Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also had someone ask why I wanted to do a residency when it means basically more school

“Well I already hate myself so why not?” :laugh:

The heck with that. I am ready to be working and making money again. This low wage part time nonsense sucks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
tenor.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Really? Are they still? I had definitely shed all my shine and love by this point.
My love and shine was long gone a month in but since I’m in clinics this quarter it’s back because I’m getting to do things and see cool things and do fun stuff. Guarantee it’ll be gone again a month into second semester, especially since the tunnel is much longer

Reactions: 1 user
I keep my love and shine by doing things in the clinics, and with my job in the large animal hospital, neither of which I've had much time for this semester, and so I'm all dull and full of hate

Reactions: 2 users
I have such a love-hate relationship with school. I love it because it helps me focus and clubs and such are great distractions. But I hate school because it makes the hard days nearly impossible. Gotta walk the fine line and know when to back away for me time.

Reactions: 5 users
I have such a love-hate relationship with school. I love it because it helps me focus and clubs and such are great distractions. But I hate school because it makes the hard days nearly impossible. Gotta walk the fine line and know when to back away for me time.
<3

My love and shine was long gone a month in but since I’m in clinics this quarter it’s back because I’m getting to do things and see cool things and do fun stuff. Guarantee it’ll be gone again a month into second semester, especially since the tunnel is much longer

This is one of the reasons I kept working at the emergency clinic over the semester.

I find things are much more fun when you're procrastinating, therefore school brings me the most joy by giving me the opportunity to dodge responsibility.

Reactions: 4 users
Brian is tired.

Brian has two more exams.

Brian would like to know who thought it would be a good idea to have all of our biggest test in one week.

Reactions: 6 users
Brian is tired.

Brian has two more exams.

Brian would like to know who thought it would be a good idea to have all of our biggest test in one week.

I would like to know too. :cryi: I’ve officially reached the point where I’ve got nothing left to give and we’re still two finals out. Being sick plus not being able to sleep plus not having time to sleep plus all 8 AM finals is gonna be the death of me.

It couldn’t have hurt to at least let us have our finals at 10:30 like last year...or maybe the afternoon. Would have made a world of difference for my tired soul! But excuse my grumbling.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to know too. :cryi: I’ve officially reached the point where I’ve got nothing left to give and we’re still two finals out. Being sick plus not being able to sleep plus not having time to sleep plus all 8 AM finals is gonna be the death of me.

It couldn’t have hurt to at least let us have our finals at 10:30 like last year...or maybe the afternoon. Would have made a world of difference for my tired soul! But excuse my grumbling.
I relate very hard.

The worst thing, is that when I get out of the exam I’m hungry for lunch, but it’s only 9:30

I relate very hard.

The worst thing, is that when I get out of the exam I’m hungry for lunch, but it’s only 9:30
sounds like a perfect time for second breakfast!

My finals week schedule was:
  • Stay up quite late studying, usually sleep about 3 hours.
  • Up to take exam at 8am
  • Breakfast at Mom's (gone now, replace with Granny's)
  • Home and sleep for about 5 hours
  • Wake up and repeat.

Reactions: 6 users
Oh, and it's crucial to get the breakfast with classmates and bitch about the exam the whole time.
None of my friends have wanted to do breakfast with me so far this week :cryi: So I've just been going home because it's no fun to sit there by yourself (we have a place within easy walking distance called Mabel's).
But otherwise similar schedule to what you said, except I usually sleep about 4.5 hours. And when I get a random headache I sleep for 10...lol

My finals week schedule was:
  • Stay up quite late studying, usually sleep about 3 hours.
  • Up to take exam at 8am
  • Breakfast at Mom's (gone now, replace with Granny's)
  • Home and sleep for about 5 hours
  • Wake up and repeat.
Oh, and it's crucial to get the breakfast with classmates and bitch about the exam the whole time.
I like that! Almost all of my classmates are the “go to bed early and wake up early to study” type and I don’t get it. I’ll propose going to Granny’s for tomorrow! It sounds nice!

I like that! Almost all of my classmates are the “go to bed early and wake up early to study” type and I don’t get it. I’ll propose going to Granny’s for tomorrow! It sounds nice!
I'm the "stay up late, try to take a quick nap, accidentally sleep for 5 hours, guess you'd better finish studying now that it's 6am" type :laugh:

I want to stop studying so badly that I actually want to clean my house.
And I keep having to tell myself "no, no finn you can't clean until Saturday... when you will no longer want to"

One to go, but at least they gave us today off to prepare for it. Is this week over yet?

I want to stop studying so badly that I actually want to clean my house.
And I keep having to tell myself "no, no finn you can't clean until Saturday... when you will no longer want to"

One to go, but at least they gave us today off to prepare for it. Is this week over yet?
Procrasticleaning was the only reason my apartment was livable in vet school...

Only 8 more lectures to cover. I just have to find a little care left. Maybe it's under the pile of clothes I haven't washed in a month?

So we’re having our biannual post finals parking lot party tomorrow after our last final (parasit) which is fine and dandy... except that our final is at 8 am, and done by 10. Meaning we’re starting hydrating real early

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping next semester goes as quickly as this one did. Not all the grades are in but so far so good and pretty sure I was able to raise my GPA this semester!! :):soexcited::clap::banana:

I relate very hard.

Think of it as training for NAVLE. lol You guys are almost there though. Hope tomorrow afternoon is full of happy relief and great plans for the holidays!!

Got a week left. :confused::arghh:

I had the “post finals-what am I supposed to do with my time” twitches going on for most of today.

But then I remember that Addy and I slept until 10:30, didn’t get out of bed until 12:15. Packed my kitchen for when the movers get here on Wednesday, took a nap, and packed some more.

I always forget how perfectly vet school teaches efficiency until the end of the semester!

I had the “post finals-what am I supposed to do with my time” twitches going on for most of today.

But then I remember that Addy and I slept until 10:30, didn’t get out of bed until 12:15. Packed my kitchen for when the movers get here on Wednesday, took a nap, and packed some more.

I always forget how perfectly vet school teaches efficiency until the end of the semester!
It's funny because I'm doing all the things that I do to procrastinate during the semester, except I'm not procrastinating because I don't have anything I need to do, but I'm all antsy because my brain is like "Oh, what are we procrastinating on?"

Almost more twitchy than I am when I actually am procrastinating :lame:

I didn’t clean anything in my condo for nearly four weeks so now everything is super messy and I just don’t want to do anything.

Also, planning a trip to the CDC in a month. I waited a week to buy my tickets so that I could get my plans settled. In that time the plane seats I was looking at increased in price, so I just said f*ck it yesterday and bought the first class tickets because they were only slightly more expensive. I fully intend to take advantage of my complimentary alcohol and snacks... and that sweet priority boarding.

Reactions: 7 users
Just got called in for equine emergency team for the first time since the week before school started, just as I was getting into bed. What are the chances.