just wondering if I need to do anything else haha

So I guess those of us who were accepted a few months ago, and haven't received word of scholarship info probably aren't being offered one :(

nope, I haven't turned mine in yet and now I have an even earlier deadline to turn my acceptance form and deposit in because of my scholarship.

Haha they made the acceptance deadline 1 week earlier than the default, sure it's no biggie. Wouldn't you agree fellow dean scholar :)

Received an interview invite for the last week in November!!! Very excited and hopeful. Anyone that has interviewed and been accepted please feel free to give me some helpful tips or advice, I'd really appreciate it! :)

Received an interview invite for the last week in November!!! Very excited and hopeful. Anyone that has interviewed and been accepted please feel free to give me some helpful tips or advice, I'd really appreciate it! :)
When did you receive your ii? When were you complete?

The building looks like it is moving along nicely based on the picture from the newsletter! When do you guys think they will start letting students/prospective students take a tour through the inside of the building?

Congrats! I got the call yesterday - ii 12/4. First one! Any tips are appreciated :)

The building looks like it is moving along nicely based on the picture from the newsletter! When do you guys think they will start letting students/prospective students take a tour through the inside of the building?

My guess would be sometime in April. In the meantime, I guess we can stalk them on the webcam...haha

Got an II for end of Nov!!! Did anyone get an email yet with details? So excited about this opportunity...

To those who have interviewed...what type of interview is it? Has the interviewer seen your whole application, part of it or none of it? Thanks!

To those who have interviewed...what type of interview is it? Has the interviewer seen your whole application, part of it or none of it? Thanks!

There are three 30 minute interviews with a faculty member or Dean.. all are one and one.
Interviewers have all seen your entire applications and know it. Some will use it to guide the questions they ask, others will set it aside and not even touch it (or bring it up).
Feel free to PM me if you have more questions, I am happy to help a potential future classmate:)

Does anyone know the student to instructor ratio at the school? Also does the school offer a PhD/MD program? The secondary mentions it but I am not sure right now... Thank you

Does anyone know the student to instructor ratio at the school? Also does the school offer a PhD/MD program? The secondary mentions it but I am not sure right now... Thank you

It's a DO school...

haha that cracked me up. How funny would that be if someone showed up for the interview thinking it was an MD school?

Anyways, my application got "placed on hold for further review", whatever that means. Best of luck to the rest of you though!

Last edited: