Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Fellow accepted students: Are the physical, Basic Life Support class, and final transcripts all due before March 15? Also, is the BLS certification online only or do you have to enroll in classes? Any advice appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends when you were accepted. Dates are found in the packet they gave you at the interview in the orange folder. BLS can be all in person or some online and some in person. @sandstorm223

Fellow accepted students: Are the physical, Basic Life Support class, and final transcripts all due before March 15? Also, is the BLS certification online only or do you have to enroll in classes? Any advice appreciated!
My understanding is you either do bls all in person or you do the course online and have to complete a skills session in person. I did the latter.

Members don't see this ad :)
My understanding is you either do bls all in person or you do the course online and have to complete a skills session in person. I did the latter.

But is this certification due right away or do we have until matriculation?

• If accepted prior to December 15 matriculation forms should have been sent in by March 15
  • If accepted between December and February 15 matriculation forms need to be received by April 15
  • If accepted between February and April 15 matriculation forms need to be received by June 15
  • If accepted between April and June 15 matriculation forms need to be received prior to orientation
I believe the certification test for CPR is due prior to the deadline date as well..

Reactions: 1 users
I'm still on the waitlist. Has there been much movement recently?

I'm still on the waitlist. Has there been much movement recently?
No way to know. At the 3/8 interview they said its pretty much up in the air as to how the waitlist will behave.

No way to know. At the 3/8 interview they said its pretty much up in the air as to how the waitlist will behave.
Do you know what date we find out our number on the waitlist?

Do you know what date we find out our number on the waitlist?

I asked about this - since I am interviewing there next week - and I was told it probably wouldn't be until April, when all the interviews are done. I looked at last year's SDN thread and it seemed like it was April when people found out where they were on the waitlist.

Good luck!

I asked about this - since I am interviewing there next week - and I was told it probably wouldn't be until April, when all the interviews are done. I looked at last year's SDN thread and it seemed like it was April when people found out where they were on the waitlist.

Good luck!
Early or late April from last year?

Rejected post-II ... This one hurts :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Could anyone of the current students comment on how stressful rotations are? Also, some schools let you turn in some sort of list where you can request certain sites. Is that the case with this school as well?Thank you guys in advance!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Could anyone of the current students comment on how stressful rotations are? Also, some schools let you turn in some sort of list where you can request certain sites. Is that the case with this school as well?Thank you guys in advance!! :)
there are 6 regional sites, you turn in a wish list and we do our own version of a "match".

Reactions: 1 user
Do you know when the last interview is?

I just interviewed on Monday (March 21) they gave the impression that there are a couple more groups coming in until the end of April. But they told me that the committee meets every Wednesday and that I would hear back this Friday (March 25)

Just got the waitlist email.

Email did not specify, but is there anything we should definitely bring to the interview?
I think its a good idea to bring a portfolio or notepad to write some notes on for presentations or interview notes during the interviews. They'll give you a CUSOM folder with a ton of info in it

Anyone here fill out a fels application (forgivable education loans for service)? Do you know if we are supposed to send in our transcripts?

Just received the waitlist email! Quite happy because the school exceeded all my expectations on interview day :)

Reactions: 2 users
I will be withdrawing my acceptance and scholarship offer. I am an older applicant and I was recently accepted to a 3 year school which will allow me to realize my career potential one year earlier. I hope my spot and scholarship offer will go to one of you well deserving applicants out there. It is really hard to say no to CUSOM because of they way they made me feel accepted and valuable as an applicant. I love this school and I am excited to see how fast and high CUSOM will climb. Good luck!

Reactions: 7 users
What kind of scholarships does this school offer? Are they merit based?

What kind of scholarships does this school offer? Are they merit based?
Deans and presidential scholarships. Merit based and I believe based on your interview performance as well? You can check their website regarding their scholarships.

Deans and presidential scholarships. Merit based and I believe based on your interview performance as well? You can check their website regarding their scholarships.
Thank you!! I'll check again

I just released my acceptance to CUSOM. I hope one of you on the wait list gets the call soon! Best of luck to you all

I just withdrew my acceptance here. Hopefully there's some good wait list movement here. Good luck, everyone! :)

Can any current students give me some insight on how grading works? Is your final grade for each course essentially just based on the integrated exams? Should I expect to have to complete other assignments, presentations, etc. throughout each block?

Congrats @juice31 I know you were a late applicant like myself so this is pretty awesome 8)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Haha I'm actually not from there. It's just a TV show quote.

Can any current students give me some insight on how grading works? Is your final grade for each course essentially just based on the integrated exams? Should I expect to have to complete other assignments, presentations, etc. throughout each block?

Grades are basically a combo of integrated exams and quizzes. OMM has other stuff, as does clinical skills.

Anybody get any movement with the waiting list recently?

I just sent an email to admissions to withdraw my acceptance to CUSOM. Hopefully you or someone else will get a call tomorrow and take my spot. If only they counted my deposit towards your acceptance too lol.

I was very impressed during my interview day by the facilities and friendliness of the faculty and staff. You guys will have a great environment to learn in (not to mention everything is all shiny and new).

Good luck to you all!

I just sent an email to admissions to withdraw my acceptance to CUSOM. Hopefully you or someone else will get a call tomorrow and take my spot. If only they counted my deposit towards your acceptance too lol.

I was very impressed during my interview day by the facilities and friendliness of the faculty and staff. You guys will have a great environment to learn in (not to mention everything is all shiny and new).

Good luck to you all!

What made you decide to withdraw ?

What made you decide to withdraw ?

Well I was accepted to Nova a few months ago and waitlisted at Rowan post-interview. Nova had problems last year with over-accepting and trying to get students to defer their acceptance to the next year, so I wanted to wait until all of my immunizations/required paperwork was done before withdrawing from CUSOM. That way, I don't get left without a seat anywhere.

Although I loved CUSOM, Nova and Rowan are both active in research, have geriatrics departments, and have their own hospitals. Campbell has a lot to offer as well, but those were some things that were important to me. It's all a matter of personal preference. Meeting with the current students at CUSOM I can tell that they really loved their school though, and that definitely means something.

If I already signed the offer of admission, can I still change my mind?