Status
Veterinary Student

ResoluteMike

Iowa State c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2013
Status
Veterinary Student
There are pluses and minuses with everything. Small class size means we are closer and have better access to the professors. On the other hand, we don't have nearly as many clubs or extracurricular opportunities that we would at the main campus. The biggest pluses though is in-state tuition and I get to go home and see my family most nights.

cdoconn

obsessed with the plague
2+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
*cries*

These next 3 weeks suck. I’m tired. I’m stressed. I have 10 exams in 13 schools days. I had a presentation on Monday, a paper due tomorrow at the same time as a final and then a quiz tomorrow as well. I want to go home. :(

My exam today went well but it’s just exhausting. 9 to go.

cdoconn

obsessed with the plague
2+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
Me:

Reactions: cowgirl92

cdoconn

obsessed with the plague
2+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
ALSO, I have to get a new tire because I had a flat tire this morning because there was a nail in mine. So I was late to class and am driving on the spare donut until the tire comes in.

WildZoo

Illegal in all 50, Unlynchable Wolf
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
You can do it eggo!!

ResoluteMike

Iowa State c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2013
Status
Veterinary Student
I am a genius. I set up a humane society surgery rotation for the break and figured I would let work know my schedule on Monday. Oops. I am now scheduled for 2 weeks straight with a couple of double shifts. I didn't want to sit around the house playing video games and binge watching Netflix anyway.

cdoconn

obsessed with the plague
2+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
Almost all of my finals are “low A to get an A in the class, ~50% to get a B” and that’s pretty hard for my motivation

cdoconn

obsessed with the plague
2+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
In general. I've tried different things, and am passing, but I look for improvements to give me some wiggle room.
ahh

well

you remember the professor that I posted a lot about last semester? The one where I studied over a hundred hours for one exam and still failed it?

A little bit of me doing well is spite, in that my GPA this semester is more than an entire point higher than last semester because of that class.

cdoconn

obsessed with the plague
2+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
And the rest of it is Anki/ Quizlet, good repetition, and then we’re starting to get the clinical relevant classes so I actually gaf. So we’re in clin path, parasit 2, clin anatomy, virology, and pharm

I have a B in virology and clin anatomy, but an A in everything else, including my electives. It’s mostly spite though. Spite is the driving force for most of what I do

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
And the rest of it is Anki/ Quizlet, good repetition, and then we’re starting to get the clinical relevant classes so I actually gaf. So we’re in clin path, parasit 2, clin anatomy, virology, and pharm

I have a B in virology and clin anatomy, but an A in everything else, including my electives. It’s mostly spite though. Spite is the driving force for most of what I do
Spite is giving me so much motivation right now. More spite against this semester as a whole though. Like, **** this semester and how it has ruined everything and stolen my soul, at the very least it will not destroy my GPA.

cheathac

Purdue c/o 2021!!!
2+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2015
Status
Veterinary Student
Almost all of my finals are “low A to get an A in the class, ~50% to get a B” and that’s pretty hard for my motivation
Literally same. Got a B in my case based class (no +/-). More than likely going to get a B in Pharm as well (no +/-). Everything else I need to get an A on final to keep my A in the class. Hematology probs will get B+ (hoping). So hard to study but know I will be mad at myself if I let them slip. 4 down and 4 to go!

Reactions: Doctor-S

ResoluteMike

Iowa State c/o 2021
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2013
Status
Veterinary Student
Commuting and working 20 hours a week this semester did enough damage to my GPA that I really only care about passing. Trying to decide if spite is enough to make me GAF about microbiology. The knowledge that I will never ever care again about what bacteria are differentiated when using a TSI slant test is calling to my inner apathy pretty hard.

Reactions: batsenecal

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
The knowledge that I will never ever care again about what bacteria are differentiated when using a TSI slant test is calling to my inner apathy pretty hard.
There would never be enough spite in the world to make me care about that

vetmedhead

I hope my heart goes first!
2+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2015
in bed
Status
Veterinary Student
My finals philosophy

vetmedhead

I hope my heart goes first!
2+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2015
in bed
Status
Veterinary Student

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student

cdoconn

obsessed with the plague
2+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
So they’re [finally] building a new classroom building for us, and because of, they lost a staff/ faculty parking lot.

Because of THAT, instead of building a new parking lot, they just took away the front row of parking in the students lot (that was already over crowded because they didn’t adjust parking lot size to account for the 18 extra people in every upcoming class).

And then to top it all, main campus made this change during finals week. So we’re completely brain dead, and now we’re fighting for parking. This morning I sat and watched people come in from the parking lot and literally everyone that walked in was upset about it.

#finals

Reactions: SkiOtter

WildZoo

Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status
Veterinary Student
So they’re [finally] building a new classroom building for us, and because of, they lost a staff/ faculty parking lot.

Because of THAT, instead of building a new parking lot, they just took away the front row of parking in the students lot (that was already over crowded because they didn’t adjust parking lot size to account for the 18 extra people in every upcoming class).

And then to top it all, main campus made this change during finals week. So we’re completely brain dead, and now we’re fighting for parking. This morning I sat and watched people come in from the parking lot and literally everyone that walked in was upset about it.

#finals
The only solution is to burn it all to the ground

cdoconn

obsessed with the plague
2+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2016
Status
Veterinary Student
No one would believe you. The first years are still shiny, new and :love: veterinary school.
I was bright and shiny for about a month, and then actual vet school kicked in. Now I’ve gotten more and more cynical with every day that passes.

Someone from HS asked me if I liked vet school and was surprised when I said that I don’t like it.

“So then why do you do it?” “Because I can’t imagine doing anything else”