Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did fantastic in oncology! First class I actually nailed in vet school! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Jesus can take the wheel for the next 15 hours. I'm over this exam and am ready to gtfo this semester and this year. @SportPonies you still alive?

#justwanttopass

Reactions: 2 users
When the vet your externing with over break texts you to tell you that you had a good catch on some x-rays and the radiologist agreed with your diagnosis:highfive: Not completely incompetent (at least today lol).

Reactions: 9 users
First day back and spent it on our Onco service. Good start to rotations! Sad news though that my boyfriend's dog died when a mass on her spleen started to bleed. :(

I don’t like shadow magic. We had 3 hours of lecture today and we went from an introductory “this is an X-ray” to “this is normal rads of everything in the thorax” to “this is everything that’s wrong with the heart”

and yet I see nothing

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t like shadow magic. We had 3 hours of lecture today and we went from an introductory “this is an X-ray” to “this is normal rads of everything in the thorax” to “this is everything that’s wrong with the heart”

and yet I see nothing
Dang, that's a pretty quick transition. We basically had half a credit on normal rads before moving to abnormal. And several basic radiographic physics lectures.

Then again my school is kind of known for excessive radiographic education...

Dang, that's a pretty quick transition. We basically had half a credit on normal rads before moving to abnormal. And several basic radiographic physics lectures.

Then again my school is kind of known for excessive radiographic education...
That’s nice! I think they’re trying to incorporate it all together but it was a whirlwind.

Members don't see this ad :)
The year goes so fast. You'll be in clinics in the blink of an eye. After the drag that is second year spring semester. haha
I thought you were exaggerating at the time, but then I finally got my calendar all filled out and had to cry a little. So many exams. My brain is already tired thinking of these

Classes are technically canceled, but they're giving us the option of going to rotations tomorrow if we want (both VM2 and VM4). So I'll still be at the school.

I biked to school today. It's in the high sixties :cool:

But I feel for you guys.

There is legit a dude in my class that bikes every day. He biked to school today and then I legit had to tell him to message me if he wants to come in tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
When I was a student, any time school was cancelled for weather, they sent out emails about how the hospital was NOT closed just because school was out, but of course not to take chances if you felt it was unsafe...it definitely implied that you were expected to make it in.

Whoooo class canceled tomorrow means an extra day to study for path exam! Was really not wanting to go out in the -40 degree (windchill) temps!

Reactions: 1 user
My favorite present I’ve ever been given was the ice storm last spring. I had a phys 3 exam the Friday before and a parasitology exam at 1 pm on the following Tuesday. And to stay I hadn’t studied enough was an understatement. The night before I still didn’t know half the parasites I was pulling my hair out over stress. The following morning, I got to school at 3am, skipped all my morning classes, and I’m studying like a mad man to get these down. All of a sudden, the ice just comes DOWN. At 12:05pm, the school cancelled class for the rest of the day. The only people left in the building at this point were really first years and then faculty and the building erupted in cheers.

And then it was closed the next day, and eventually half of the following day. The exam was moved for Friday afternoon, and I credit the snow to my grade in the class. I got a like 85 on the exam on Friday. I don’t think I could’ve gotten a 50 on it if I hadn’t had those extra days to study.

Reactions: 2 users
Oooo that one was cool. You gonna go in on the weekend and help with transfers too???

Probs not. lol. I have to help with your silly OTS practice practical early on Sunday.

When I was a student, any time school was cancelled for weather, they sent out emails about how the hospital was NOT closed just because school was out, but of course not to take chances if you felt it was unsafe...it definitely implied that you were expected to make it in.

Ohio State never closed while I was a student. They are closing for this weather and didn't even imply you were expected in, they just made sure to tell everyone (including those who have graduated) multiple times (text, call, email) that "Although the University is closed, the VMC is open for business as usual. Everyone should report to work."

I regret my choice of going in today.

That was before I had even gotten dressed this morning. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Did you end up staying home then??
The time stamp said 8:12 so I figured that you were already there and it wasn’t actually 7:12 here. Sdn has stupid timestamps and they are not in the time zone you are currently in and it confuses me always :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Did you end up staying home then??
The time stamp said 8:12 so I figured that you were already there and it wasn’t actually 7:12 here. Sdn has stupid timestamps and they are not in the time zone you are currently in and it confuses me always :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm pretty sure it was at 7:12 cause I got in my car at 7:15. lol. I'm currently in Internal Med reviewing 605 so that I can pass our milestone.

Also, does the milestone get factored into gpa? Or is it just a pass fail thing to move on? Just curious :laugh:

Not factored at all. It's just a pass fail thing and the 60% is the pass point. You just have to pass it to move onto 3rd year (along with the OSCE). You can take it twice, but in the last 3 years only 1 person has had to retake it.

My professors are really engaging and enthusiastic this semester. I wish I was better about being able to be engaged and enthusiastic back at them.

Reactions: 4 users
All of this oncology is giving me the blues, test on Monday.

Anyone studying anything fun or exciting?

February is going to be a ****ty month

All of this oncology is giving me the blues, test on Monday.

Anyone studying anything fun or exciting?

February is going to be a ****ty month
I am studying amphibians

But today was studying horse feet and muscles and such. Which is not very exciting.

I like oncology though. I'll trade you for horse feet.

I am studying amphibians

But today was studying horse feet and muscles and such. Which is not very exciting.

I like oncology though. I'll trade you for horse feet.
nuh uh. I’ll take “everything dies no matter what you do” over horse feet anyday